Changing your "label".

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BudderMC, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BudderMC

I know that labels generally aren't a good thing, and I don't really support them, but if I'm "picking one" to keep things simple for who I come out to, then I have to do it I guess.

I can't refer to the Kinsey scale because there's a good chance nobody will know what the hell I'm talking about. I didn't even know what it was until I came here.

So, let's say I come out as gay. What if somewhere in the future I meet an amazing girl who I would love physically, mentally, emotionally, sexually, etc. and want to settle down, get married, have kids, etc. with? I can see not even necessarily drama, but lots and lots of explaining to do then afterwards.

I know at the end of the day it probably isn't a big deal, but I guess what I'm asking is... does anyone have any experience with this? It's cause I'm still at that point I just want it over and done with, but I'm trying to not rush so I don't make mistakes I'll regret later. Trying to think it out and all that. To not make things more complicated than they have to be.

I don't see it as a big deal, so I'm trying to make it as little of a big deal as possible for anyone I'd tell (while making a big deal out of planning it, ironically).

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you feel the need to label yourself and feel that you could settle down with a member of either gender, bisexual is your best bet.

3. theJosephDean

I agree with Steve - if you feel like you have to pick a label, your best bet will just be "bisexual." I go with the Kinsey thing, but if someone doesn't know what that is or if I know they don't know, I just tell them that I like whom I like and gender plays no role. I don't like picking labels either :]

4. Allistair

Allistair Guest

I might start going with that, i like to be mysterious so if anyone ever asks me if i'm gay i'll just i likes who i likes. I was just going to go with bisexual but that what you said just sounds better/mysterious. :lol:

5. AlyssWonderland

You could say what Mika says. "I've never ever labeled myself. But having said that; I've never limited my life, I've never limited who I sleep with. Bisexual, if you need a label for me."

6. ^What everybody else said. It sounds like you're definitely bi to me.

7. theJosephDean

Haha, sweet xDD