1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The BIG Married and Gay thread..

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., Feb 9, 2014.

1. Richie.

Hi peeps so many gay and married guys and girls on here....

I want so much to be connected to all of you, I thought we could have our own thread, to say hello say good bye and just generally say we are all in this together...

Sooooo

YOLO (you only live once)(!)

Hey everyone!!! (&&&)

#1 Richie., Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK

Hello it's me, GW.

I have been married for 20 years and separated for one. My divorce should be final by next month.

Nothing has prepared me for this adventure, nothing could have kept me from it, other than the idea that I had to endure a bad marriage for the sake of the kids.

I have become what I am, and that has made all the difference.

3. GayDadStr8Marig

Hanging in there with you, Richie. Big thanks from someone a bit further behind you on this path; glad you've been around to share your story, insights, and trials. Makes each step forward bearable to remember we're going TO something, being our true selves, and not walking AWAY from anything but the deception.

Huge thanks to everyone here!
    (&&&) (&&&)

Richard

4. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi All,

Lots of people predate me and many came later and I am only here a year.

My gut says there are far more of us hetero married gays than anybody cares to admit. Maybe even the largest LGBT demographic. Hard to say for the closets have steel doors.

21 years, 2 sons (young adults).

Yee-haa baby! This wagon train is rolling out! Been eating our own far too long.

Tom

5. GayDadStr8Marig

16 years, son & daughter pre-teen. Had boyfriend before marriage so it was no mystery for me, just sheer denial. If you're into TMI blogs, check mine out! :slight_smile:

6. Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi.

Married 16 years, came out to my wife last May. 2 kids, age 8 and 12. I don't post often, but read daily. It is a relief to know there are so many like me on this site.

7. Pete1970

Married almost 23 years, 2 teenage kids.

Starting divorce/moving out in a few weeks

8. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Married twice, this time for 25 years, no kids. Just accepted myself 3 weeks ago, came out to my wife 2 weeks ago. We're both in therapy, and have agreed to not do anything rash. We've set a 1-year timeline, and are working to set our material and emotional houses in order in the meantime.

I've promised I would never cheat, and she believes me, because I am monogamous through and through. But if I do meet someone I want to get into some kind of relationship with, she knows I'll tell her beforehand, and we'll renegotiate.

The hard part is that she's so sad (angry would be easier for me, I think) at the same time that I feel so liberated, and I can't share that with her. It's all too raw right now.

Thanks for starting this, Richie.

And GW, nice literary reference. Frost's poems mean a lot to me (particularly that one). And that one (The Road Not Taken) and a couple of others will soon find their way into a blog entry.

Thanks to everyone here, for your support, for your good advice, and for your own stories. Hugs all around!
    (&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

9. tscott

Married for 25 years, 3 children (daughters, 19 & 10 and a son, 16). I had a boyfriend for less than a 8 months, as well, before I met my wife. I denied it even to him:eusa_liar. Go try and figure that one out:roflmao:. I could only love a woman, but it was fun to play around with a buddy. Been praying to be made straight, since...forever. Finally realized the answer was no, and that God was okay with it; why wasn't I.

Came out on Epiphany Sunday:lol: and started posting here shortly thereafter.

So here I am with a woman I love, whom I've hurt; on the road, as they say, to Reno. Trying to do what's right for all of us. We're going through mediation. It's amicable, but it still sucks, still hurts.

I'm done with the closet. I'm done with all the s**t that society has forced fed me and stupidly believed. I'm done living to please other people. "There's Gotta Something Better Than This" - Sweet Charity or "Defying Gravity" - Wicked, check 'em out on Youtube. Yes, I'm f**king gay and I like musical theatre! Gotta problem with it, Mac? This bear is done hibernating(!)(!)(!)(!)

I love you guys(&&&).

Lost Boys Found(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

Thanks for starting this thread:kiss:(*hug*):kiss:

#9 tscott, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  10. Gaboy1999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone.... Brand new here.. Married 18 years. 2 kids... Still married and scared to end things... I know i need to.. But not sure how and when...

11. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Richie, point of clarification, please?

Same sex marriage isn't legal where I am...but I've been with my partner nearly 28 years.

I guess it's two questions really. Do I get an honorary pass as "married"? And are you *really* looking for hetero-married couples, or can same-sex couples play here too?

Oh, damn, yeah...and I'm bisexual. Ok, forget it. I guess I generically fail "married and gay". *sigh*

12. GayDadStr8Marig

welcome, gayboy1999, since.I'm originally from Florida I think you qualify as an honorary member of the Gay Badger Brotherhood ... ( search this forum for the reference ) you've got lots of friends here in the same boat.

maybe I should take up that t-shirt idea... stay tuned.

13. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    GaBoy,

You'll find a lot of company, sympathy, empathy, compassion, and shared wisdom here!

So settle in, lurk and read a while, post as much of your story as you want when you're ready. We're for you...

14. Sport1985

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi,

almost married for 2 years... confused and suffering :slight_smile:. However, with the love and support from this group I atleast get a smile on my face because of you wonderful people.
    Very new to this Forum and haven't come out to anyone yet.

I am thinking of getting into therapy for some support...

Thank you everyone!

oh and i am considering changing my userid, don't know even if its possible though.

15. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're allowed to change it once. Send a post to an Admin...

16. tscott

Past my bedtime guys...sleep tight fellow Badgers:sleep:

17. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello all...Married 20 years, joined EC last July and spilled all to my wife 6 weeks later, although I had told several others in the months prior. (And let's be honest, I've known for decades!) 2 daughters, ages 16 and almost 13. No divorce yet; still living at home due to an empty bank account and a wife full of neuroses. Also a member of the Gay Badger Brotherhood - for real, I might add, since I am a University of Wisconsin - Madison grad. Go Big Pink!....uh, Red.

18. Richie.

Anyone and everyone is welcome!! So welcome!! No labels here :grin::smilewave

19. Highlander2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So 16 years married with two kids (8 and 6). Had feelings for guys all my life only to meet a guy last summer that destroyed the illusion I had created that the feelings were just fantasy. Since then came out to my wife last October and am in the process of moving into my own place next week. This site has been a life saver. Thanks guys for everything so far.

20. tscott

With an eye to inclusion and as there seems to be a disproportate number of Scots as there are Badgers and to honor biAnnika how about:

The Gay Kilted Badger Brotherhood and Sisterhood
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

(&&&)