1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am tired of Drama, and I don't want to hear about guns killing people! ARGH!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deaf Not Blind

I have interesting friends.

Many young women are overly emotional and dramatic on my FB account, and it is just got me fed up!

This is the last straw: A chick PM me she is sad today. I ask how come, like a good friend, and I get into it. Drama.

Okay, there is a lot of shock and confusion about all the copy cat killings, even a buddy was teaching at a school in my town during a lock down. Scared the shit outta him.

But I don't need to be involved in personal emotional issues some girls having I know about it. She freaked out about how guns are evil, America is evil for having guns, all nations who ban guns have no shootings, blah blah blah. Sorry to seem insensitive, but this is a debate that has gone on a long time, and I don't own a gun, but guns don't cause murder...murderers who hate kill, and they will find a way to kill, always have always will.

So, what I tell her is the key is love and peace, and she said God murdered millions and the devil only 10 people. I lolol! 10? ooookaay. Then she said since I don't agree with her that means I am personally to blame for all the 5 year olds who were killed. Well, I don't accept the blame, thank you.

I can't post this on FB, so I am posting it here: I don't want to hear any blame for what a murderer does in hate, I am not him, I don't want no blame for what some bad guy did to you in the past, I am not him, I don't want no blame for all your problems cuz I am not YOU!

Stupid drama chicks, sometimes I just want to dump them all.

2. lexi

lexi Guest

i think your "friend" seems a little messed up in the head... no offence

3. Deaf Not Blind

She is...and I got more than one of em.

4. Polter91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Imagine have an older sister who creates family drama constantly and then tries to tell everyone we are the problem and that she is trying to live a drama free life and she wants nothing to do with the crazy drama we create when in reality, lol, it's all HER.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quick reminder that not all women are demanding and over-emotional and it's not a fair generalisation to make. That is all.

6. lexi

lexi Guest

Yeah, not all of us are psycopaths :slight_smile:

I would go into a detailed answer to your original post, but its giving me a headache to think about :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Deaf Not Blind

i didn't generalize...read again...i said ones i know.

---------- Post added 14th Dec 2012 at 08:08 PM ----------

yup, dude you got it!
    i am going to make a guestimate...1..2...3...4...5...6...7...8. I have at minimum EIGHT of these girls on my FB as "friends".
    when one is on me for something, I sigh...next day or the day after, it is another one of them.
    i try to be a good buddy, but sometimes i just want them to fade away into the sunset.
    yup, just like 8 sisters.
    i need more normalcy. i really do.

8. FemCasanova

Maybe time to drop said friends on facebook? Unless they are people you have to socialize with in your everyday life.

I will say I disagree with you on the gun debate, but I don`t agree with her either. I don`t understand why a person should own for example an assult rifle, but I do understand the want for a gun in the house to protect the family. So, I don`t see why compromices can`t be made. What does one need an assult rifle to protect ones family against? Is the person scared Godzilla might be coming to town? Or that a polar bear will break into your home? I don`t see that the average Joe need a high power (more effective to kill larger numbers of people with) weapon in his/her house, I really don`t. But the seemingly intense need to own weapons doesn`t make america or the average american evil. And the things she said to you was disgusting! I would have definitely been pissed off about it myself.

At the same time, tragical events do different stuff to people. Unfortunately, some don`t handle it very well. These kids killed brings tears to my eyes, but I am not feeling an irrational need to lash out on someone.

9. SomeNights

Remember, guns aren't just used for protection. They can also be used for sport(hunting and target). I can personally say I love firing a 308 (high power rifle ) and a desert eagle(large caliber hand gun) in a firing range. One day I would love to take an M18 or an AKA47 out to a rifle range under the supervision of someone who is trained on it. However, I can also say that I would never aim a weapon at a live being unloaded or otherwise. It's not the guns that cause the issues it's the irresponsible people that own them.

Oh and just to throw this in I'll take a compound bow and arrow hunting over any firearm. If I wanna kill my food, I wanna actually work for it. And at some point i wanna play with a 50 cal long range sniper rifle. :slight_smile:

I used to have this issue, then I slowly and systematically started to disassociate myself with the drama. I quit playing into it and I quit asking, because honestly I didn't give a flying :***: . Now, I notice I am WAY more relaxed. There is not near as much going on in my life and I am focusing on more important things. Like chasing after guys that I can spoil rotten and them not change b/c of it! :slight_smile:

#9 SomeNights, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  10. Emberstone

people use guns to kill people.

you cannot seperate the weapon that does the killing from the person that uses the weapon to kill.

