1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim

2. Zyanya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Tim

Tim

My god, Roar made me cringe.

That was just god awful horrible. I reckon that's in my top 5 worst Glee covers. Which is sad, cause I was looking forward to it. The first time I haven't liked Jenna's voice. Even Demi Lovato sounded horrible in it.

Don't like Adam Lambert/Gaga, so Marry the Night was bad for me, though I know everyone else loves it. xD And Applause was just bad. I usually give Glee covers of Gaga a chance, but that was just bad. And most of the fandom seem to agree.

4. Foxface

Can I take you all back in time and ask a question about a season 4 episode?

What did you all think of the school lockdown/shooting?

There was a range of reactions to it (and I just saw it this morning as I am finally getting close to catching up)

Some people from Sandy Hook apparently wanted it banned because it was released so close to that tragedy

Some people thought it was a sad attempt to get ratings

While others thought it was a good visceral and real episode

Just wondered what you all thought

Foxface

5. Lucky Oshawott

I thought it was great. Glee always tries to address real world issues. This really worked. It showed what it can really be like in those situations. Sure, they used it as a gateway to a longer storyline, (Don't worry; no spoilers here) but I thought it was effective, respectful and overall well done by the actors.

6. Rainbow Girl

Personally I thought it was a little tasteless so close to Sandy Hook and their way of going about was a little off. Also I was offended that they had Becky bring the gun because "she didn't know any better". I thought was out of character for Becky poor representation of people with Down Syndrome.

7. Markio

I liked that the shooting allowed us to see new sides to some of the characters. Brittany's acting was phenomenal, and the storyline between Ryder and "Katie" was decent. I even liked the conversation between Tina and Blaine.

The Sam situation where he wanted to run into the hallway to save Brittany seemed extremely stupid and poorly thought out and melodramatic.

With regards to the final season of the show, if they shift focus solely to New York, then I think they would have to write the current season very carefully so that the newer characters aren't just forgotten (Ryder, Kitty, Unique, Marley). Artie supposedly got into NYU's film school, right? So he could still be on the show, and I would really hope that Tina gets to blossom outside of her high school identity as the Asian fashionista who doesn't get any solos. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Foxface

good news! Foxface has finally caught up to season 5 and the newest ep :slight_smile:

ok so I will answer my own question. I enjoyed the shooting episode except for two things

1. That they had Beck as the accidental shooter. I mean Becky has a lot against her but it's just so far out of her character I think...though I suppose the suddenly mounting rejection helped the story be more believable

2. I agree with the Sam thing. But I wonder if it's because he only had her in his life...but sitll like it was said, it was overdramatic

Brittany still continues to be my favorite character and I was heartbroken watching her in the bathroom...my poor Brit

Foxface

9. Tim

Tim

Ugh. If they got rid of Rachel, New York would be watchable for me. I don't like Kurt when he's with Blaine, but when he's with Santana, Dani, and Starchild, I actually like him. Rachel... I don't think anything could make me like her. She's such a Mary Sue who gets EVERYTHING.

I think they got the feedback that people were pissed at what they were doing with Tina, haha. She was kind of awesome in this episode, no bitchiness and ended up taking a leadership role. Not to mention her vocals were fucking incredible in Wide Awake.

Applause was just bad. Ugh. And weird. Plus, I'm pretty sure that could have caused seizures.

Roar wasn't bad, but for me, Demi Lovato's solo parts ruined it. I love her voice, but it just didn't fit the rest of the voices in the song.

This is the first time I've liked the New York part since the last time Sarah Jessica Parker was on.

Unique in this episode was amazing xD Aside from Tina, she's definitely my favorite character. PLOT TWIST! LIMA DOESN'T HAVE A ZOO!

Also, ...am I allowed to be scared?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BadCanadaJoke

Your account should get banned for that comment alone! Do you even like Glee?!?! And if yes, what DO you like about it?!
    Rachel is the best one in there, the show's not the same now that she has less scenes!!

11. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only really care about the stuff going on in NY anymore since I think every single plot back in Lima seems to go against established character traits or is just plain stupid.

The entire Nurse Penny thing is gagworthy. I think episode 4 was the first time Marley has more than one sentence in an episode this season, haha.

I did really like Adam in the episode but it always makes me kind of confused seeing establushed musicians playing parts alongside Glee characters.

12. Tim

Tim

Unique's storyline this week was so freaking sad. ;_; And Tina's lines about the porta potty were fucking hilarious.

I couldn't care less about the Rachel/Kurt storyline though.

I liked the looks Ryder kept giving Unique throughout the episode and how he stood up for her. Maybe they're going to re-explore them?

Blurred Lines. Just no. Wrecking Ball? Double No. It's a nice song, but doesn't fit Marley's voice, and the re-creation wasn't necessary.

Loved If I Were a Boy (It fit that scene amazingly), and On Our Way though.

Also, OMG OMG OMG &#(#$(#$ #@$(@#&$(#*$( @#$&@(#$*.

