1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westboro Baptist Church...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Absentminded, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Absentminded

I'm really really, amazingly happy right now!! WBC was protesting right down the block from where my mum works this morning. When she was walking into her office, she told a bunch of the protesters to basically go fuck themselves! And when they told her that she was going to Hell, along with the 35 or so homosexuals around, she simply told them "Well, in Hell, they better have heavy metal." Then she went on to explain to them "The Church is a building - A group are just people, and God doesn't condone homosexuality, nor does he condemn it, just as it is with Heterosexuality. Grow up". Then, she got into a huge group hug with a whole bunch of gay people.
    I'm just so glad that my mum has come so far in supporting LGBT folk. I remember when I first came out, she pretty much was like "uh..ok...my daughter is a faggot....greeeaaaat." Now she's doing this stuff. (!)(!)(!)(!)(!) :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. kettleoffish

:grin: (!) for you.

the WBC are a big bunch of diddybaws.

3. EM68

That is great of your mom. Give her a big hug for me. (*hug*) The WBC are a bunch of a--holes!

4. Greggers

The only thing that could make that story better is if your mother grabbed the nearest hot chick and made out with her in front of them. (Ive always wanted to do that :frowning2: just with a boy lol)

5. Absentminded

Greg, I wanted to skip school today to protest against those assholes. I would have done that...then I would have had to explain to my fiancee, but, I'm sure she'd understand, considering the circumstances.

6. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    your mom sound's awesome

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

While I applaud your mother for doing this, insulting them makes their hatred even more extreme. The best way to annoy them is to simply ignore them.

8. xequar

Pfft, the Phelps clan is so batshit insane anyway that you could say anything to them and it wouldn't make them any more extreme. As long as you don't touch them, you're fine. Most of the clan are lawyers, actually, which is how they make their money to go around protesting. They agitate people to the point where someone will lay a hand on one of the Phelpses, and then BAMO! Lawsuit.

9. Absentminded

I also found out just now...they pissed off a lot of veterans also. They lay an American flag on the ground...and STEPPED on it. Aren't they the same people that said "God called for 9/11" and..."God wants war?" So...why are they protesting against the people that were willing to be IN the war...so that the Phelps could actually HAVE their right to Freedom of Speech?

And...isn't against the constitution for them to be protesting some of these things? They're trying to trample on people's right to the pursuit of happiness...

WTF?!?! These people really really baffle me...

10. Just Adam

i would of attacked them... like the tazmanian devil up all night drinking coffe tehn took a swim in a bath of sugar....

wither that or stand next to them and start cherring what they say changing the words till they get annoyed and leave...

i dont mind beieng condemned to hell harps and fluffy things 24/7 would piss me off anyway...

11. Eleanor Rigby

Your mum is an awesome lady ! :eusa_clap

12. Just Adam

i so forgot to say your mum rocks thanks for reminding me El

13. fallendream

i agree with adam, plus heaven looks cold and hell looks hot.
    also; you have an amazing mum!

14. Alex19

your mom is awesome!

and fuck the wbc. they are all a bunch of cultists anyways. their existance means less than nothing

15. xequar

Absolutely not. In fact, the Constitution (1st Amendment) specifically guarantees the right to Assemble (protest), and the Supreme Court of the United States has found flag-burning to be a right.

Personally, I love the WBC. They're so batshit-insane and so far out there, they wind up being better allies for us than enemies. They galvanize the communities in which they protest, and they show people what unabashed hate looks like. And, truth be told, I much more appreciate the WBC's views on gay people than the views of 98 percent of the rest of Christians, who pretend to love us and support us, then stab us in the back the first chance they get. Love the sinner hate the sin MY ASS!