1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your religion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Feb 23, 2014.

1. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, well, he also meant "are" not 'r', and "you" not 'u'. A person can't help the culture they grew up in.

To the OP, I am a Witch. Your people used to burn my people...and called themselves Christian. Heh, now they oppress *our* people in the name of Christianity. Such irony.

2. Paisley

True Agnostic.

3. Arikara

I'm a Christian, and actually, I'm surprised to see that I'm not the only one here. It's been difficult.

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm curious...what did you expect to find here?

5. Arikara

I just didn't think there were a lot of lgbt Christians, I haven't met any. My faith is very important to me, and having the church and my family use that against me because of my orientation has been hard.

6. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Dont have any.

When I was born my parents were members of the christian lutheran church, so I became one too. They left the chuch pretty soon after that though, and I went with them. So I've never been raised as a christian. Around the age of 14 I wanted to go to the church camp cause all my friends went there (it's a popular thing to do in my country, even though you're not religious), and I had to join the church to be able to attend. At first I was told I didn't have to join, but just one week before the camp they called me and told I should join or I couldn't attend the camp. So I joined then, but left the church again soon after it.

7. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was raised Christian Orthodox, but now I don't consider myself to have a religion. I think I believe in some kind of supernatural, I'm not an extreme rationalist or positivist... I'm just not sure about anything. Oh, it's a long story.

8. Pandas don't really have a religion. Although we hold bamboo as incredibly sacred.

9. I have been giving this some thought again and feel that I fall into the Agnostic Pantheist category.I suppose that may sound strange to some.

10. Azumarion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Catholic lol.

11. changetheworld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  12. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I'm just a nature hippie. Come join me: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...g-life-hacks-for-dealing-with-pain%2F;500;315

Okay no to answer honestly I am Christian but I don't go to church and i'm not religious to the point where I should call myself religious. I am more so Spiritual :slight_smile: I do Tarot Card readings :slight_smile: My personal beliefs are usually made up of my own perception of life and death and everything inbetween. If anyone is interested in knowing more don't be afraid to ask :slight_smile:

I also made that sound way more complicated than it really is.

#112 ChloeKiss, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  13. Chameleon

Hope this isn't too much of a bump.

I grew up Protestant Christian but as of last year I started identifying as a Deist, I couldn't live life according to the Bible anymore since the more I researched it, the more it seemed to be deconstructed. The Bible's proclamations about homosexuality was one of the big things that really made me start questioning. I'm a spiritual person and believe in a God/Higher Power of some kind, I just don't believe in the claims of organized religions.

14. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a Wiccan. I'm actually trying to become more spiritual but then I always say that and then when sabbats roll around I always forget and yeah....I'm kinda nonpracticing for the most part the only holiday I regularly observe is Samhain, and that's mostly because it coincides with Halloween.

15. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    N/A (Atheist)

Grew up thinking that I would be a Christian. My mother(The wisest person in the world, btw) has raised us to explore whatever we want. Was pretty much Agnostic for a few years, then came to the conclusion that I was Atheist.

If I had to choose a religion, it'd be LaVeyan Satanism.

16. Lazuri

I believe in Ormagöden, Cremator of the Sky.

Seriously though, I live in Sweden which a lot of people claim to be the most atheist country in the world. I wouldn't say I'm a full on atheist though, just some sort of agnostiac, probably.

That said, I'm a huge fan of mythologies in general and religions have a lot of it so I still appreciate most of them.

17. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Igtheist. One can also assume to an extent that I'm a "Gnostic Atheist" due to the implications of being Igtheist, but I somewhat oppose that for obvious reasons so I'll go with "Agnostic Atheist".
    A good video on the subject of Igtheism:
    Why I am an Igtheist - TheMessianicManic

I was raised in a somewhat catholic household. We didn't practice the religion. I don't know where my father stands but I think he is Catholic. My mom believes in Energies and maybe something higher up.
    I once asked "Can you believe in Jesus without believing in God" and got the "Jesus is god so that doesnt make sense" answer.
    I've never personally believe in anything supernatural.

#117 DeviantAttitude, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  18. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm an Athiest :slight_smile:
    My family is Christian, and so was I, in my early childhood, but I became Athiest when I was 10.
    However, I still find aspects of religion and stories/mythology to be interesting. (The Angels of the Four Winds, The Tree of the Sephirot etc) :slight_smile:

19. essie

I'm an atheist but was raised as a Catholic.

20. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    By that do you mean you are some form of Wiccan? Or does witch also find use by other neo-pagan/nature based belief forms besides Wicca?