1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Well, it is not "pay to win" as anything that affects unit attributes and skills can not be purchased with real money. You must use the in-game points to unlock "runes" which have the biggest impact on player added stats. Masteries are unlocked through leveling, and as you level you are matched with similarly leveled players so this is usually evened out. You can argue that the newest champions are "OP" or over-powered but usually Riot does a good job of release champions in a balanced state-though arguable.

Lane picking, and the role you play has a lot of strategy in itself. It actually requires some practice and skill to master a champions abilities, know their strengths and weaknesses. I'm guessing you have definitely not had a positive experience playing the few games you must have played. Learning how to adequately play a champion to their fullest potential can take weeks to master. Learning specific builds, enemy match ups, how that impacts your build path, their build path, the team impacts, etc can become quite complex!

It is more a "MOBA" Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, like DotA and HoN. Though, there is a lot of strategy involved, and it is in real-time, and up to 10 units with positioning involved. I'm guessing you just have not really given it a fair chance or had a good experience playing it.

2. ScatteredEarth

Like I had said.. Maybe I just don't like that type of thing, I prefer playing with countries over "champions". Not to say that the games I play make me want to tear my hair out.. But I'd rather use a card to f*** over the enemy team than get curb stomped through more than half the match :slight_smile: (If you ever played Age Of Empires, you'll understand why I hate the french with a passion though :/)

3. BudderMC

Ah, MOBA was the term I was looking for, not RTS. I knew there was something.

AND SHYVANA BUFFS :love:

On the other hand, they took Shyvana's not-really-a-passive passive and just took 3 of the effects and moved them onto their respective abilities. :/

4. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yay, I just finished provisionals and landed in silver V!! So relieved!!

Any of you getting SGU? Or those team summ icons? I'm not sure if I should get an icon, but they're limited edition, right? I want to try to get thr least common team logo that looks nice, maybe the lemondogs or whatever. A lot of people on my friends list have the EG one tho

5. Jonathan

Haha, I just played a duo top lane (as Yorick) with a Lux and we completely dominated. Whenever their jungler came to try to gank, we would just out damage them and push them away. By ten minutes in we had already taken two of their top turrets :grin: . (But then they decided to be mean and gang up on us :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

6. Sardonic

I just finished my provisionals, went 8/2 and got placed in Silver II! Yay!

7. BudderMC

^ grats! I'm curious to see where I'd land, but I don't want to play ranked. I played one game and now I have a 100% win rate with Rammus xD

Also, Zyra is ridiculous. I don't know why people don't play her mid more often. I just need to learn to support with her and I'm golden...

8. Sardonic

My two favorite characters at the moment are Swain, and Caitlyn, but I'm looking to expand my champion repertoire. I'm not all that good with bruisers and tanks, and I wish I was a more versatile player =/ lol. I guess that it will take some time.

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I'd like to think I'm good using Vi majority of the time, but I use heroes my own way, its annoying when people complain how I use her, like for example.. people use her as tank all the way through, but for me the first item I get for her is the Statikk Shiv ( Lightning sword ). They call me a noob, but later when I start getting kills, they say nothing.

10. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    you should try! don't you want the season rewards things?!

11. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Played a ranked game today. Had a 4/12 Graves feed the enemy Vayne, who ended 23/8... ranked is....stressful. But, it has much more of a competitive vibe, which is always nice for a change. But, prepare for disappointing teammates.

12. Jonathan

Tell me about disappointing teammates. I just played a game where the enemy team had three tanks (Singed, Shen and Nautilus) and our adc never built a blade of the ruined king. I mean...come on. How can you not build that vs three tanks? His excuse was that he was trying to build blue Ezreal (he seemed completely unaware that blade of the ruined king *is* a part of blue Ezreal). He also maintained that he was doing a good job of poking...completely ignoring the fact that their Soraka was nullifying all of his pokes.
    *sigh* I'm tired of winning lane and then losing game =/

13. BudderMC

I can't remember where I read it, but I thought I saw something stating that a standard proper ADC build (BT/IE/PD/etc.) ends up outdamaging a BotRK. BotRK was a good item early game against high health opponents, but otherwise gets outclassed? But that's a really fuzzy comparison since I remember next to nothing about it >_<

Also bolded is so much QFT.

Cannot support as Zyra. I'm just not capable of doing it for some reason. I can mid with her like a beast though.

And so many Elise nerfs. :'(

14. Jonathan

It's probably true, but doesn't really matter much in this case since he wasn't going proper ADC build. Oh, and support Zyra can be pretty awesome. I was going against one the other day as Twitch and she completely bullied me out of lane. First she would plant a seed in the middle of the creeps. Then when I was trying to farm, she would use the vine skill to try to snare me (she would maneuver herself so the vine would always go through the seed). But that wasn't the annoying part. I could avoid the vine. What was annoying was in the second it took me to move out of the way of the vine, she would use her Q skill on me and that pretty much always hit. It never mattered which direction I moved to avoid the vine, she would always hit me with that Q. Kinda makes me want to go unlock Zyra now lol.

15. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh, yay! An LoL thread! Well I only play normal games and bot games. It was a big transition from playing only bot games to giving normals a try. I was so afraid and nervous because I always doubt myself. I'm NEVER playing ranked. I would hate to disappoint people who potentially have a lot on the line like getting promoted and such.

Anyway, I like to play support. Healing, shielding, boosting, warding seems a lot easier than the other roles. And I just sit back and have the scary adc protect me in exchange >.<

My favorite is Lulu! I have most of her skins too. I like Sona as well<3

16. Jonathan

Holy crap. I just played a game as top Yorick against a Aatrox and it was insane. He was able to out-sustain me with just a Doran's Blade. I mean, honestly, it was so ridiculous. I hear people yelling all the time that Yorick needs to be nerfed because of his sustain, so the fact that Aatrox was able to out-sustain Yorick with just one item shows me how OP he really is.

17. George

I finally gave in to the temptations of this game. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

After a couple years of my friends bugging me I decided to give LoL a try. I'm only level 8 so I'm still a complete noob, but the game has actually been a lot more fun than I thought it would be. So far I've been mostly doing Support with Nami. I think it's a fun role and I enjoy helping set my teammates up and keeping them alive.

18. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I believe Yorick is getting a rework. I read about it somewhere.

19. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh gosh. Have you guys tried the new zyra build that's trending?
    The point of the items to buff zyra's plants!

Everyone fed early game, the we slowly overcame them in team fights and won!
    I started like 0/7 lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. BudderMC

That's actually really interesting. I usually build a Rylai's + Liandry's on her anyways. Why the Banner of Command?