Colorado Senator says Gay = Murder

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Hoppip, Feb 25, 2009.

1. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Am I the only one who finds this EXTREMELY comical and whimsical? Lol

Really, I've never heard of a gay murderer...though Ido know they're out there. Gays, like hippies, don't seem to be the violent type...or at least the news making kind.

2. No One

That guy is a dick i mean really our country was founded on Christianity but its not based on that anymore i mean if they were to do what he was asking they might as well make Christianity the state religion.

3. Emberstone

here is my statement to him I am sending through the form on the website.

"I understand that there are those who are uncomfortable about gay rights, but if you quote leviticus against gays, you insult my Lord and Savior, Jesus of Nazerithe, who spoke to his followers that Leviticus does not apply to chirstians, and should not be taken as gods law. A view also taken by Paul, a great theological thinker, who sided with Jesus Christ in saying that leviticus does not apply to chirstians.

If you arent going to know jack about christ and his teachings, then dont try to use them to claim that I am a murderer, simply because I was born gay. The only choice I had was if I lied to the people I love about who I am, or if I am truthful. The Ten commandments do not speak out against homosexuality, but it does speak out against bearing false witness.

I hope you open your bible one day, and read it with a open heart. Maybe too then can the work of Jesus Christ will cure your hate filled, compassionless heart.

Jesus spoke of humanity and compassion, and loving ones enemy. If you consider me a enemy, then listen to the teachings of christ."

Fundementalist are douchebags... They are the first to sign, and they know jacksquat about christian teachings, prefering to listen to the anti christ, anti god, anti morality teachings of other fundamentalist douchebags.

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

he is a sick man.

5. Nugget

Oh, um... it's Nazareth, not Nazerithe. :/

6. Techcompu2

7. kettleoffish

I hate people. They fuck everything up. This man calls himself a Christian, yet he pretty much summarises everything his 'lord and saviour', Jesus Christ set out to overthrow. The irony of today's so called 'Christians' sickens me to the core.

8. EM68

I saw this last night on 365 gay new. What he said was disgraceful. At least his fellow state senators sanctioned him and took him off a committee he was a member of.

9. Emberstone

That is good news right there. Colorado often seemed to be one of the more progressive, liberal red states. I will judge this guy for his actions and statements, but it is refreshing to know that the state of colorado is taking actions for his statements and revoking some of his responciblities in responce to his outright bigotted, hateful, and anti christian views.

Contrary to the belief of some, christ spoke out against hatred and vulger bigottry. Christ never spoke out once against homosexuality, and he was living in a time when it was both common place, but so was gay marraige. he never spoke out against it when he was preaching under roman rule, and homosexuality was considered healthy and normal part of life in roman culture.

if it was such a bad thing in his eyes, you would think christ would have spoke out against it.

he repudiated the only section in the bible that does speak out against homosexuality, saying it doesnt apply to christians.

What fundementalist christians *who are the most vocal against equel rights* are doing is useing us as a punching bag. they are the first to sin, and the last to admit it, if they ever do. They need a group to subjugate and dominate. We are that group. rather then look at their own faults, and their own sins, they have to point out what they percieve was the sins of others.

10. Noah

Remember lex, colorado springs is the most conservative fundamentalist area of the country. And if you were kidding, sorry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol is it me or is he TERRIBLE at giving his sermon? Really, there must have been no gays in the crowd otherwise I would've spoken up. Someone should remind him that church and state are separate so that would've ended any and all debate. And if he rebuked it then just ask him why he is basing his governmental authority and dictations off religious scripture? Lol

12. Nugget

Where the fuck went Arkansas? Georgia? Arizona, even?

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hell, try Alabama. Remember all the marches back in the 60s? Police dogs, fire hydrant hoses, church bombings, that sort of stuff? Right here, man.

14. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Try North Dakota too. Where the bible thumpin homophobes went to recently deceased soldiers funerals and protested loudly. "GOD HATES FAGS!" "IM GLAD THEYRE DEAD!" Things like that scare me. I mean the family and mourners are already upset, but to do such a thing is a complete travesty. It's gross and utterly despicable, regardless the situation. They deserved death no more than a straight person.

15. Pendrin2020

From what you guys are saying is that any state with a farm is bad news for liberals.

I live in Tennessee and it's not too bad out here. They voted to ban gay marriage, but they're still friendly for the most part. If you don't like the politician, don't vote them back in.

16. Janvier

It's funny how religion is used as an excuse to hate others.
    If it's really THE BEST religion, why don't they use it to love instead?
    Is it really that hard?

There's no need to make things worse for others based on some principle, what does it bring them?
    Satisfation?? They actually feel good doing/saying that?

17. Emberstone

Thats why I prefer buddisem. I am a chirstian, but I am studying buddisem academicly for a collage humanities class.

both buddisem and chirstianity speak out against hatred... its just that buddist actually live by their teachings, and alot of chirstians dont know jack about christanity.

The message of christ was compassion, humanity, humility, and love. fundementalist preach vulgarity, hate, persecution, and stupidity.

christ not once ever preached out against homosexuals. he actually spoke out against a common slur of the time used against effeminate and homosexual men.

18. silentsound

19. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought church and state were supposed to be separate...?

20. Emberstone

fundementalist ignore the "obay gods law, but also obey the law of the lands" section of the bible.

You can't argue with a fundementalist, not because they are always right *which they arent, they are statistically usually wrong when it comes to chirstian doctrine*, but because how can you argue with someone who has decided everything they say is right because they have god on their side *when if they would read their bible, they would find god likely isent a fan*