1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see on EC in future?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If people are really getting their panties in a wad because of some text at the top of a page.... my response is... you have too much time on your hands :slight_smile: As I said above, that's for search engine optimization. It does serve a purpose.

2. Eric

You can't just include that in the notice? Perhaps above the copyright notice? I dunno, it just bothers me that it's that long, and it seems kinda weird that it takes two lines when you're on the index page.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Long, complicated story but... Google and other search engines give weight to some things much more than others. One of them is page title, another is keywords or phrases in links. All of these are populated by the data from the same field.

I'm not sure if the red text posting message shows up for non-members, but you raise an interesting point. If it is, we should fix that because non-members can't post and don't need to see that message, and it would detract from the relevance of the rest of the page. So you've actually pointed out something helpful that I had not given consideration to... thanks for that :slight_smile:

4. No One

Yea thats what I mean. Where you can start Private Chatting from anywhere.

5. Foxed

About Changing the look of EC: Don't.

Instead, keep this as the default, and have it customizable. A few peoples view on the look of this site, should not change it for everyone, but instead, have various options available. Maybe have different color sets, basic design changes, that sort of thing.

Perhaps even a way for users to submit or create their own personal design for the site, which would only affect it for them?

6. BlueDuck

Lets see how many quotes we can get?? :grin:

(I have seen this on other forums, and it works REALLY well.)

I'll have a much better post on this tomorrow, but I have to say about the colors:
    I like having a variety of colors, keeping it bright. I think that really adds to the friendly atmosphere of the place, which, at least in my case, was essential when coming here. However, I do know that dark themes can be very popular, so maybe have a non-default dark theme?? Just a suggestion. :slight_smile:

oh, and streamline the style. no more of those square corners, I think it looks rather outdated. (no offense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7. Thatsit

I'd have to agree that it is a bit annoying to have to scroll down a whole page every time you open a new forum. just sayin'

And I think this would be nice too.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

ECer of the month?

Prizes??!

Voting poll to kick Mods out?!

XD

9. iamwondering

A section for parents and relatives of lgbt kids

10. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second the PFLAG area, and perhaps maybe an option to be notified when someone posts after you in a forum, so its easier to follow a discussion? perhaps make it so you can select to follow a thread when you post a comment?

11. Totoro

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but:
    The ability to edit and delete your posts regardless of whether or not you posted them like a week ago... Or within a certain time limit not as narrow as the current.

12. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

What if on the home page there was a quote of the day. Like all kinds of quotes funny, inspirational, sad, celebrity, helpful. and not all quote would have to circle lgbt topics. just a thought.

13. Mogget

I like the basic look, don't interfere with that. An art thread would be nice. For resources, lists of non-electronic media would be good, maybe include some pro-gay fiction as well.

14. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey peeps,

I'm still reading everything on here so keep them coming. :grin:

The last day to submit ideas will be on Thursday as I plan to start getting the questionnaire sorted on Friday so that peeps can begin completing it. :slight_smile: People can still submit ideas after Thursday, but it just won't be included in the questionnaire, so the chances of it being in the next upgrade will be minimal.

Martin.

15. browneyedboy

A Glee and Gaga mood <- this is a gay chatroom after all :grin: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You guys have done a great job running the site so far im sure whatever changes you make will be well thought out and helpful to all!
    [​IMG] <- Gaga
    [​IMG] <- Glee (Puck)

#55 browneyedboy, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  16. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Colour customization and support for all picture file type.

17. InaRut

Perhaps a live browser chat alongside with forum activity. I've noticed this sort of thing on other sites that stream movies and such. Might get people more involved in chat if it's directly attached to the site instead of opened in another window.

*shrugs*

Or more Walruses...and Chocolate...

18. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

I think we should be able to send PM's to new members because sometimes i read a new thread and i just want to send them a PM that only they can see, that they can think is special because sometimes these new threads are heart breaking.

19. Idonteven

Oh I was going to try and think of things I've seen on other forums I've used in the past but I kind of forgot. I guess there is no point trying racking my brain for the sake of things though, I'll just fill out the questionnaire :slight_smile:

20. RaRa

Idk about anyone else here, but I think that there should be a "troll forum" where people can come at the end of the day and blow off steam, post funny videos/pics, and act like jackasses (all within the rules of the site, of course. You can joke around with each other but not say anything personal). Kinda like a less gay 4chan. It should probably only be accessible to full members, and especially not to people who just lurk the site.

Just an idea to throw out there. I go to a few forums that have places like this, and at the end of a long, hard day, there's always people that crack me up and make me feel better, or a place where you can just have a little fun and blow off steam, like I said.

Prolly not gonna happen, but just giving a suggestion. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.