1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing a movie alone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Neutrality, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Neutrality

I'm standing at walmart looking at magic the gathering cards while I wait to go see spiderman alone at 9pm...I feel nerdy.

2. DanA

Pfffffft, I saw Prometheus alone the first time. It's fine. :thumbsup:

While I waited for Prometheus to start, I played Rhythm Heaven on my DS in the car.

3. SkyDiver

I've never actually seen a movie alone before (at a theatre, anyways).

4. Neutrality

Yea it's times like this that make me despreatley want a boyfriend though!...cause movies are expensive...and I'm pretty cute so he might pay =O

5. timo

I sometimes go to a concert alone, thinking I'd rather go there by myself than not go at all... It helps. And it's usually great fun anyway :grin:

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh pish! I see movies alone frequently. For a multitude of reasons I find it to be more enjoyable.

1. It is often cheaper.
    2. No one is talking to me during the movie.
    3. I can enjoy it more because I don't have to worry about anything but the theatrical experience at hand.
    4. I don't have to share my Mike & Ikes.

It would be nice to go with someone every so often, but I usually get so wrapped up in my enjoyment of the film that I neglect those around me.

7. SkyDiver

Same.... :dry: It would be nice having someone to do everything with. But for the moment, I'm actually really enjoying being single. :sunglasses:

8. Bolin

Psh, I LOVE going to the movies alone. I don't have to worry about finding seats for everyone (for some reason, it's always my job...), I don't have to share my food, I can go at the time I want...it's great.

9. Night Rain

I went once and it was pretty boring and I felt uneasy the whole time. Should have stayed home and watch another movie on my laptop instead. =_=

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never actually gone to the movie theaters alone before. I don't go that often anyways, but when I do go it's usually with friends or a guy. :slight_smile:

11. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love both going alone and with someone but more often than not recently, I go alone. Often I get to see what I want when I want without having to persuade others to come with me. I'm good with my own company even if I do have a few film-loving friends or the other half.

12. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm a wee bit of a loner by nature, because I find my own company to be pretty pleasant, so when I want to go do something like see a movie in theaters, my first thought is never, "Who else would like to do this with me?" Plus, when I go see movies with other people, I tend to sit away from them anyways, because I like to be totally immersed in a movie, so it becomes very easy for other people to annoy me. So I've no issue with seeing movies by myself. Plus, no one looks at me strangely for not getting refreshments (I can be pretty stingy). I can only remember three that I've seen by myself (Saw V, Saw VI, and Saw VII, because I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to go with me), but I really don't go to many movies, so that's a not insignificant portion of my movie-going experience.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Saw Spidey alone and have seen movies alone in the past ALL THE TIME! Last year was often me seeing movies alone fifty million times. Avatar, Blind Side, The Help, Spidey, I Am Number Four, the list goes on and on, I've just done it for so long and love it.

14. Thandrami

I just got home from seeing Spiderman alone. Personally I prefer seeing movies alone just for my reasons.

15. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last I went to a movie theater alone was when I went to see Matrix Reloaded

16. SlickyPants

I go to movies alone all the time. Occasionally I go with friends or family but usually alone. It is usually unplanned and if I have the evening off work or part of the day with no plans I'll usually take off to the theatre and see a flick. Rounding up friends to see it with on short notice is a bit of a hassle, plus it isn't really a social type setting. You shouldn't talk to each other during the movie so it really doesn't bother me that I'm not with anybody or within the proximity of a friend. Maybe after it is nice to talk about the movie.

There's been days where I had the whole day off and decided to waste 12 hours at the theatre and see 3 movies or something like that. Most people aren't up to that and I'm quite happy going to see them by myself.

Even though this thread is about movies I'll mention concerts too. I mostly go alone for a few reasons. Firstly, my taste in music differs from most of my generation and secondly, I find it easier to find a good seat when I only need 1 ticket (Especially if it is expected to sell out). Often times when I need 2-4 seats next to each other they are usually pretty lousy seats or really far back. When buying only a single ticket I've found that I can get pretty close to the stage, once even getting a front row seat.

17. Neutrality

Well just got back from the movie, It was way better then the other spiderman movies, the actor was cute...Wasted time siting through all of the credits just in case there was an extra scene (Only 1 extra scene and it's at like the start of the credits. ) I did see a lot of couples there though which made it really uncomfortable...me sitting alone in a theater full of couples =P

18. starfish

I go to the movie alone all the time. Just did it today. Went and caught an early showing of Ted.

One advantage of going by my self is that I prefer going to the early showings. Most of my friends want to go at night

19. Thandrami

It was truly better than the other ones! Andrew Garfield is just amazing! He is so adorable and his british accent just makes him even more attractive!

20. silkfrog1292

I usually go to the movie with other people, i feel awkward watching films by myself. But on the other hand, this sense of awkwardness doesn't seem to translate to theatre. Almost all of the plays i've been to, i went by myself.