1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Republican Ted Cruz says, 'Pray that gays don't get equal rights'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Feb 24, 2014.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's always saying something stupid, and here is is again. And to think he's on the so-called short list of 2016 Presidential candidates. He's also introduced a bill that would make gay marriage illegal in the states where it now is...another reason it's important to keep the Republicans out.

From Salon:

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Ted, I don't need a PHD to know that those voices you hear in your head when you pray are NOT god. Take your meds.

3. Beetle

These Republicans are so un-American. I always love how they say they're more American than liberals...ummm no.

I hope someone like this never becomes president. They'll wield their religion around and force Jim Crow like laws on us. Marriage being undermined? Gimme a break. Sorry that me wanting to be treated like a human being gets your panties in a bunch.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's going to run for President in 2016 and Hillary's going to win about 450 electoral votes. He'll be laughed all the way back to Houston.

5. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

No way Ted will win nomination. Chris Christie will the nomination and I doubt Hillary will win its time for the white house to swing the other direction, Obama screwed over too many people with the healthcare law.

6. blueberrymuffin

It's ok because i'm praying against ted cruz having equal rights. Specifically his marriage should be annulled and he should be sent to the deepest darkest dungeon. I'm calling this legislation "defend america against useless hate mongers."

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's okay Ted Cruz, I don't plan on staying in your bigoted fucking country for long any way.

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chris "Bully" Christie torpedoed any chance he had of winning the election by allowing his staff to shut down the George Washington Bridge to punish a mayor for not endorsing him, and even before Bridgegate, he was still losing to Hillary, though he was the closest of any Republicans.

I don't think Christie had any shot at getting the nomination even before Bridgegate because he's way too moderate for the GOP base, and they want someone loopy enough for their standards. That's why I say one of the crazies like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul will get the nomination and be laughed out of Washington.

#8 AwesomGaytheist, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Yeah. No.

And you think everyone forgot about benghazi? Give me a break. Chris Christie is still the front runner and you bet he will destroy anyone in a debate. Not everyone worships the democrats the the folks on EC. The midterms are going to be ugly for the democrats just like it was in 2010.

10. Aquilo

I believe you..

However I got a feeling that the debates will be something like this:

Hillary: some factual info to improve the USA
    Christie: benghazi, benghazi, benghazi, protect our 'religous rights' against those minorities wishing 'better rights', benghazi, benghazi, benghazi.

I'm not sure if you could call that 'destroying' someone in a debate, but I'm sure enough Americans will agree with him.

11. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Not to support Republicans in any way, but anyone that thinks the Democrats don't equally focus on hogwash partisan talking points is being just as hopelessly myopic as the other side. The people offering policies that will lead to actual change (be it "good" change or "bad" change) are not in the two-party oligarchy.

Also, just opinion but I highly doubt there will be any "destroying" if it's Clinton vs. Jeb Bush or Christie. I'd be guessing a 50-50 race and coming down to the wire.

Of course, if a guy like Cruz gets it the Republicans will be blown out - but that won't happen... the best bet for the Dems is that the primaries push a Christie or Bush farther right than they can go to win a general election (like Romney).

12. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And he won't get out of the primaries.

13. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Chris can handle himself in the debates, he's super quick with his words. Some of his meetings have gone viral on youtube because he handles his words that well.

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once again, facts don't matter to the far-right-wingers. The whole Benghazi hoopla has been disproven and debunked time and again. Right now, Hillary is absolutely destroying every Republican in the field, and Chris Christie's approval rating, not just nationally but also in New Jersey, is plunging, and the New Jersey Legislature may even impeach him and throw him out of office for allowing his staff to shut down the bridge to get political revenge.

Now you're right, Republicans will pick up some seats in the Senate this November, but they won't win control of it. It's mainly red state Democrats who are leaving Washington next January. However, Democrats are going to win a lot of seats back and even more in 2016, as all the crazies elected in 2010, as well as many blue state Republicans are up for re-election. Unlike the House, you can't gerrymander the Senate, meaning they have a very real chance of getting laughed out of office.

15. XTREMEZish

:lol::lol::eusa_clap

16. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Lol, Chris Christie is done for as a 2016 presidential contender. He'll be lucky if he even survives his term as governor without being impeached for any one of his multitude of scandals.

Christie's pettiness and corruption cost the GOP the only candidate it had who even had a chance to beat Hillary.

And let's face it: Ted Cruz, not Chris Christie, is the face of the base of the Republican Party. And the base is who votes in Republican primaries.

Christie's only hope at winning the nomination would require the same circumstances as Mitt Romney's:
    A) Have a huge financial warchest to massively outspend and pound any and all potential rivals
    B) Have the Tea Party BASE of the Republican Party split between so many different candidates that Christie could eke out plurality wins in primary/caucus states.

Multimillionaire Mitt certainly had the money, and he was blessed with having the Tea Party GOP split between a whole crazy cast of very weak candidates, and he still struggled to win states against an underfunded crazy lunatic who compared gay relationships to "man on dog", wanted to ban contraception, and had lost his last U.S. Senate race 6 years earlier by an 18-point margin.

This time around though, the GOP has some solid Tea Party candidates who can unite the Republican base and defeat the "RINO" Christie, even though Christie is in fact a thoroughly right-wing politician in terms of policy. If the Tea Party runs Cruz against Christie, the GOP base will easily choose Cruz as their 2016 presidential nominee. (This is the same GOP base that booed at a gay soldier asking a question at a Republican debate, after all)

17. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh Mr. Cruz. When will you learn that more than 50% of Americans support same-sex marriage? Just look at CBS News or ABC News, or some other reliable news program that isn't local. Common sense doesn't seem to be very common.

18. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #18 AwesomGaytheist, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AGGHH! :tantrum:

20. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Keep it up Ted. The Democratic party thanks you.