1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Ex-gay pride month cancelled (and maybe rescheduled) due to "Anti-ex-gay extremism"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Jul 15, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is from the website "Voices of the Voiceless" which is a group for "former homosexuals, individuals with unwanted same-sex attractions and their families" (Just thought that I would give a heads up)

More here Ex-Gay Pride Still Alive Despite Anti-Ex-Gay Extremism « Voice of the Voiceless

Here's Truth Wins Out's take on this story

More here

Anybody want to take bets as to if this event ever happens...lol.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Ex-gay pride month cancelled (and maybe rescheduled) due to "Anti-ex-gay extremis

LOL. That's all.

3. ptacub

ptacub Guest

Re: Ex-gay pride month cancelled (and maybe rescheduled) due to "Anti-ex-gay extremis

I laughed at this, really. Wayne Besen is correct: It is just a publicity stunt. As the fight for our rights continues, these anti-gay, "family-orientated" organisations look crazier and crazier. And considering most "ex-gays" do end up coming out and abandoning these organisations' brainwashing, VOV is really just trying to revive something that is gasping for its last breath of air.

4. Beware Of You

Awwwwww such a shame, what is "Anti-Ex-Gay extremism" anyway ? Is this gay pride or something?

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If it truly was due to "several security threats", that's unfortunate, in part because no one should threaten anyone unless it's in defense, but mostly because it gives them a legitimate reason to feel like the victims. But I wouldn't be surprised if those security threats are like ex-gays themselves.

6. gador

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

But they truly are victims! And we should do everything to help them.
    They are victims of their so called "doctors" and "psychologists" (or psychiatrists? I always mix them up).
    They are victims of their families and "friends" that coax and press them into the hands of said "doctors".
    They are victims of society that often has a problem with everybody different and prepares the breeding-ground for hate and allows this kind of treatment.
    And first and foremost they are victims of themselves, their self-hate, fear and insecurity.

To all the "ex-gays" out there: I include you in my prayers (even when I'm an atheist)

7. Incognito10

All of these anti-gay antics just kind of makes me, even more so than in the past, believe that religion exists to "control the masses." These people just want to control laws and how people act in society. If you have a personal religion and are strong in that faith, why do care about equality for others when it doesn't affect your religion or take it away from you?

These people are just angry that society is becoming more and more equal and they are desperate to get their footing back, even if it is through something like an ex-gay pride parade. I research their website and they say they advocate for ex-gays rights, well, what rights are they being denied if they're truly "ex-gay." Even people on their website admitted they still are attracted to the same-sex, just don't act on it.

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think that's just us posting on EC.

9. Re: Ex-gay pride month cancelled (and maybe rescheduled) due to "Anti-ex-gay extremis

if indeed violet threats that crosses the line and makes the LGBTQ community looks hateful.

10. Minx

It's almost pitiable. Almost.

11. 2112

An "Ex-gay" pride month would be like making the unicorn the national bird...

12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I certainly hope that GLBT people know better than to partake in harassment and cause security threats, especially to such an obviously bullshit group. Of course their own people could have made such threats to support their story or it's all just a bunch of lies as usual with them. That's all they do is lie.

The truth is they didn't have enough people signed up to attend so it would have been an amazing spectacle of failure for us to see courtesy of the covert TWO operatives who likely comprised half of their confirmed attendees. Maybe Bachman's husband was going to attend and they just knew he'd blow their claim of "ex-gay"! :thumbsup:

13. Emberstone

unsubstantiated violent threats. they claim these threats all the time, but never take legal action against the people doing them... because the threats dont actually exist.

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

What a laugh. Gay people and many other groups get threats all the time, and still hold events in DC. Almost every day, some or other group is doing something there . It's not as if the central parts of DC aren't swarming with undercover security, and merely left to chance.

Oh, well...and here I was, about to head down on the Metro, and take photos!