1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gift ideas for 4 year old girl?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ameliawesome, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ameliawesome

Hey friends! I'm looking for gift ideas for my friend's daughter's 4th birthday. I've already got her some books and a kaleidoscope, and I'd like one more thing. Preferably a toy or a game or a musical instrument, just something fun. Her tastes range from Disney to Batman, and she loves her Freddy Kruger doll. Her birthday is near the end of May so I'm still doing research and thought you all might have good advice or even reviews :slight_smile:

2. Wolfie Charm

What about a stuffed animal or a playset? There are so many different types, it could be anything from Disney to Batman. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Or horses. Most little girls have a horse obsession.

That kid absolutely wins having a Freddy doll.

#2 Wolfie Charm, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

4 year old kids are most generally easily amused and like anything, but I usually find that the brighter the colors or shiny something is the more they are preoccupied with it. I would say just go with the classic xylophone unless she already has one. It is very colorful, and sometimes even shiny. Lol, plus you said "musical instrument" so I immediately thought of this. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. LD579

What.
    The.
    :***:

I had to say it. I'm probably infinitely more scared of that guy than her. Goodness, I feel like a kid. (Does / Has she watched the movies...? I'm almost scared to know the answer)

Anyways... Does she like the 'Cars' series? It's like Hot Wheels except the cars have faces and personalities. They have lots of cool toys and all (I only know this because of my little brother) that can be fun.

Mickey Mouse stuff, maybe...? Maybe a kid xylophone set thing?

I'll say this, too: lots of kids like anything that you get, generally. Hope you manage to choose something :thumbsup:

5. Aielar

If you can get her something that can be used in multiple ways (and promotes her own learning as well as scaffolding her developmental level) that's the best way to go. So, art supplies would be a good choice, and if she's into nature you could get her something that supports that interest. If you need some more specific examples, feel free to message me.

Sorry for all the technical terms - I'm an early childhood educator and the children I'm with are three and four year olds.

6. ameliawesome

thanks for all these ideas, guys! i'm really leaning towards musical instrument because it is both a toy and a useful skill, and the last time i saw all of her toys i didn't see any instruments. i'll have to ask her mama about the horses, haha, but you're right a lot of little girls seem to get into horses. i never did, but i knew tons of horse fans ahaha. another friend has a stuffed kangaroo for her, as well as a little archery thing from disney's "brave."

Aielar - no apologies, i don't mind technical terms lol. and it's good to hear advice from a trained teacher. i used to be a sub/assistant pre-school teacher for 4-5 year olds.

and about the freddy doll, lol her father is a juggalo so she's just generally used to slightly scary looking stuff. it's entirely possible that she's seen the movies, though i don't know for sure. as soon as she could walk she carried that doll everywhere. she also loves the ghostbusters, and casper, and the movie "little monsters." one of the first words i ever heard her say was "ghost."

7. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    get her batman cadgets.... theyre the best...

8. ameliawesome

ooooh, like a batman utility belt for kids? do they make that? that'd be awesome lol, thanks!

9. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah Hard out!!!... theyve got some awsome stuff!!! finger taser, collapsible sword, batarangs, guns of sorts... water proof, frozen tazer, fire blaster etc...

i used to have a few when i was younger...

10. Ianthe

WARNING: If you get her a musical instrument, her parents may hate you forever. Further note: the last time you saw her toys, you didn't see any instruments. It is possible that this was not an accident. Generally speaking, it's best to check with the parents before giving a child anything that can produce annoying sounds.

If I were you, I would get her stuff related to the Ghostbusters or Batman or other more typically "boy" interests she has. Other people will get her Barbies. She's lucky there is now a Disney princess who is an archer. (Let's hear it for Brave, and the first ever Disney princess who doesn't marry a prince at the end.)

11. ameliawesome

her mama is one of my best friends, she'd never hate me for giving her an instrument lol. but yeah, i would at least first ask if she has one already. i asked what she might want or need and the answer was "everything you give her is always awesome, and books would be nice." oh man, i wonder if they make proton packs for kids!

12. Wolfie Charm

That’s what I was thinking. I drove everyone insane with my xylophone and other little instruments. (And I got mine when I was eight or nine.)

I also second the yay for how Disney handled Brave. Lol