1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay children's friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Krilky, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know that it's a stereotype of young gay boys and future mtfs to surround themselves with female friends and of young gay girls and future ftms to surround themselves with male friends.
    Did you do this?
    I personally would have like to have more female friends, but I don't because my parents think it's bad to have female friends. Don't get me wrong, I like my male friends, but still…

2. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had female friends and male friends the same, but I treated the girls like boys when I was in elementary school, so those friendships didn't last very long. :frowning2: I actually feel bad looking back on it because I was pretty rough with them, physically.

#2 Shadowsettler, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  3. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

@Shadow,

Heey, I'm from Pittsburgh!

And, yeah. Sorta. I didn't make a whole lot of friends growing up but the ones I did make were always girls. I had very few male friends. And when we would play pretend, I was always a girl (naturally).

I have always had trouble getting close to males, which is why I'm glad me and my dad have been getting closer, lately. I don't want to have man-problems, cuz guys are hawt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 StefaniW, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  4. Connor22

Well in school most of my friends are girls but outside of school all dudes, it just sort of wound up that way but at the same time I'm pretty friendly with most of the guys in school too haha, it's sweet.

5. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You don't say what gender you presented as as a child…

6. King

King Guest

I've always been a girlfriend gay.

Even now, though, I just prefer women. I don't like men much. Girls are more fun to me, and much more relatable in some ways. I'm not overly feminine but I'm sure as hell not masculine, and around my town the boys have a certain sense of masculinity I absolutely don't fit in with. The girls, however, are much easier for me to talk to and be around.

7. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All my friends are straight guys so idk about that lol

8. Hexagon

I had a variety. But then again, I'm bi, so perhaps it figures.

9. Hefiel

I used to hang out mostly with girls back in High School, but that's mostly because that's just how things turned out. Male group I used to hang out with sort of dissolved itself. Plus I had a huge crush on one of the girl I'd hang out with.

10. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a kid most of my friends were guys cause I was the stereotypical tomboy for a long time now however most of all my friends are girls...I don't know why the change I guess I'm less of a tomboy but every now and I'm reminded lol but yea the guys I hang around now are douchebags so mostly female friends:slight_smile:

11. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    When I was little I had a lot of friends who were boys, and a lot who were girls too. Nowadays it's mostly girls - I relate to them better, and I'm much more comfortable with them. I'm usually friends with whoever is in my class (we're a tightknit group), so I guess I have a quite a few guy friends now, but we're not super close.

12. sugarcubeigloo

Most of my friends have almost always been female. I went to an all boys school and majority of my friends were still girls. :lol: I don't know why, I just feel more comfortable around women. Even now, most of my friends are female, except it varies a little more. :slight_smile:

13. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't have a lot of friends growing up, but I would mostly hang out with the guys. Now I like hanging out with girls more cuz a lot of my guy friends are douchebags.

14. wtf?

15. Level75

I mostly had male friends. That's just the nature of being a video gamer though. And most of them were online. Didn't have much in the way of "real life" friends for a long time.

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me think back: Until age 8, I was an only child, and lived in the middle of nowhere, on 240 acres in northern Michigan, bordering state forests, so there not any kids around in walking distance. So my friend until then was my dog, and we'd take long walks in the woods. At school, my friends were mainly boys. Then, a family moved in that had kids that was about a 15 minute walk away; they were foster parents, and had kids of their own, and again, my friends were mainly male...then we moved to a smaller place on a lake, and I had male friends going into middle-school, as well, and more of a mixture in high school/college. But early on, it was mainly male.

17. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My dad is like that too! He thinks it's super weird to have friends of the opposite sex. I think it's because he's never had any female friends.

Anyway, in kindergarten I only had male friends. But since I started school the majority of my friends has been girls.

18. timo

Over the years I've lost contact with some friends and met new ones along the way, but one thing never changed: my friend group has always been about 50/50 boys/girls.

19. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    All girls.
    Guys are waaaay too confusing.

20. smokey-knows-all

ive gotten a couple more female friends lately but it used to be all guys and whoever their girlfriends were. haha I'm the dickless bro of the group