1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim

Ryder's reaction to finding out Unique was the catfish... ugh.

Never get a conclusion to the Rachel or Blaine story. Not so much ugh as I hate the characters, but still -.-;

Brittany being written out of the show... saw that coming.

I actually agree with ND winning the competition for once. xD Clarity and Wings were pretty subpar, and I Love It was just awesome.

2. Sayu

Seriously? I was waiting like a freak for this "surprise wedding" and it's Wemma? What the hell... I didn't actually think Klaine would get married, but I expected at least something to happen. Now I have to wait like four months -_- Well played, Ryan Murphy, well played -_-

Oh, and that thing about Brittany being some freakin' genius... that's just really weird. Unless she's autistic.

3. Tim

Tim

After Will snuck in "I reproposed to Emma and she accepted" last episode, why on Earth were you expecting Klaine?

I honestly hope they never reunite them, to be blunt. I like them better as friends than a couple.

4. santaberry

booooooooooooo

season finale did not make me happy at all (just finished it this minute)

5. Tim

Tim

If this season finale sucks, just wait til next season.

This season, they took a chance on being renewed and still did all those cliffhangers.

Next season, they already have a renewal for season 6, so expect even more cliffhangers on season 5's finale.

6. animequeen567

Ryder's reaction to Unique was awful! It made me so mad! I suspected that Unique was the catfish. I just wish Ryder wasn't such a jerk. I'm so done with him.

7. Markio

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I looked up who the catfish was because I wanted to find out. I'm desperately hoping that Ryder eventually realizes he loves the person he got to know, and considers actually dating Unique. I know it's far-fetched (especially considering how people are describing his reaction), but I really want the transgender character to have a shot at a legit romantic relationship on the show. If not with Ryder, then with someone, soon...

8. crowleaf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, I was even expecting it to be someone other than Unique because it was the most likely.

I loved Jessica! I seriously think that Frida and the hoosierdaddies should have won it. Lol

9. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess I'm the only one who thought Ryder's reaction was normal? I'm getting the vibe from some people that he rejected Unique just because she's transgender? I mean she also strung him along and this whole catfishing thing was seriously messing with his head. Yeah I get she was sorry, didn't mean for things to get so out of control, and Ryder could of handled it better, but I still think his reaction was reasonable.

Now, don't get me wrong, I hope things work out between and eventually become friends or even more. Rynique anyone?

Also, it's obvious that Brittany is one of the 36.:rolle:

10. Markio

After watching the episode, I agree that Ryder's reaction was pretty ...reasonable? I mean, he didn't punch Unique, and then said he wasn't going to speak to her again. Most media representations of transgender people coming out to their crushes typically results in some kind of violent reaction, and I'm just relieved that Ryder broke the mold by not hitting Unique or anything.

Ryder said he's not returning to New Directions after Regionals, but we'll see. After all, they won. And that accidental hug between him and Unique left me hopeful that they do continue on to ...speak to each other. :wink: Team Rynique indeed!

11. Sayu

Because Blaine bought that ring and asked Burt about proposing to Kurt :icon_wink I want them to be back together, I wouldn't mind Kadam as well, but I love Klaine, so I prefer them :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 14th May 2013 at 10:05 PM ----------

I also thought his reaction was reasonable. Poor Unique, but still...

What did you mean by 36?

#4151 Sayu, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  12. Tim

Tim

So, we have a few confirmed people returning for season 5 so far, as well as a press release about how season 5 will work:

Returning: (Name/Character (Who Confirmed))

Lea/Rachel (Herself)
    Cory/Finn (FOX)
    Naya/Santana (FOX)
    Jane/Sue (FOX)
    Mike/Burt (Himself)

FOX has also said they intend for Heather (Brittany) to return in the second half of the season. Though, that's probably up to her, no contracts have been signed by her yet, obviously.

ASSUMED returning from FOX press releases are Blake/Ryder, Alex/Unique, and Lauren/Becky, as they said the Catfish storyline will continue into season 5, as will Becky's gun storyline.

Jenna Ushkowitz has been talking about Tina, and what college she'll go to, if she goes to one. (A lot of Tina fans are worried about the vet school line they gave her in one of the last episodes). It's not confirmation, but it strongly hints Tina will be back.

Fun fact: Tina sang LESS this season than season 3. 3 Songs to be Exact. That's saying something, seeing as there was less competition for her this time. She had more solos, but less singing overall. Jenna also commented that she feels frustrated that she's looked over by the writers.

A lot of Glee sites are reporting Samuel Larsen (Joe) will not return, nor will Vanessa Lengies (Sugar). No reason is given for Samuel, though Vanessa won't return as she now stars in another show.

FOX's release (just going from Perez Hilton, as much as I hate that site, as I don't feel like tracking down the main source xD) is that it won't be two "static seasons" and "New York was a really great addition to the show this year. So, there are going to be graduations and we’re going to be taking New York to the next step, in that adventure, and then there will be some really interesting mini-arcs, like we’ve done with our guest actors.""

Sounds to me like we'll get McKinley with New York mini-arcs like we did in season 4 for part of season 5, then after graduation, we'll move to New York with other character mini-arcs for the rest.

And on a side-Glee-related note, FOX and Oxygen have begun talks for a third season of the Glee Project.

Also, they INTEND for Glee to return late AUGUST, not September this time, but instead of the small breaks, they intend to return to season 1 standards, and have a large break in between part 1 and 2, rather than small breaks throughout the season like season 4 had.

#4152 Tim, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  13. Markio

Poor Samuel. He actually won TGP, but he's gotten far less attention than runner-up Alex. I do enjoy the Unique angles, but still, you'd think the writers could have found a way to incorporate all the characters in a creative way that didn't take up too much airtime. Heck, they could have hinted that Joe and Tina started seeing each other, to explore in a later episode when there was more time.

Speaking of Tina, she better return next season! I can't help liking her the most out of the whole Glee Club.

TGP3? I want to make it on that season.

14. kb123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    LOVE LOVE LOVE GLEE!!! Okay now that's out of my system. lol

So I read online that Glee has signed on for 2 more seasons with FOX. BUT the question circulating online is, does that mean Glee only has 2 more seasons left before they're done, or not? (I really hope not)

Also, I hate all the long breaks in between seasons. I look forward to watching a new Glee episode each week so when they're are on a break, it feels like there's something missing in my life every Thursday night.

As far as the season finale, I was so looking forward to Klain getting back together! The previews were so misleading. But hey, that's how they keep people watching I guess.

SO HAPPY to finally get to talk to other Gleeks! :slight_smile: Nobody I currently know is interested in Glee sadly.

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  16. Tim

Tim

If any other Lily fans are interested, she appeared in this week's episode of Melissa and Joey.

Didn't sing, obviously, but she's still awesome. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Tim

Tim

'Glee' scoop: Which cast members won't be back next season? | Inside TV | EW.com

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's sad to hear :frowning2:

19. Foxface

I am being super careful not to see spoilers. I literally just started watching a week ago and well into season 1. I love this show. I can't wait to find out what you guys already know :slight_smile:

Foxface

20. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It gets worse, unfortunately.
    The first half of Season 1 is some of the best television I've watched but the later seasons...
    Ugh, they show such promise in the beginning then get muddied up with dumb plotlines that are soon forgotten by all the characters on the show.