1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ready for summer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Atticus, May 6, 2012.

1. Atticus

I know some colleges have completed the fall/spring school year, and I also know many high schools are getting ready for finals. My semester ended Thursday. I still haven't unpacked, but that's okay. I'm living with my mother for the summer, but my dad and I are working on a financial plan to get an apartment for me and my kid by spring. I've got a bit of a break before my two jobs start (46 hours a week, 6 days a week!). I'm very glad for this break.

What about you guys? Ready for a break too?

2. Vanille

I'm totally ready!!! For seniors this is the last week of school, but for everyone else in the school they have next week and then they'll be done. I'm just ready to get my AP exams out of the way and then I'm chillin!! :badgrin:
    haha well until college starts. I'm kind of looking forward to the college life and being a proper adult and stuff...but something tells me being an adult is a bit overrated lol.
    I guess having to pay bills and stuff like that is kind of scaring me but I'll get over it :icon_bigg

3. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can say that I'm ready for summer...

I love the longer daylight hours, and nice warm days!

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am definitely ready for summer. Not sure really what I'll be doing yet, but it will be very enjoyable I'm sure. I might go to LA and see my boyfriend for a few weeks, hopefully.

5. Atticus

I'm going to let you in on a college secret: None of us act like adults. Just so you know. Hell, all of my friends and I get together to run around the lawns playing live-action Pokemon. Nothing grown-up about us.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd love to have a break, but I work full-time, and I just took a week off two weeks ago, so that's not in the cards...

As far as ready for summer, no I am not, for I have not exercised enough to get down to my goal. Still, there's some time I suppose.

7. Atticus

I've never understood the whole "goals for summer" thing. I always just like to think "if I can stop making fourteen dozen cookies a week, we'll be okay." I can't stop baking though. It's getting to be a real problem actually...

8. Vanille

thanks for letting me know haha, and that sounds like a lot of fun
    Reminds me of when my sister and I were having a Harry Potter duel in the middle of the street one day while walking my dog lol :icon_bigg

9. Ridiculous

ITT: southern hemisphere doesn't exist :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

10. julia

I'm very, very excited to see my friends again and actually have a social life but am really not looking forward to working full time, wah :frowning2:

11. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Totally not ready for the Southern Hemisphere winter :frowning2:.

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol, no kidding. I would say I saw everyone's maturity overall decrease from high school in the first year of college. It's like "cool, no parents. Weeeee!"

Yep, it's good for feeling secure, but kinda sucks as far as the monotony.

13. After my History final tomorrow, I'll be free! I'm especially looking forward to summer vacation this year, because I have some interesting things planned. Well, for the first two weeks, I just plan to relax and play my favourite MMORPG. Then, I'll be cleaning my room, so I can put a new floor in. If I have enough money left over, I'd like to get a new bed and/or desk, because I've been using both for years... my mattress is probably 30+ years old, although it wasn't always mine. :icon_redf Anyway, my whole room will be getting rearranged.

In August or so, I should be at my goal weight, and that means shopping spree. After losing about 130lbs, nothing will fit me anymore; my clothes are extremely baggy now, but I'm trying to hold off until I'm done. I might get a tattoo to celebrate my accomplishment.

Other than that, I just plan to chill. Maybe I'll make a Tumblr or something.

14. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am looking forward to the break, but my hometown is boring. I guess that it is less boring now that my friends are talking to me again. I also do not have to worry about going to my old homophobic church. Really, the only thing that I have to worry about is finding a summer job.

15. erod123

I'm totally not ready for summer. Well I can't really call it a summer, 'cause. I start college in July. Its quite amusing because ill be 17 and in college:slight_smile: (my bday isn't till July 13 & I start college on the 9th.) But other than that my summer will consist of endless job searching. I still have to make my first payment of $540 to the art institute D:

16. ultrabluecheese

As soon as the winter break ended, I was already prepared for the summer. :lol:

17. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a little odd, but I never really liked the summer. It's generally when my body decides to fail and show me that i have some new problem that is trying to kill me. So i dread the summer every year.

18. Cascade

I'm not prepared. During the school year I wanted nothing more than it to be summer, but now I'm bored. I'm busier now than I am during the school year and when I'm not busy I'm bored!

19. RedKnight

Totally ready for summer... Wait what do you mean my summer doesn't start till December. NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. vyvance

Finals this week, and my Brother's graduation next week. After that I'm clear for Summer. Can't say I'm overly excited for it though. Summer just means full-time work instead of part-time, and having to listen to my adoptive-parents bash anyone that doesn't go to the Church of Christ and believe exactly as they do. That of course includes me. Fun times.