1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Yet Another Bigoted Phil Robertson Video

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BryanM, Jan 2, 2014.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More here: Move Over Gays and Blacks: Phil Robertson Also Doesn't Like Muslims (Video) | Progressive Populist

Here's the video in question, which shows how much more of an intolerant scumbag Phil Robertson is, linking all Muslims to terrorists, nazis, and communists.

[YOUTUBE]bO5AvX0ATQ8[/YOUTUBE]

This man sounds so much like Fred Phelps... typical Southern Baptist preaching at its finest, I had to listen to it for seven years... But apparently he still loves us. And by love, he means he loves to tell us that we're all going to hell because some man up in the sky who may or may not be real thinks we're abominations. Anyone who still takes up for this man is homophobic, racist, and a misogynist, although I guess all three of those adjectives can describe 95% of Duck Dynasty's fanbase...

#1 BryanM, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  2. Aldrick

Yeah, it reminds me of growing up as a Southern Baptist as well. I heard this type of crap all my life. The only thing left is the bashing of Catholics, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses. Then I'll start to feel more at home.

Every time I hear Phil preaching it feels like I'm back in Church again, nodding my head along with him, thinking to myself: "Amen!" It's like some horrible flashback. Same tone of voice. Same message. Same style. :rolle:

These videos are going to keep leaking out.

His religion likes to induce a type of abused spouse syndrome: It beats you up, tells you how much like a piece of shit you are, but then comes in with how much it loves you. Jesus loves you, understand, all you have to do is X, Y, and Z then the abuse will stop. It's all your fault, of course, because the religion is perfect and should never be questioned. No, questioning the religion is the worst thing you can do. The highest crime. The religion is perfect, you're the one who is flawed.

#2 Aldrick, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  3. Daydream Harp

Is it just me or does he look distressingly similar to Charles Manson?

4. Tim

Tim

I have a strange feeling he's going to regret ever offending the LGBT community. :confused:

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's the thing about bigots. They are rarely intolerant of just one group.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He does look a lot like Charles Manson, here.

7. photoguy93

Sigh..... I think they needed a new PR person...years ago!

Look, him having these beliefs as a backwoods jack ass are one thing. No matter what he believes, he is a television star. He has to act in a certain way. This has gone way tooooo far.

Who is next? Fat people? Old people? Skinny people? Women? Canadians? (Seriously, I don't know!) It's like being drunk and in charge of bombs - you don't know where they will drop!

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's slightly justified in recognizing the violence of some groups (not in hatred of them mind you), but what have Shintos ever done?

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In his ducked up little head, the Japanese(the Shintos in his mind) attacked Pearl Harbor because they were a "godless nation".

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mhm. I'm pretty sure those orders came from the top, because the government was in alliance with Germany. It's as if a Japanese person hated Americans now for the atomic strikes-- we lowly citizens had nothing to do with it! That guy sure is something special.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I would think us bombing Japan, they would have more to gripe about since we decimated 500,000 people, and probably killed another 500,000+ from radiation poisoning/cancer. But yeah, this dude is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

12. chrisV

holy crap. i went back to school today, and the amount of duck dynasty shirts i saw put me into one of those moods where i was seriously contemplating homicide. :eusa_doh:

seriously though, the fact that so many people support this guy is insane

13. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was thinking similarly when this whole thing started; that he's the kind of guy who could lead to a cult group. There was an interview where he talks about this all being a war between his type of faith and the secular world. He has lots of money and has land and could build a compound. Sometimes it seems like it's going to take another psycho cult mass suicide to wake people up to the hate that they preach. They are not examples of Jesus as they think they are. Sadly too many people agree with them until after it gets out of control.

As noted in other threads, the media should emphasize that many Christians do not believe that being gay is a sin.

14. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm starting to wonder if we should just have the one thread titled "dumb stuff Phil Robertson says"

15. OuterSpaceACE

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When he was laying blame on Shintos and "Moozlums" for killing and world domination he forgot the biggest group of all: Christians. Just slipped his mind I'm sure. I mean, witch trials, crusades, catholic church torturing, imprisoning, executing people, abortion clinics, etc. The Church of Christ is an odd bunch. The FBI considers them a cult/minority religion. My parents grew up in it and tried to make me go. They don't believe in musical instruments accompanying their hymns. They are about as backwards a Christian sect as you could want, a lot like Westboro Baptist Church really.

BTW was that a camouflage man purse? :lol:

16. blueberrymuffin

Yeah this guy is pure psychopathic trash

So far we have rants against gays, blacks, women, muslim. Which group will next fall under his ire and when will A&E/disney grow some balls?

17. Beware Of You

Its obviously the rant in GQ wasn't an isolated incident, A&E reinstated him because they believed it to be a one off, but this guy has serious problems and shouldn't be on TV.

18. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wouldn't be surprised if A&E is orchestrating this whole thing to create a Chick-Fil-A situation and boost their ratings.

19. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why in the hell is this guy on allowed on tv. For some reason this guy is so great on tv that it does not matter what he says. I respect people's right to free speech however it seems if even if this guy dressed up as Adolph hitler or a kkk member people still would not care. They praise him like he's Jesus.

20. justjade

Took the words right out of my mouth. And, yeah, I saw him putting that bag on his shoulder, and I was gonna say, "You hate gays, and you carry a man purse? What the hell is your problem?" :lol: