1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not knowing youre in love

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by limfjord96, Apr 9, 2011.

1. limfjord96

had a deep conversation with a coworker today, do you think it is possible to fall in love with some one with out knowing it until one day it just hits ya like a ton of bricks? has this happened to anyone?

2. Nomad187

yup I think its possible. in fact I know it is. cliche I know but I fell in love with my best friend. We have been friends since we were in grade 2 and basically after he moved like 7 hours away I felt a giant hole in my life. I talked to him every day after he moved but not having him there to hug and see face to face was tough and after not seeing each other for a year when I went to visit him I felt like that hole was filled again. I knew I loved him but only as a brother because all my brothers are alot older than me so he was my age and family basically our families were close because of us. and yea after that I realized

3. limfjord96

yeah, that is cliche but awesome, i think its way common. We let people in unknowingly and little things here and there add up until we are completely consumed by this individual, its kinda cool. Now is risking that connection worth it for a shot at something better?

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think it is possible.

Well, if you feel that it is worth it to give it a shot, why not? Telling someone how you feel about them, is putting words to the feelings. If someone would tell me that they have fallen in love with me, without me knowing, the last thing I would do is run away. I would be flattered and at least give the person a chance to explain. If I don't have the same feelings, I would try to build a- or maintain the friendship and try to make the person feel less awkward about the situation.

If I feel that there is something or there is potential for something to develop, I would give it a shot myself. Probably I would hug the person first and then explain what I feel, and why giving it a chance would be a cool thing to do.

It is a risk, but I wouldn't necessarily see it as a risk to an existing friendship. In some ways, being open about ones feelings with the other person can perhaps even strengthen the friendship in ways that weren't possible before.

5. limfjord96

i totally agree, i feel having a foundation of friendship can always be fell back on, where as casdual dating ends badly typically bc there is no foundation in case the relationship crumbles, well just my experience so far, id be down to go for it i think, why not? lol

6. RaRa

This is how it was with a friend of mine...knew him since 7th grade...than in 11th grade...BAM! :lol:

7. Bolin

The EXACT same thing happened to me with the EXACT same schooling years. Met him in 7th grade when I moved from my home town. We became best friends really quickly. When he got his first girlfriend, I was super jealous and realized I had strong feelings for him (although I probably wouldn't say I was in love with him). However, my feelings eventually left and he got married just a few months ago (to the same girl).

8. Aya McCabre

I fell in love with someone, got banned from seeing them, got over them and then realised some years later that I had been in love with her..... I'm a little slow sometimes haha

9. Flyers2011

This happened to me.

I was friends with a girl in my gym class and it just hit me one day that I really liked her. I struggled with my sexuality. Then about a year later I realized it was love.

Then we became good friends and I miss her like hell. But that's because we're great friends. I realized that we were better as friends.

But. Occasionally I think, "What if?" But I assume that's just wishful thinking.

10. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes. Especially for those who have never been in love. You have this deep feeling, deep connection to someone you only ever thought of as a friend. Never thought of them as anything else so you let that connection grow without giving it a second thought and BAM

11. This is completely possible. That happened to me. I knew the person for years and thought nothing of it, but then when they left my life I was crushed and when we were reunited I realized I was in love and should have recognized it before...

Totally possible. Sometimes it sneaks up on you.