1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The BIG Married and Gay thread..

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., Feb 9, 2014.

1. tscott

Hugh Laurie is a Scotsman:tantrum:not an Englishman, which makes his adaptation to American-English all the more remarkable. My mother-in-law was Hyacinth Bucket only evil. I thought I was the only one into Brit-coms and British TV in general. Is this another gay thing? If so I get it, because I know very few straight guys who would even get any of these references. Apart from Monty Python, my favorite was "Are You Being Served".

Camp,,,it doen't mean tents, diirt, bug, and gawdawful bathroom conditions...don't pin that on me...Adirondak camps...think along those terms.

I had mediation over child custody Thursday evening...it went well, much better than expected...still very emotional.

I have a headcold and am feeling rather punky...may sign on later.(&&&)

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Five influences (apart from Monty Python, of course) on my adolescence, in no particular order:
    Fawlty Towers
    Butterflies
    No, Honestly
    Blackadder
    Rise and Fall of Reginal Perrin

What a strange time that was...just more evidence that I really didn't fit in with anyone else around me...and more evidence that the Brits had it All Figured Out. LOL *Love* 'em...but they do NOT have it All Figured Out. Just maybe 20 or so of them.

I would *still* love to meet those 20 or so.

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2014 at 05:24 PM ----------

Oops...forgot to mention Doctor in the House! (and Doctor At Sea)

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tscott,

I got those Scot genes too. Just being stingy over hughe.

Tom

4. GayDadStr8Marig

Yeah, we got the quality time in our room while mom or dad cooled off, then we were called out for the spanking. Mom preferred the fly swatter, dad always used his belt. It didn't happen very many times, but looking back it's probably a small miracle I didn't turn out any more :***:ed-up than I am.

As far as the keeping up appearances thing, that just as much as their horror at the destruction of my immortal soul being gay is what motivated them to coerce me back into the closet. I actually remember the words coming out of my mom's mouth "what will our friends think" and my blood ran cold. That was the moment I knew without a doubt the unconditional love I had been led to believe in all my childhood was a ruse to pressure us into compliance out of fear of disappointing them.

Wow, maybe I did turn out more :***:ed-up than I thought.... :eusa_doh:

5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom's weapon of choice was the wooden spoon, and the standard threat was "....and I'm not gonna hurt my hand!!!" My brother rarely got it, but that was because I was chubby and slow, and he was generally too fast to catch. I tended to get it more anyhow, because I was the oldest and "should have stopped him", and if you dared to cry, you were in MUCH bigger trouble. But I think a lot of her spanking tendencies had to do with youth. She was 22 when I was born, and had the first 3 of us in 4 years, so she can't have been very grown up yet. I remember casually mentioning the spanking thing in a joking way when I was in college, and she got very remorseful and defensive. I felt awful because it clearly bothered her very much that she had done it, and I never brought the subject up again.

My dad never laid a hand on us. He came at me in a rage one time and one time only, when I was in my teens, and it was about something ridiculously inconsequential. But he was very angry and unhappy most of the time, and complained bitterly about my mom and her family every time we were alone together. It was very awkward, because I was always very close to her family. He had a huge amount of bottled up rage and we were always a little unnerved by him, because even though he never hit us, you always had the feeling that if he finally blew completely, it would be beyond awful. Years later I found out that his home had been very abusive and "if we were kids now, Social Services would have taken us all away from them". I give him credit for not being abusive in that way, although he was so shut down that he was never affectionate either, never touched us, and even holding his hand when he was in the hospital dying felt awkward.

The end result seems to have become that I am a touch junkie who barely shed a tear over anything for decades. That seems to have changed a bit over the past year or so....

6. ukguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Tscott - glad to hear you saw and liked those brit sitcoms. - they still play here on a channel called Gold. I used to love a lot of the American shows when I was young - I remember Maude, Golden Girls, Dick Van Dyke show, Bewitched. One of my favourite American comics was Paul Lynde who used to turn up on all kinds of shows - now that was real American 'camp'

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

What about Brit camp...? :slight_smile:

I watched way too much Benny Hill in youth.

Tom

#107 skiff, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  8. Richie.

I just wanted to put this out there... I LOVE George Clooney.... There I said it out loud!!

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2014 at 09:50 PM ----------

I tell you that because I've never told anyone really what I like as in attractiveness... But yea if I could choose to marry again, I would take his name, Richie Clooney

9. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with you, Richie. But I think he's closer to my age than yours. (He's almost 53.)

It is an enjoyable fantasy, though.:eusa_clap

10. Richie.

Ha, with him I'll make an exception...:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::eusa_danc

11. GayDadStr8Marig

oh come on age means nothing. couldn't care less if my guy is 23 or 63. as long as he is tru to himself and true to me and we get along and play off each others strengths and weaknesses. what else do you need? eye candy is nice while it lasts and for a visual aide at times, but when I go to bed at night and have my guy (whomever he turns out to ne, whenever I find him) that's what makes my skin tingle and my stomach do backflips. if he turns out to be blindigly hot, first ill have get him an eye exam, then get his head scanned, then take him home before he comes to his senses.... :slight_smile:

12. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Twenty-three is a tad young for my taste. LOL

They say male brains are not mature till 25, so I would never consider a guy that young. Plus I have a 21 year old son and it is just wrong for me.

I would prefer an older guy but damn the good ones are far and few between . Society damaged many.

We married guys were kind of insulated from that. Avoided rejection and no bad gay culture habits.

Tom

13. Richie.

I've heard to find out what's an acceptable age, is you double your age and -12

So for me I'm 32. X2 = 64 -12. 52... So for you guys who would be looking at 90plus year olds, maybe reverse it for the youngest...

14. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyhow, who would want to be "George Clooney's husband....who the hell are you again?

The Mona Lisa is beautiful, but I'd just as soon not have her on the wall in my living room...

15. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Doing the math a 55 year old is looking at ~40

16. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, so what's a 70-year-old looking at? Talk about a shrinking pool!

:bang:

17. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    70 gets you to 47...

18. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there's hope... If only some 47-69 year-old were interested... I guess there's only one way to find out. :roflmao:

19. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How you putting that in paper; Fully restored, one owner, stored indoors, low miles, gently used, ready for test spin...

20. GayDadStr8Marig

I guess since I'm in the middle I could go from 32-70, so I wasn't far off the mark after all... there are a few 20-somethings that have their stuff together, so I wouldn't rule em out just because of what their drivers license says.