1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could we have a mental health section

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Beware Of You, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

Being a LGBT person stuck in a cycle of therapy and not really knowing whats going to happen next it would be nice to have a section where you can ask people who may have been through the same stuff what its like.

Like the heath section its not for diagnoses or professional help but its nice to talk to someone who you can relate to about it.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, we did have a mental health section for a brief while last year - it was part of the Physical and Sexual Health forum we have now. We removed it, however, for a variety of reasons, including that it did, in practice, tend to encourage people to give their own non-professional diagnoses.

If you want to talk about some experiences in therapy/counseling, however, feel free to send me a PM - I'm familiar with the American system at least, and while I'm not a counselor or therapist myself, I'll be happy to share stories and offer you some perspective on your experience if that's what you're after. :slight_smile:

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could see this happening. I really could, as it does in the medical realm. When it comes to medicine, we can look stuff up and self-diagnose correctly ... sometimes ... and be way off and create unnecessary pandemonium on other occasions. Good call on behalf of the management here.