Tattoo inputs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bibliophile, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Bibliophile

Ok as someone who tends to commemorate most things important events in my life I have a few questions about my next one.

So having figured out I am Bi and being in the military for 3 years after the fact I want to celebrate both getting out and finally being able to be open about it for the first time since sorting my feelings out. Any ideas on a discrete tattoo design that could do this? I am thinking something on my wrist that a watch will cover. But as for what I have no idea. I will be doing my own research but if people have ideas I will gladly take them.

2. Flyers2011

You could get a purple, pink, and blue triangle on your arm or something. That shape and those colors represent bisexuality.

As for military, maybe a nickname if you had one? Or the name of your squad? Or the dates you served?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't think of anything that could be small enough that a watch would cover it. My first thought was of dog-tags colored purple pink and blue, but that might not be feasible.

Lex

4. Aya McCabre

For something that small I would stick with linework..... everything will spread over time so a small tattoo won't age well unless it's really simple.

5. Bibliophile

Please give your basis for this? I mean with proper care and touch ups I see no reason that a tat would would age poorly until you are well into your golden years and your skin starts to lose elasticity. I am just curious as after nine tats this is the first time I have heard this mentioned.

6. Helen

Helen Guest

^Well if there's too much detail in a really small tattoo, there is a risk of stuff just running into each other (I had my first tat the other day, and my artist told me this while explaining why he made mine bigger than I originally asked :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7. Bibliophile

Hmmm maybe I never got one small enough for this to be mentioned then. That or I never wanted my smaller tats to be that busy?

8. Daniel

A small blue square with a yellow equal = sign in it. It's the equality signal.