1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I played Harvest Moon Magical Melody...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Evil Monkeyz, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Evil Monkeyz

(I know it's an old game live with it.)

I played the Harvest Moon game, got the fifty music notes required to free the Harvest Goddess in less then a year, and got married. Typically I believe you can only marry guys if you're playing as the girl, and I did just that...

It was so awkward.

After the wedding he asked what he should call me: sugar, sweetie or by my first name...?

Um...

... Uh...

First name please.

Hm, no offense to anyone but I don't think I'll be doing that again. It felt so awkward and I was wondering if anyone else felt this way via a video game?

2. Abbra

I've been a huge fan of the Harvest Moon series, and I would be lying if I didn't say that I wish that they would allow homosexual marriages in the game.

Actually, if you want an interesting fact, in Harvest Moon DS Cute, this was almost a reality. In the Japanese version of the game, there was a "best friends" ceremony that you could do instead of getting married to the guys. It would play out exactly like the male version (HM:3DS) heart events. In the end, you would end up proposing to, living with, and eventually having a child with the girl that you courted. Unfortunately, the ability to get married was taken out of the westernized versions of the games even though the heart events still remained in the game.

I just never play as a girl. I've always played as a boy in Harvest Moon, because the gender is just a sprite, whereas the romantic interests are 40% of the game.

3. Ridiculous

Yes I enjoyed playing the female version much more than the male one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4. Stripe101

God I haven't played a Harvest Moon game since the Nintendo 64. Ahhhhh. Those were the good ol' days.

5. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Same here, especially with MFoMT.

I love playing Harvest Moon, once I get into the spin of things I can easily invest years (ingame years, haha) into these games. I started off with More Friends of Mineral Town by accident and have been hooked ever since.

6. Vapid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I only play as the boy in Magical Melody because the girl looks and sounds like a child. I feel INCREDIBLY weird marrying a 20-something when I look and sound 4.