1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see on EC in future?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The restrictions in place on the communication features aren't something that can be lifted because of members supporting the idea in a thread or questionnaire. It's something that is beyond the control of the staff (including the Administrators) so I'd be wasting your time by asking about it because I simply don't have the authority to remove it in future upgrades.

That sort of decision rests with EC's owners and its legal counsel. The details surrounding the introduction of it all is posted around the site in a couple of places if you haven't read up on it yet. It explains the necessity for it after the infamous incident in 2008.

Martin.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

3. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I'd actually like to see some sort of "Like" feature. But without any way of keeping track of how much you get in total. That way, you have no incentive Like-whore and without a dislike feature people won't abuse it because of people they don't like.

4. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Oh, also, this isn't really a feature but I would like to see the staff more strictly enforcing rules against off-topic posts, such as people posting about gum (and only that) in the Glee thread and getting away with it.

That's an example I just made up, but it happens~

5. SlickyPants

This isn't really essential or really that important but I think it would be a nice feature to have and I can't imagine it would be that difficult to implement into the forum. How about
    tags for the Entertainment and Gaming forums so we can talk about a new movie or game and mention specific scenes or parts that might spoil it for someone who might not have seen/played it yet. It could look something like this:

It would be easier than trying to remember #E1E4F2 as the colour of the background.

6. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How's this for a magic trick? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This got installed a while ago, but peeps seem to be unaware of it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Dan82

the ability to edit thread titles...

8. SlickyPants

How about that. Thanks Martin. If only I thought of checking out the list of BB tags (linked near the bottom of most pages).

I kind of feel a bit silly for suggesting it now. Oh well, I try to learn something new every day and I now have.

9. roborama

absolutly!!!

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2011 at 03:37 PM ----------

i reallyyyyyyy like this idea, i think it would encourge outside opinions and also support for them as well. maybe add in friends, allies ect. like a secion for them would be really awsome; then i feel like they would contribute to the rest of the site as well.
    like in our school's gsa, one of the co-presidents is straight and he contributes so much to the group (there are like 4 straight people all together but still) i feel like there are only a handful of straight people/family/allies here and this could attract more.

oh and the resource section is really not helpful as it stands today, it definitly needs more

and i never ever can find an emotion that fits how im feeling, we are sort of lacking the normal ones or maybe that just me and i have strange emotions but either way
    how about: stressed, guilty, embarrassed, afraid, nervous, disappointed, sure, frustrated, disgusted, caring, jealous, excited, numb, calm, safe, playful, ashamed, panicked, abandoned, supportive, helpful, productive, cranky, grandmotherly, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (or would that one not fit....), and i think thats all i can think of for today... even if just a couple were added i might change mine more than every other week

10. Holmes

It would good if the interface were a little more user-focused than thread-focused. If in some way, there was an option to view updates to users' profile mixed together like on Facebook. I know you don't want to move away from the support-based approach, but it would be nice to get a better feel of the wider personality of members.

11. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    the Insert image button it seems that every time I post an image on a forum the link is fine but when I see my post theirs a box with an x in it where the image should have been.

12. Zontar

Did someone mention AJAX chat before? It would be a less buggy alternative to FlashChat.

13. Dan82

break the Entertainment and Media into sub-forums; i'd like a sports forum in particular.

14. kwyjibo

Yes, yes and yes. IRC (Internet Relay Chat) would also be a possibility, but as it allows anyone to connect it would likely be hard to integrate with the Regular/Full member system. Ajax, definitely - flashchat takes an age to load and doesn't work on iDevices and some other phones.

15. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rightio, thankies for the contributions everybody. I'll be reviewing everything over the next few days and getting a questionnaire set up based on the ideas.

I'll be trying to keep the questionnaire as short as possible so that people don't get bored completing it, so don't think your idea has automatically been ignored or rejected if you don't see it in there. Quite a few suggestions don't really need input from everybody and will be taken into account as EC's upgrades are planned and tested. :slight_smile:

Thankies!

Martin.

16. Tim

Tim

For me, it's not the length that bothers me.

It's the lack of bisexual in the sentence, and the lack of a period at the end. XD As I said in another thread, we go far past LGBT, but LGBT is what this site is mainly described as, and it's totally omitting the B in that.

Then the lack of a period is just annoying, though, I understand there's reasons for that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And the questionnaire is already made, but didn't bother commenting on the color thing, as I've asked in the past, and was simply told something like it wasn't worth the time or space to add new skins. I still wish we had a darker skin though, as this one really hurts my eyes at times. (Sensitive retinas, gogogo XD)

**I Know the time it up, but just wanted to comment on things, not suggest new things, XD**

17. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Afterthought that's late, but having the ability to delete posts off your own wall? All to many times I've posted on my own wall! Augh! I'm not sure if this has been discussed already; it's been removed because of the security changes?

Also, when you search on a thread for people who've contributed to it, the number of posts they've made and all that (the link that's next to each thread's title in the "Replies" column), the scroll bar from that pop-up window has disappeared.

And I'm loving the subscription to threads now! *dances*

18. roborama

i had no clue you can do that! i think it just made my day

19. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I once asked about a similar change myself before I became a mod. I don't remember the reason it isn't allowed, but if you ever do that again, you can just report it and ask us to delete it.

20. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Is that the sentence you were talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.