1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wall

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Mar 22, 2009.

1. -Michael-

It's difficult.

I do talk to new members a lot through walls.

A personal welcome and recently a bit of help.

I'm not sure how you can go about it.

Giving the wall to full members only is useless...
    may aswell just remove it as we can use PMs

2. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was thinking about this.

My (newest) idea:
    1. Leave the first notice.
    2. First time offenders get the notice, in all caps, bright red, bold, and blinking for 2 weeks and if they haven't offended again, it goes back to normal. (and of course their post is deleted).
    3. Second time offenders get the one month ban, and when they come back, the obnoxious thing is there for 2 weeks.
    4. Third time offenders are gone for good.

3. No One

Have you guys considered getting more moderators?

4. leonardo1145

leonardo1145 Guest

NOO! don't remove it.

5. Lychee

How about changing the colour of the notice every now and then, coz I totally haven't looked at that for so long. But if it was a different colour every day, I'd probs take more notice... I reckon people are just ignoring the massive red writing sometimes because they don't actually see it - they've blocked it out haha

6. Tim

Tim

I was thinking more of a mod that was meant specifically for the wall. But *Shrug*

7. limfjord96

Having just been a recipient of a one week ban, i can say i genuinly feel really bad for breaking the rules, and i wish i hadnt done it. you, well, I quickly realized how much i valued the support and advice of this website and it was taken away, however so brief but it was long enough to make me feel like an asshole, so i am very very very very sorry for have put the integrity of the wall up to question, and i will never do it agian, i know an apology doesnt fix it, but i hope it atleast lets you know that a ban can be effective, i just guess it depends on the person. So having been an offender, i dont feel like i can legitimatley offer an opinion, but i will, i like gregs idea for earning the wall priviledge, but like i said, kind of hard to give input being one of the @$$ holes that broke the rules. Hope i can earn your forgiveness.:bang: