1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Cory Monteith found dead in hotel in Canada

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Jul 13, 2013.

1. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Life is over... I have the urge to rewatch seasons 1-4 of glee now, but i know ill cry if i do it :frowning2:

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't watched Glee in a while because of other stuff. When I saw this news posted by my friend, I was in utter disbelief. Cory had his whole life ahead of him, he was a great actor, and an ever greater person. I just can't believe that he died at 31. I used to kind of only for him and the singing.

3. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont watch glee,but wow...
    I am disturbed
    He died at 31???
    That is too young
    I know Fairmont hotels,and I doubt anything could have happened to him...
    Rooms have really thick doors and they are really hard to break through...

#23 Zam, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    only watch Glee*

5. LinkLarkin

I couldn't believe it when I read the news this morning! I don't think I've ever gotten out of bed faster...

I didn't feel like Finn's storyline went anywhere last season, but this is certainly not the price I wanted to pay to send it in a different direction. A true loss to the entertainment industry.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I found this while perusing Twitter:
    [see attachment]

I'd like to think Cory's not gone, rather he's on a midnight train going anywere... :tears: :tears:

Attached Files:

7. the frizz

I found out about this last night and I still find it super shocking and sad. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

8. KingdomKeyDK

How did he die? Was he killed? Have they found any evidence as to what happened? I'm really upset!

9. LinkLarkin

They've ruled out foul play. Everybody suspects drugs given his history of addiction, but it won't be confirmed until his autopsy tomorrow (or later today from where I am) :frowning2:

They implied they found evidence by saying something like "We are not yet discussing what we found in his hotel room", but no details :frowning2:

10. Lonely Soul

I'm still shocked. I stopped watching Glee in season 4, but this is… agh, I can't even put it to words, it still hasn't totally sunk in.

11. Emberstone

I never got through a full episode of season 4, because everything just felt off.

Sad to hear he passed.

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I fixed that.. thanks for pointing it out. This is why I should not make threads from my ipad..

13. Gallatin

Really tragic news. I felt compelled to watch their original "Don't Stop Believin'" performance from the first episode of the series after hearing about his death. Listening to those songs will never be the same now. He will really be missed.

RIP Cory - as an above poster said, you're not gone, you're just on the midnight train going anywhere...

:frowning2:

14. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I remember when I was 14, Glee was basically my life for a few months. I became emotionally attached to the characters as well as the actors, particularly Cory. I just thought he was such a great role model and a genuine person. It's hard to find that with most actors being snobs or having an entitled personality.

He was just a good person and hearing about his death brought back memories of me being 14 and thinking that life was okay and that I'd have nothing to worry about in my future. But people like Cory Monteith remind you that life is hard, drug problems, drinking problems, depression, death, and even more. But he had such a positive attitude and a kind personality and he was only 31.

I haven't watched Glee in at least 2 years, but this hurts me so bad and I can't explain why. It's not like I knew him personally. It just really hits home because I'm 17 and when he was 17, he had already lived more than half of his life. Just,wow. Life is tragic.

Prayers to his family and friends, especially poor Lea. God, I couldn't imagine their pain right now.

15. Little J

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was in junior high when I began watching Glee. I'm in my senior year of high school, and this news devastated me.

Cory was a beacon of hope to us. He was open about his issues, past and background and never once has he held back to cast a ray upon fans. He showed this wall of strength in himself, a proven hero in how he had been able to overcome his struggles. He had no right, as I feel, to die alone in a hotel room.

His whole life was ahead of him. He was going to get married, have children, live a dream.

And I've not yet processed this. I'm still in a state of mourning. I don't know how long it will take for me to accept it, but I am sure of one thing.

Heaven gained an angel that day. A fumbling, smiling, terribly dancing angel, who took the midnight train.

Rest in paradise, Frankenteen.

16. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feels like a friend has passed. Best wishes to his friends, family and cast members

17. sguyc

I am about as sad as when Amy Winehouse died, ie. not very.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just...that picture when I saw it on my Facebook...I broke down crying for like the fourth time in the past two days...ack.

---------- Post added 16th Jul 2013 at 02:32 AM ----------

Well then you can go and take your asinine comment elsewhere because your comments aren't welcome in this thread. We're mourning for the loss of a great star and comments like yours are pointless. Be glad I respect the rules on EC because otherwise I'd be cussing you out for your insensitive comment.

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never watched this show and didn't know this star until now (yes, I'm clueless on some levels), and I just learned from my homepage that the coroner determined it was an overdose of heroin and alcohol. It mentioned that the star had completed a month in rehab just this past March. I had a feeling it wasn't one of those weird undiagnosed cardiac fibrillation events. Now we know. RIP, Cory Monteith.

20. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No Cookies | Herald Sun <- Cause of death established

I'm personally not surprised he died since I knew for quite some time about his drug-related problems and the alcohol, but I still feel sad for him. Oh well, at least I hope that as far as the show is concerned, out of respect for Cory they write his death into it, and not come out with some BS like in the one when the actress playing Brittany gets pregnant. RIP.