1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. LinkLarkin

*Sob* Yeah they definitely shouldn't recast him. It's not the sort of show where they could make that work.

I feel like they should devote an episode to him or something and give him a nice exit storyline (rather than killing him off offscreen), but at the same time he was in the middle of so many storylines that I don't see how they can leave behind his character without it having serious repercussions on the entire season. Whether he dies or just leaves, how long is it going to take Rachel to get over it?!

---------- Post added 14th Jul 2013 at 08:53 PM ----------

Lea Michele's Rep Releases Brief Statement About Her After Boyfriend Cory Monteith's Death | PerezHilton.com

(I got a link to this, I don't actively scroll through Perez Hilton's blog.)

2. Lucky Oshawott

I can see Rachel getting the part in Funny Girl and after Finn leaves, probably through death, she spirals into a breakdown and doesn't rehearse or leave her bed. They'd probably make a story out of that by telling her not to throw away the opportunity of a lifetime.

I'd like the memorial to be an episode where they all sing songs that Finn sang during his run on the show. Either way, we won't know until Season 5 but my heart still goes out to Cory's family and friends, including the entire Glee cast. RIP.

3. Tim

Tim

4. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's so awful. I just finished season 3 Friday, the day before he died. I'm in love with this show! Ironically, Finn was the character I always wished they would take off the air, he annoyed me greatly. Now he's gone, like I wanted :/ obviously not how I wanted it to go down. I honestly think they should try and continue with the show but if Lea doesn't finish out with Glee I doubt I could finish it period. I could see myself skipping through Netflix to watch the Kurt story lines, but that's it.

Awww poor Lea she was so happy with him D:

5. Tim

Tim

Production has been pushed back two weeks to allow the writers and producers time to discuss what to do without Cory's character, and rewriting the scripts, storylines, etc.

Jayma Mays (Emma) and Matthew Morrison (Will) have both said that they decided it will be their last season on Glee. (Said this prior to Cory's death, I just didn't see it til now)

6. LinkLarkin

Oh no, I love Jayma Mays! :frowning2: I was already disappointed she was in it less, now I'm just sad...

7. tryhtwfr

Honestly, I think it is best that this is the last season for the whole series because the storylines are becoming less interesting and it just drags on. Also with the whole new Glee club memebers, it is kind of mimicing the old storylines for when Rachel and the others were in Glee club. I think if this season is he last to the series, it may be beautiful as Blaine and Kurt will get married and everyone all around the world will see it which kinda supports LGBT

8. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Although I absolutely love Kurt to death, he's why I love the show so much, marrying him and Blaine off just seems a bit unrealistic to me based on what's happened between them in season 4 (I read about it). And I think they should finish out all the way to season 6 cause who knows what they have up their sleeve. It could be something great.

Although I haven't seen season 4 so maybe I would agree with you more if I did see it.

9. tryhtwfr

SPOILER ALERT:

Watch it! I don't know what you've read but it's so obvious that Kurt still loves him. I mean they had sex in the car on the morning of Will's wedding and they act like a married couple. On new years eve, Kurt's dad brought him a present and it was blaine. And what really killed me was the phone conversation Kurt and Blaine had, it was so emotional - I cried! I didn't like Kurt at first cause I thought he was way over the top camp but he grew on me but I don't know something about watching blaine makes me so jealous and I hate the fact he is straight, I think he is bi-curious.

10. Tim

Tim

Glee was renewed for Season 5 and Season 6.

It's not the last season for Glee.

They may do a time-jump and start fresh with a new cast in season 6 though, I could see that happening. Seeing as I doubt Lea will want to stay on Glee more than season 5, as it will just remind her of Cory. Wouldn't even surprise me if she disappeared halfway through the season.

Anyway, they announced season 5 will still premiere in September, but a week later than the original date.

11. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well the thing with Kurt being camp bothered me at first but it grew on me too because as the show went on I could actually relate to him and he wasn't all just stereotypes.

And I know what you mean about Blaine/Darren Criss! It makes the chemistry between them on screen feel more like great acting than an actual connection :frowning2: And really I'm not the biggest fan of Blaine from the 2 seasons I've seen him on the show, he just seems to perfect and never really has a character arc. Really you don't know anything about him or his past.

Lol I still wish it had been Kurt/Karofsky.. D:

12. LinkLarkin

13. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love glee with all my heart, but seeing so many people leave already (Matt, Jayma, the graduates, and Cory), I can see all this spiraling into a show where a few years from now atleast 80% of the cast will be replaced until eventually none of the originals are left, like some soap operas. I'd rather have it have a great conclusion to all the characters than have it dragged on.

14. Tim

Tim

I don't see anywhere in there anything that even implies he's considering not having a 6th season. :confused:

That's a LOT of production, writers, actors, actresses, to simply fire just because one cast member died.

I doubt Cory would want all of his friends to lose their jobs over him. FOX already ordered a 6th season. No person in their right mind would not take a season order.

15. LinkLarkin

Ryan Murphy's original vision was to have a regular turnaround of characters to make it more realistic to the high school experience, the only reason they randomly kept everybody on in season 4 was due to the insistence of fans. I think it could be interesting enough for them to keep it going with different characters... although Cory's death has certainly put a bit of a black cloud over the show one way or another.

They don't say it outright, it's just that it was obviously such a difficult decision to carry on with the show at all, and they were very obviously considering cancelling it straight away, that I feel as though they may want this season to be the last. I can't see the future and I am aware that it's been picked up for a sixth season already, this is just the feeling I get.

16. Tim

Tim

Except it wasn't.

Ryan Murphy even said he applauds Lea because he knows even though she's going through a lot, she won't let the people who depend on Glee to pay their mortgages, get food, etc. down.

They are going to go through with a 6th season.

And honestly, it's pretty obvious the reason they kept the people who graduated was because Ryan wanted a Rachel/Finn/Kurt New York spin-off show, but FOX turned them down.

17. LinkLarkin

All right calm down! I was only putting my opinion across...

Lea had a multitude of different reasons for wanting the show to go ahead, that doesn't change the fact that Ryan Murphy clearly said in that article that there was talk of cancellation before he decided to let Lea choose.

And yes I'm not arguing about WHY they kept the original characters in the show, I'm just pointing out that that was not his original intention, as he stated many times in interviews before the fans overruled him and forced him to let everybody stay on.

18. Tim

Tim

He said he would cancel the show if Lea asked him to.

And if he had, he would never be hired by another network again. Ever.

And I've never heard him say he kept the characters because of fans.

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lea truly is one of the bravest 26-year-olds I've ever read about. (I know there may be braver but still she's definitely a strong one). <3

20. Ritor365

Wow, Lea is quite the trooper :frowning2: I'm very impressed at how she is handling this, though it must be beating on her like a drum. I'm so sad that Cory is also gone, I loved both him and his character :frowning2: