1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News MRA Fuckwads to hold a rape-accuse-a-thon against victim's advocate

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Necromancer, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Linky.

So, yea. This happened. I get the idea that a false allegation really, really fucks up a guy's life, and that innocent people get accused, but that's a far cry away from it being acceptable to shame victims and make false and spurious rape allegations to make a political point. It's shit like this that makes me wish it was still socially acceptable to challenge people to duels.

2. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well we could use better protection for the accused in general. The public defender system is kind of broken. How is it every time I hear about MRA they are doing something kind of stupid or radical or jerky. ... Oh they are giving out t-shirts too... Ya. Maybe a really jerky political stunt isn't the proper way to get your message out.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But that is their message. That women deserve to be raped and get no justice.

If there is a Hell I hope they are sent to the deepest and most painful depths of remorse, guilt, and eternal suffering. As it is, I just support ruining the lives of the people in these groups in any way possible.

4. Emberstone

Who wants to bet paul elem is actually a rapist?

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Paul Elam is a sick individual who is also against rape shield laws and believes that, because of the way the criminal justice system is set up, there can be no presumption of innocence for defendants. In other words, if he were to get on a jury, he'd vote to acquit in all cases. He'd go down the path of jury nullification.

7. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh! If that is their message, It's coming off rather well. Almost everything I see from MRA has a misogynistic feel. Even when they make an actual point it feels wrong.

8. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

It's what they do. Take a stupid double standard that society needs to get past, blow the problem way out of proportion, then add a gigantic heaping of vitriolic hatred for women into the mix.

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of every 100 rapes that ACTUALLY happen. About half get reported, a third get investigated, about 16 stand trial, 8 are convicted, and only 4 will get a lengthy prison sentence... Rape is a serious problem and shit like this doesn't help.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just saw an anti abortion commercial in my state and i feel bad for women that have to deal with this .

11. Saint Otaku

This is sick. :frowning2: