1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes you weird?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainyViolinist, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Skyline

I choose a life separate from people, in that if I don't like a certain cultural norm, I'd rather not spend time around people that require it of me, than to abide by it.
    I live in my own world and while my connection with other people are important, my solitude is equally, if not more, important.

...I find that makes me weird. Especially since I have some ideas about society that no one seems to agree with.

2. BiPenguin

Tell me about it. I was once involved in politics and had membership with the Liberal Party which in Australia, is like America's Republicans. Here I was, a member of a mob who believe in conformity to their ways and I was there, upsetting many with refusing too be like them. Even wore to a meeting several times a business suit brightened up by a dark reddish tie with a naughty looking Donald Duck on it. (!)

I didn't know it until my late 30's that I have Tourette Syndrome. Didn't even know I had a whole range of tics which always confused me why people got angry with me for doing stuff, then making them angrier by asking them why they were so angry with me. :roflmao:

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2013 at 12:19 PM ----------

I feel lonely around a mob of people whether I know them or not. I feel most comfy with a few people who I like and when I'm alone with nobody but trees and rocks and insects and bugs and...well, you get it.

1. I don't like pizza
    2. I don't own any video games
    3. I'm radically liberal militant gay and a devout Catholic
    4. I've never kissed, dated, or had sex (not for the above reason as most people think)
    5. I have an incredible fascination with religion. Not just mine but others. Academically though, not out of some random search for God.
    6. The music I listen to
    7. I get irritated by people rapping or singing out loud on the train
    8. Seeing certain items bother me such as litter
    9. I get annoyed by too many "why" questions
    10. I don't believe in horoscopes (okay maybe that's not weird but most people seem to, I mean seriously more gay men I know believe in horoscopes than bisexuality, that's scary.)

#23 wonderingdave01, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Another thing that irks people is when you refuse to conform to their formulaic slate of interests. I have never done that and, if I haven't done that by now, I don't foresee doing that at any time in my life. That sort of thing costs making potential friends but if I had to change who I was, largely through changing my interests, hobbies, tastes, and things that stimulate me mentally, those are friends I don't need.

4. Night

Night Guest

I love and obsess over language, and writing is my favourite thing to do.

What makes it weird is that I loved writing essays in school. All the words I got to use! Anything I have to write is great, I love expressing myself or providing arguments/information through written word.

(Though I also swear a lot, and it's apparently said that people who swear more have a more limited vocabulary. It isn't true with me at all.)

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm a homestuck. So that says a lot, and pretty much takes me further out of the mainstream than even a hipster would want to go out of.

I have a huge passion for video editing.
    I drink faygo
    I love The Who, a band that almost nobody seems to know about (No idea how this is)
    I'm a drummer
    I'm a graphic artist (which is actually something a lot of people want to be but never end up as)
    I have an unhealthy amount of anime
    I have a lot of stuff on my computer.
    Sometimes I'll grab a picture just for the sake of having that picture. And I'll never do anything with it, really.
    If there is a god, that god obviously knows what yaoi is, and modeled me after it.
    I parody things for better, for worse, or just for the hell of it.
    If I'm not shopping or at school or at a shoot, I'm in my room. I think I might be getting whiter.
    I also just forgot I was posting this.

6. Hrantou

People call me weird all the time...and they never quite stop...

I think what sets me apart the most is that I don't drink. I don't like drinking or really the taste of alcohol. And lets be honest, for a 21 year old single gay man, that's pretty weird these days :wink:

7. Data

Data Guest

I don't like the taste of alcohol either. My friend once said "nobody drinks alcohol for the flavor dude" and I guess he's right save for the brandy sippers and whisky freaks. Beer tastes terrible, wine is nice but too weak to do what I want in small quantities. Therefore I'm left with shots of hard liquor. Do a shot and chase it. That's the name of my game.

*The above is an excerpt from a book of fiction that I'm currently writing. It would be illegal for me personnaly to consume ethanol.* :grin::icon_wink

8. Zac

Zac

Everything?...

9. GayTornado

I stutter a bit when voice chatting online

10. Skyline

Yeah I get it. I feel the same. But, I have lately come to terms with being this way. I hope you feel the same.

---

Oh, I also thought of a couple things that might make me weird to some. I don't like bacon or zombies. (Seriously, almost everyone I meet says they are obsessed with these two things)

11. mpac21

Ugh where to start lol....well there is my nervous laugh I inherit from my mom that is quite awkward sometimes in certain situations..but is a trademark nonetheless..I'm meek to the point where I will refrain from crossing a street with a stop sign until there are no cars waiting to pass through so as to not make them wait on me.....I blush way too damn easily...for the most foolish reasons...I'm gonna think on it more on it and get back to y'all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Emulator

Nearly everyone calls me weird, but I never asked them exactly why.
    This is what I can gather:

I like being alone, which is strangely considered 'odd' by others around.
    I offer to do things when unnecessary and when it's necessary, I reject any requests.
    I don't listen to music.
    And there's other things, but they don't know.

13. LILuke

I don't think any of this is that weird. :slight_smile:

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Off the top of my head:

* I'm over 40, and still actively search out T-shirts with my favorite cartoon characters on them.

* One of my hobbies is finding really cheesy easy-listening records at thrift stores, and recording them into iTunes for me to listen to.

* An ideal evening for me involves a good book, good music, and my cats napping nearby.

* I don't watch much TV, and I've seen about four or five movies in the theaters in the last ten years.

* I exercise quite a bit, but do it all in my living room.

* I took a visiting comedian friend to an indoor lacrosse game. After watching me cheering like crazy for a while, he said "You are the absolutely worst guy at being gay I've ever seen."

Lex

15. Rexmond

My attraction to older men is weird, there are few people my age I know who share similar attractions.

16. Mr96shyguy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I talk to myself alot when I'm bored and I do have the tendency to break out in a British accent when I do it

17. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, let's see:

Including my grandparents, this is my ancestry: British, French-Canadian, Mexican and Tarahumara (Mexican native)...and I'm Jewish (by choice).

I'm obsessed with bonsai trees, sailing and model airplanes.

Any conversation with me is an adventure in unpredictability.

18. pippi

I still love spaghetti o's with meatballs

19. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

I spend most of my time making-believe that I have a meaningful purpose in life which lends myself into seeming weird with others because they don't believe in magic or silly dreamers.