Does this mean that coming out is in the near future?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Jan 22, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been finding a lot of moments when I could tell my parents. Certain things they say, like "I love you" and I'll say, "forever?" (Cuz I'm random like that) and they'll be like "yup" ..and then I will think that that would be a good time to tell them. I don't, but I could.

So I'm finding a lot of these moments. I also think about coming out a Lot. Do u think coming out is in the near future for me?

(Sorry I know my thoughts aren't very organized. I'm really tired.)

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like they're giving you a good opportunity to come out with an almost-certainly positive response. It's just a question of if you're ready to finally spit out those few words you've been holding in. I know for me, once I start thinking about something enough I eventually make it happen (with this being the obvious exception, but it's only been driving me crazy for a little over a month so who knows).

3. burg

kinda sounds like you have a pretty good relationship with them.why not?the love sounds to strong to kill with you lot.

4. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my parents I know is accepting. The other one I have heard say homophobic things... (Nothing especially harsh. Just like "the church says its wrong" and stuff like that) ....so I don't know if it's really a guaranteed positive reaction from both.

5. WearyWanderer

Try telling the one you know is supportive first, and then ask that parent how you should proceed with the other one. He/she might be able to help you with his/her reaction. It seems like the other parent might need some time to adjust, but I think would come around eventually.
    Good luck. :slight_smile: