1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

offended by an emotion/mood

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Zac4, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdc91

Good lord, who cares. PC over the top. That's pretty sad if someone takes offense to an "emo" mood choice, IMO. Toughen up.

2. Brandford

I am really not in this conversation nor do i wish to join it but I really had a problem with the "toughen up", it annoys the hell out of me when people say "man up" or "toughen up" because its so harsh, sorry, guess I'm having a bitchy day but show a little compassion. We are after all gay and gay people are supposed to be compassionate, understanding and caring people, of course that doesn't apply to everyone but most of us. Plus the phrase remind me of those tough heartless dads who say "toughen up" to their son who is crying because they fell of their but and scraped their knee.

But in regard of the thread, I think we should just go with the vote suggestion.

3. tazz

tazz Guest

It's so funny, I said the exact same thing and they deleted my post...I guess it's only offensive when I say it.

And people, it's a mood, I don't get it...are you people just offended at everything? How do you go by in your day-to-day lives if you're offended by the most minuscule of things?

4. Zac4

thx man

5. Greggers

Taz, its more the "If you dont have something good to say, dont say it at all" rule. If HE is offended by the mood, you cant tell him not to be. Its a very touchy subject for alot of Emo people, obviously. They dont like it being used in a negitive way that changes the real meaning. (Just like people using gay to mean stupid) I can totally see why it would be offensive. It should get just as much respect as anyone else's problems on the site.

6. Zac4

tazz u deserve 2 be deleted for corrupting the other hot guy thread with those...those... i cant even say it but i know im gonna need therapy now. lol :icon_bigg

k ppl im gonna give it 1 more shot here then i give up cuz u obviously arent gettin it.
    to u, ya u think emo is a mood. but to emos. its not. is a culture.
    all the emo bashing and shit we get for it makes it offensive when ppl like u treat it like its a temp mood or something.

if some1 outside of ec or who u r out to calls u gay, its meant as insult. some1 in ec calls u gay, no big deal rite.
    jus like i hear black guys call eachotehr N's all the time. i'd never say it cuz i'd get my white ass beat. is offensive to them.

my friends we call each other emo or whatever, no big deal. we're all the same. u saying u feel emo, meaning u feel dark depressed, thats offensive. cuz u arent a part of the emo culture. irony is, at least me and my friends, we're the most accepting of any of the cliques. well my old school ne way. ne 1 wanted to hang out it was cool. we didnt judge what music ppl listen to, what they wear. didnt matter.
    so to have u use us as a description for feeling like shit... cant u see y it bothers me?

side bonus u should know its not such a big deal for 2 emo guys to kiss in public either. :icon_bigg doesnt mean they r gay. most i think use it cuz it turns the girls on. i sure as hell didnt mind lol just had to hide the hard on that followed..
    same with girls kissing. i guss str8 guys think is hot?

it dont matter. u want ur emo emoticon then fine whatever. but u should know that u arent ne better then ppl that have been giving u shit 4 being gay or bi cuz u arent trying to even see it from ne one elses pov. n everytime i see it i think u r a poser wannabe
    :eusa_naug

7. Zac4

damn greggers i just saw ur post while i was typin.

thx. glad some1 gets it

8. Greggers

i get what your saying for sure, but honestly you need to realize that people are not trying to offend Gays every time they say Gay and people are not trying to offend Emos every time they say Emo.

Just because im not an Emo does not mean i cant use the word in a positive way. Its not a privilege you get as an Emo person to use the word. Its not black and white is basically what im saying. "Emo says emo = good, Non-Emo says emo = bad"

All the same goes for the word Gay ^

9. tazz

tazz Guest

hahahah i apologize <3

but imagine how THEY feel!

10. sdc91

I understand your reasoning, and I didn't mean to come across as hostile. Sorry. You have the right to that opinion!

I'm just saying that the world isn't always going to go your way, and you shouldn't take everything personally. There are a lot of moods up there that aren't moods, as other people have pointed out.

As for "toughen up"... what else do you say. Don't cry over spilled milk. I'm not saying anything bad about being emo... it's the fact that there's complaints over something so TRIVIAL.

#70 sdc91, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  11. Greggers

Well, it must not be that trivial cause your posting on the thread :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If it was so trivial, id think you would just pass it over as not being worth responding to?

12. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "You're gay."
    "YEAH I'M FUCKING GAY, GET OVER IT."

"You're emo."
    "Yeah, mhm, what's your point?"

The End.
    [Given, sometimes it's not that easy but, I will use a Harvey Milk quote here -- "I finally reached the point where I knew I had to become involved or shut up."]

13. Zac4

lorn u r cool. u could totally chill was us ne time :thumbsup:

14. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks :slight_smile:. I just try to reason with people, and get my point across without directly hurting anyone. It works sometimes, but other times it either ends up in me hurting someone (emotionally/mentally, not physically) or me just giving up. I try though.

15. SamAlex728

Holy shit! ENGLISH PLEASE!!! And like it has been said before, don't like it, don't use it, problem solved.

16. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

A fellow grammar Nazi? Where have you been? We must unite! There is much work to do...

17. BeautifulStranger

I'm having a flashback of the Furry thread fiasco...

I'm having serious laughing fits...

18. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

>_> At least its not Gay For Pay?
    Ha....haha.....hahahaha~

19. ChokiE

I'm sorry but this is kind of funny to me. Emo is to punk as hippies are to anarchy. Emo people complain about things but don't try to change anything, they just bitch and moan and never accomplish anything. Hippies complain about establishment and the government and talk about change but they just sit around and smoke pot all day, they don't make an effort to change things. If you want emo to be taken seriously then the emo culture has to prove itself to be more than whiny kids that just want to tell the world about their problems just to gain sympathy. Old school punks weren't taken seriously at first, everyone thought they were just rowdy kids, but they took action and actually DID something about the oppression they were dealing with. So if more emos decide to start reacting in a more extreme way to their problems, rather than posting a blog about it on myspace, I'll take them seriously.

P.S. this is just my opinion, not meant to offend just stating what I believe.

20. Miles D

well I just think it's funny that your mood currently is "dead", which, if I'm not mistaken, is not something that happens for a single day either.
    therefore I think we should remove "dead" too, to prevent "dead posers".
    that's all.
    x_x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.