Your point is moot because the kinds of weapons being used for these mass killings were banned, and when they were, mass killings of this nature were far and few behind. before the ban on extended magazines and military assualt rifles being own by civilians, it was rare that a single person could shoot a large number of people. now a single person can use assualt weapons and extended magazines, and shoot 50-80 people in the span of mere minutes, a feat impossible without the weapons in question.

used to be, the only massacres that happened where when people holed themselves up in some high location, and picked people off with sniper rifles one by one.

the authorities are saying that the shooting today involved hundreds of rounds, and that the shooter had extended magazines.

people who says guns dont kill people are creating a disproven logic. I am pointing my finger at you, and I pull the trigger finger, and say bang. your unharmed. I point a pistol at you, pull the trigger, and you got a bullet in you. I point an assualt weapon at you, pull the trigger, and you for 10 bullets in you.

the gun is the thing that makes the difference, and what gun is being used desides if you have one bullet, or more than one before you have time to react.

some guns were never meant to be used by civilians, which was why, before the NRA blackmailed their crusade to unbanned military assualt weapons by threatening any politician they could with being made to lose their next election, assualt weapons were banned.

charleton heston was a fucking douchebag; guns kill people because people use guns to kill people.

do we make it extra easy for them to mass kill, or do we make it hard. thats the real issue.

11. Deaf Not Blind

Yeah, well not all the girls i know act like that, but we do all go to same school and so i do have to see them around, so that is part of it...this particular girl i USED to go to school with but not anymore and i could drop her. Not had any guy friends accuse me of stuff like the girls i know, but unfortunately I can't chase after guys like you do. I def don't play into it when they pm me i just go ok, yup, nope, whatever....but it is when i am logical they say "i don't want to hear your rationality." and i go o crap it is going to be emotional drama then! I don't see any reason anybody must respond to, agree with, or listen to and say nothing when they want to use all CAPS and be super emotional and go on and on about stuff i think is wrong. i def tried to say if we had no guns bad guys would find a way to hurt others anyways, bombs and hey airplanes come to mind! So what is best way for a guy to get overly emotional bi-polar girls they know to chill out and not bother me? i aint interested and I'm not going to go "ohhh! really? gee you are so right! " :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 15th Dec 2012 at 10:18 AM ----------

funny thing is, i never mentioned assault rifles...I said rifles for hunting deer. you know the difference? it is a musket that you don't have to pour power in and shove one bullet down to reload. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but what i mean is clear...same thing is to say poke your finger in my gut i am fine, hold a kitchen knife poke me in gut I'm bleeding to death. lets ban all knives! knives kill people! no....lets not. we got laws in place to try to keep mentally ill, and convicts, from getting legally weapons. but they can get them or build them if they are determined. these peeps are nutters, they don't think rationally like you and me. we won't kill peeps, they will do all they must so they can. so ban one kind of gun, they will use another, ban all guns, they will find one cops or military or other nations use and steal it or even try to make their own...or just build a massive bomb.

12. Emberstone

well, if we have a way of keeping mentally ill from getting weapons, why is it that so far, outside of the oak creek massacre, which was based in bigottry, mental illness has been the common thread throughout the rest, yet they had no problems ammasing huge arsenals. and like it or not, people are angry over assualt rifles, of which have been the common theme. it was revealed that the rifle at newtown was a assualt rifle, and when people are talking about guns being used to kill people, and being scared of that, they are not talking of hunting rifles. they are talking of these events transpiring, all using assualt weapons, and your acting like we should just accept that people will find a way.

you dont get it. your bitching about people being scared; they have every right to be scared.

if they dont have access to assualt weapons, yes, they will use other guns, of which are in no way anywhere effective at mass murder as assualt weapons. if we ban those, a shot gun or hunting rifle is even less effective.

how many people have to be murdered before you realize there is a line to be drawn. do we make it easy to kill 30 people, or make it hard?

guns kill people because people use the guns to do the killing.

a person is not going to be able to kill 6 adults and 20 students with a knife in the same speed a assualt weapon.

people are being massacred left and right with weapons that when banned, massacres were rarer, and less deadly.

and your bitching about drama.. PEOPLE ARE DYING, AND YOU BITCH ABOUT PEOPLE BEING SCARED OF A SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT WAS NO WHERE AS PREVELANT WHEN THESE TYPES OF WEAPONS WERE NOT LEGAL.

your bitching about drama, we are talking about death.

people have every right to be scared, and it speaks volumes about you that your jackassing them, criticizing them for living in the real world where places that ban assualt rifles, dont have loopholes that allow criminals to buy guns without background checks, and have stricter sentencing for violent gun crimes have far less gun crime per capita, and wanting america to get off its ass, and do somehing about an epidemic that kills around 10,000 people a year, and you attacking them for drama.

people are dead.

grow up.

