1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can u be born straight... then turn gay??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jazzyspazzy, Mar 28, 2009.

1. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, this is weird. From the age of five, i've always fancied guys. Never even considered girls as people to fancy. Then i started having crushes on girls at 12/13 - one or two at first, so i was like "ok, i must be bi." But now i'm looking at every girl to see if she's got nice hair or a nice bum. Guys just don't seem to be so hot anymore. The number of hot guys to hot girls is 1:30! I seem to be getting gayer day by day... has anybody else had this or am i just weird?

2. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    i dont think its wierd some people know there sexuality right from the off others discover it as they grow older. I look at girls more than guys now but still have cruses on boys so i get confused aswell

3. Brandford

i was the same way, i didnt become interested in guys until 8-9th grade before that, I loved girls, i had tons of girl crushes and id flirt with girls whenever i saw one i liked, but now i barely like any, I only had one boy crush when i was little and i didnt realize it was a crush until i started liking other guys

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I unfortunately never found any women attractive growing up and always liked to be around the guys. One day, I thought in my room, "Wow! I wonder what Daniel looks like naked?" I started getting thoughts like that. I knew I was supposed to be attracted to women, but I didnt connect the dots until someone basically told me what a homo really is and meant. XD

I can't imagine growing up and suddenly flipping the switch like a light or something. I don't understand how that works.

5. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't consider that 'turning gay'.
    I see it more as conforming to social ideals at a young age, and then when you hit puberty, you started to realize that wasn't who you really are.

Perfectly natural, not weird at all.

6. starfish

I would say likely not. I have 2 lines of thought on your post.

My thinking is that hormonal changes that occur when going through puberty are what is causing you to start noticing your preferred sex.

The second is that you have started to accepted your orientation. As such you are leaving your brain out of it and acting instinctually. We are all taught from a young age that boys go with girls. So wether we realize it or not we start following our social programming. Before I accepted my orientation, I used to notice and ogle woman. However it was a very proactive thing. Though now I don't really respond to women and will respond to men with out even thinking about it. It just happens. As you said I have noticed that I am getting gayer.

Honestly there is a schism between what society tells us and our bodies tell us. So really it is not surprising for weird things to happen.

7. djt820

This reminds me of what was going on in the transgendered thread. I dont think we're born any specific orientation. I hit puberty and I liked girls and I was extremely homophobic then that changed, I started liking guys little by little and now Im almost 100% gay.

8. Dazed

Dazed Guest

ive always liked girls.
    since i was 4...but thats as early as i can remember anyway.
    i was born gay. i tried dating guys in high school it failed. i wasnt into them at all.

9. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    +1

10. Mickey

I agree with this. It usually hits in puberty. That is when people become sexually aware.

11. Just Adam

this isnt weird ive always thought of guys a little differently but up until 17 i really thought i was straight and after that i tried to convince myself but now i know im a gay guy i find about 1 in 50 women remotelly attractive if that but it would always be the person i love not the sex :slight_smile:

12. Derek the Wolf

Sexuality does change dynamically for a lot of people. This doesn't mean that you've turned gay, but rather over time as you became more comfortable with your orientation then you've embraced it more. Even if you were completely comfortable with it when you discovered you were bi, you're more open to the possibility of same-sex attractions and it seems like you've become "more gay."
    In the last 9 months I've gone from a Kinsey 2 to about 4.5, probably because I'm in an all-male environment. Bottom line, you don't become gay, but you may become gayer. :thumbsup:

13. jazzrawr

Exactly what I was thinking. Same thing happened to me, I liked guys because that's what everyone else did, until I got around 11-12 and started hitting puberty.
    Then I started liking girls, and noticed guys less and less, and now I don't notice guys at all.
    So it's probably as your hormones sort themselves out, you start realizing who you are.

14. joss22

I agree with what everyone said, I mean, you may not realize it for a while, or you may just get an idea, which grows on you. That being said, it doesn't mean you can necessarily go back which a lot of homophobes seem to hope for. I think that is a part of you that is dynamic, but not under your own control.

15. Greggers

Well, i was never actually attracted to girls for as long as i can remember x_o but i agree puberty is a big change for alot of people and i would not say anyones orientation is set in stone until the person hits puberty

16. xXHolic

i was born a bisexual and im gonna die a bisexual :slight_smile:
    though i seek different things from guys and girls..

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was the same sort of thing for me, I had kiddie crushes on guys up until about age 11 or 12. I think my sexuality's shifted a bit over time - sexuality's fluid, not rigid - but I don't believe I was ever straight. I knew I could be happy with a woman someday.

18. I am/was (somewhat) the same way. I never had a gay thought in my life until I was 12 or 13. I had crushes on girls before that. But during middle school I started noticing guys, and then I gradually became less and less attracted to girls until it was clear that girls are not my thing.

19. Emberstone

I knew I was different, but growing up, I never thought about it. when I hit puberty, I went through the hormonal build up everyone goes through, and discovered that I had no interest at all in girls. I denied for a bit *not in a I hate myself, but I didnt acknowledge it to myself privately* that I was attracted to guys, but the more I grew as a person, the more I accepted it, until when between collage, at the edge of 24(nearly 25), I came out to my parents.

I personally believe sexuality is something difined at birth, and that you grow into it. What needs to change with socieity are the people who try to force you, or make you feel bad, by forcing you into what they think is right (while often not living it themselves... larry craig... ted haggard... etc.)

20. MusicIsLife

Well, before puberty hit I never really noticed guys, and i only hung around with girls. Typical kid that i was, i viewed boys as the enemy xD But after puberty, I did date a guy even though i felt no attraction for him. I did it mostly out of a 'thats what girls do, they date boys" kind of mindset.