So, on the episode after Glee returns from it's winter break (which will be 3-4 months long apparently. >_>), There's TWO Tina/Artie duets (for the first time) AS WELL as an Artie/Tina/Blaine trio... of Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson.

There's also two Rachel/Santana duets, a Santana solo, and a Kurt/Starchild duet. Lots of songs in that episode. xD

So Tina and Artie both get 3 major songs in one episode, and one of them is one of my favorite songs. (Breakaway).

@#$*@#$(* I can't even. One of the Artie/Tina songs will also be the 600th musical number.

13. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like Marley, but that rendition of Wrecking Ball was awful(not like the original is any good) and the story line of "twerking" made me nauseated. The Blurred Lines performance wasn't "bad" per se, but like every blurred lines performance, it was inappropriate.

The redeeming part of this episode was the Unique story line, it felt like the old Glee and I really liked If I Were A Boy. The New York part wasn't bad either, I found Kurt getting his tongue pierced hilarious.

14. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, why has anyone said anything about the Billy Joel episode? I loved it and what was even more surprising, did anyone notice Sam and Rachel? Wut....

15. Tim

Tim

So, apparently, a song featuring Becky singing was supposed to be in tonight's episode, but it was cut. People have been hearing Lauren Potter (who plays Becky), just couldn't get it right. It was supposed to be (Don't You) Forget About Me, and sung with Blaine and Jake.

FOX announced today that they're doing a fan vote for the 100th episode. Out of a list of 30 songs, the top 10 will be remixed and re-performed on Glee on the 100th episode. The list of eligible songs:

(16 Season 1, 12 Season 2, 1 Season 3, 1 Season 4 [If you count Rachel's cover of Don't Stop Believing], and 1 Season 5 song are listed)

Handy Dandy Alphabetical List that's going around:

Bad Romance (New Directions - Season 1)
    Born This Way (New Directions - Season 2)
    Bust Your Windows (Mercedes - Season 1)
    Defying Gravity (Rachel & Kurt - Season 1)
    Dog Days are Over (Mercedes & Tina - Season 2)
    Don't Stop Believing (Group - Season 1, Rachel - Season 4)
    Dream On (Will & Bryan Ryan - Season 1)
    Forget You (Holly Holiday - Season 2)
    Get It Right (Rachel - Season 2)
    Gives You Hell (Rachel - Season 1)
    Hey, Soul Sister (Blaine & The Warblers - Season 2)
    Imagine (Haverbrook School for the Deaf & New Directions - Season 1)
    Keep Holding On (Finn & Rachel - Season 1)
    Landslide (Santana, Holly Holiday, & Brittany - Season 2)
    Lean on Me (Mercedes, Artie, & Tina - Season 1)
    Like a Prayer (New Directions - Season 1)
    Loser Like Me (New Directions - Season 2)
    My Life Would Suck Without You (Finn & Rachel [With Tina on Album Release] - Season 1)
    Raise Your Glass (Blaine & The Warblers - Season 2)
    Roar (New Directions & New York Cast - Season 5)
    Safety Dance (Artie - Season 1)
    Somebody to Love [Queen] (New Directions - Season 1)
    Somewhere Only We Know (Blaine & The Warblers - Season 2)
    Sweet Caroline (Puck - Season 1)
    Take a Bow (Rachel, Mercedes, & Tina - Season 1)
    Telephone (Rachel & Sunshine Corazon - Season 2)
    Total Eclipse of the Heart (Rachel, Finn, Puck, & Jesse - Season 1)
    Toxic (Will & New Directions - Season 2)
    Valerie (Santana - Season 2)
    We Are Young (New Directions - Season 3)

You can vote at: http://www.fox.com/glee/gleekschoice/

My votes were for Born This Way, Defying Gravity, Don't Stop Believin', Keep Holding On, Loser Like Me, My Life Would Suck Without You, Raise Your Glass, Roar, Toxic, and We Are Young, Lol.

You can vote an unlimited amount of times.

#4275 Tim, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  16. sugarcubeigloo

I don't know... I think there are better choice. But anyway, I voted for:

Bust Your Windows
    Defying Gravity
    Hey, Soul Sister
    Imagine
    Landslide
    Raise Your Glass
    Take a Bow
    Telephone
    Valerie
    We Are Young

17. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ugh the twerking episode was disgusting
    I'm not really sure how i feel about dantana right now because..
    WE LITERALLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DANI AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP

18. Bear101

I watched the puppet episode tonight. Why the hell do I do this to myself? This show stopped being really good a few years ago. Now, it's just like they're trying to find the most absurd, off-the-wall thing to do anymore. I keep hoping and praying it will get better again. It doesn't.

19. Foxface

Moving Out was good, but mostly because I love Billy Joel

I wish it could go back to season 2/3...but how can it

I don't know how I feel about this hint towards Sam/Rachel

Foxface

20. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I actually liked the puppet episode, it was weird, but funny.