Foam.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BackgroundXtra, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Our gay bar is closed tonight, but I drove past it on my way home earlier. There was a big poster at the entrance announcing that there'd be a "Foam Party" there next Saturday night.

Has anyone here ever been to one?

I doubt that people are going to want to get soap on their clothing. So do they normally just strip down to their underwear?

I don't know where I'd put my ID, keys, and money.

And then there's the whole matter of a shirtless 30 year old frolicking to Cher music while dripping in head-to-toe suds. Tragic?

2. palimpsest

Seriously BE, frozen food isles and foam. I don't think your little town is as depressing as all that. In fact, I'd trade if for my suburban hell.

3. Ha, Palimpsest. You're right, I guess it isn't terrible.

And where your suburban hell is concerned: I guess I just think of California as such an open-minded, liberating place. But then again, there was Carrie Prejean and Prop 8. Vomit...

4. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Shows how naive I am, I assumed a foam party meant beer suds.
    I have SO got to get out of white collar familyville!

5. Haha, Dragonbait! I kind of wish they'd be beer suds. Then I wouldn't need my money!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Waterproof Fanny pack.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao: Always practical, mothers are!

Seriously BE your little town is taking on mythical proportions. Best to keep it a secret, otherwise there will be LGBT pilgrimages...and that frozen food aisle, with the disco music, will simply not be big enough!

8. Rose: LOL! Great suggestion! I never would have thought of that. And I even have time to potentially hit eBay. :slight_smile:

Greatwhale: Haha. After seeing the sign last night, I really just figured that this was something most town gay bars had. And I'm not even sure how "luxurious" it is. Sounds like there might be sanitation issues. I picture guys emerging from the foam with rashes, and *ahem* who knows what else...

9. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or plastic bag inside random (but washable) fanny pack. I have a tiny version designed to go around a wrist. An ankle version would be great and not obscure the view.

10. Chloe: That would be a great idea! Ziploc to the rescue. You and Rose are some crafty ladies! I did not inherit that gene.