13. Greendalehumans

THANK YOU.

I'm reading these posts and I'm just getting angrier and angrier but you just said exactly what is on my mind.
    People do kill people, yeah. But they kill them WITH GUNS.
    Guns make it too easy to kill people without giving it any thought or making it harder to do. If someone's angry and they have a gun they can just grab it and shoot. If they're angry and don't have a gun they might have some time to calm down.

Yeah, some people will still shoot people even if they've taken time to think it over, but guns make it so much easier for them to murder so many people.
    We should've done something about this BEFORE a bunch of children were murdered.
    Not after it's too late.

14. starfish

So I'm going to bring this up once then I am going to quietly leave the conversation. When events like this happen, it is a tragedy and brings up very strong emotions for people of both sides of the issues. When emotions are high it is impossible to have a rational discussion on the topic. You may be able to keep claim, but others won't and soon the situation will escalate and soon you'll loose your cool.

That is why when something like this happens I stay way from threads on it, ignore facebook posts, and don't take part in conversations about it. If people insist on talking about it, I just keep quite and let them have their say. Once some time has passed and everyone has calmed down that is the time for these conversations.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

This is my advice on how to deal if your friends drama. As I said I am going to leave the conversation now as the topic already gone off the rails. I will not be viewing this thread again, so if you want to continue the conversation send me a PM. As long as it is not directly about the events of the past week, I'll respond.

15. Deaf Not Blind

um, wrong. she clearly said, and so did others to me, that they think GUNS all of them are evil. the guns themselves, all kinds are evil. seriously, you may have a wise mind and know that a simple hunting rifle is not what most of todays gunners are using, but others don't want logic they are so emotional over this media blitz, it is making them just fear and hate all guns...all.

"The anti christ wants peace
    God is against peace if it is not in heaven"

"The devil killed 10 people
    god killed millions
    in the bible"

"Devil only killed 10
    this is an accurate number"

"but it is only myth anyway
    not going to listen to you anymore"

"you don't value life like I do.
    you just want more killing
    and suffering"

Me: so am i now the one killing millions?are u blaming deaths on me?

"nobody wants to do anything
    I BLAME EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING"

answer was we need more love...

so, i am grown up, but gee thanks for hating on me dude! nice drama

---------- Post added 15th Dec 2012 at 12:41 PM ----------

calm down? nope. heat of passion peeps always have a way to suddenly stab or kill by running over with a car. you know that. i know it is a horror and so peeps are emotional and want an immediate solution that prevents it from happening again. i know, but evil is in mankind, not the gun, it is the guy who did it. and this guy, and others like him are nuts...it was not spontaneous, you know it was premeditated and planned out...he had to find a weapon it was not at Safeways aisle 6. so after he got it, legally or illegally, he figured what he wanted to do. that man chose to do evil, the gun was his weapon of choice, he could have strapped a bomb to himself too. nuts is nuts. we can ban some weapons, but not all weapons, because as the airlines say even a pair of scissors can be used as a deadly weapon.

the solution you all don't want to face is a moral issue within. it starts with love. that alone will bring peace. only by daily showing love not hostility and emotional rage.

#15 Deaf Not Blind, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  16. SomeNights

Whoa, I'm all good for a healthy conversational debate amongst friends over issues, but the second we start making personal attacks at each other I'm done. We're amongst friends, not politicians.

17. Ticklish Fish

LOL. that's like saying the discovery of fire is evil....

but really, are you going to keep her as "friend" on facebook? I shove some people into acquaintances for one reason or another... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guns don't kill people. The unstable, the disturbed, and the criminal kill people.

19. Greendalehumans

It's a lot more difficult to run over twenty children with your car than the walk into the school with guns.

I'm not saying that the guns themselves are bad. But having them makes it easier for people like this man to murder so many people.
    This sort of thing has happened way to often for us to be able to keep saying that it's not the guns that are the problem.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this is a better time to discuss childrens' mental health and how to make schools more emotionally safe for all children than it is to discuss the merits of gun control.

We need to attack the root of the problem, which is violent thoughts in the brain and the mental states that produce them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.