1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transgender questions?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miles D, Feb 1, 2009.

1. djt820

Im not disregarding that at all. He doesnt have a male mind because if he truely did, he'd be producing those male hormones. I dont understand this whole sexual identity thing. Im still waiting for an explanation. And no, I dont believe in fate. Its just another silly superstition so being born gay doesnt work. I dont know if becoming gay has the same mental characteristics as becoming transexual so it isnt a pointless argument. I dont know if this is a mental issue you could or should be treated for. Im just questioning why this is and if its truely natural or sane.

2. djt820

I dont know what you mean by finding my root. Find my cause of being gay?
    You believe in fate, I suppose. You werent born gay. If you were born in a different country or a different time era and had different experiances, theres a very good chance you wouldnt become gay.

3. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All females produce male hormones, and all males produce female hormones. It's the ratio that differs. The extra T is to simulate or stimulate, whichever way you wanna go with that, male puberty. Alright, well I guess my argument with fate is out the window... I'm pretty sure it's all interconnected, sexual identity, gender identity, etc.

I honestly don't think that you can try to say that dealing with gender identity issues, or being transsexual or transgendered, or any of the other terms is not natural, or insane. To be honest, I think that's going to bite you in the ass as a gay male. As an LGBT community, we've gone through the "you're insane, you should be institutionalized, we can fix this, we can cure you" and I don't think that members inside the community have any right to say that to anybody else.

4. Shevanel

Lauren you said it totally right.

5. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Root, yes cause of being gay.

Fate, no. I stopped believing in fate when I stopped recognizing Christianity as something good in my life. (no offense to religious folk out there). Sure, if I were a different person, I might not be gay. That's true. But I am me, born where I was born, living in the 21st century, and I'm gay.
    But the flaw I see with what your saying is that you're implying if I were born somewhere else at some other time, I wouldn't be gay (or might not be gay) but that's because I wouldn't be the same person.

Physical attraction can't be taught or learned.
    I like seeing other females.
    I am physically attracted to them.
    I am gay.
    No one taught me that, and I didn't learn it somewhere.

6. djt820

Exposed is a vague term. I could used another term but I cant think of one. You're taking my logic out of context. Im not saying genetics have no say in our orientation. Im saying it has some say. But we are not BORN GAY. You do not come out of your mother's coon and have a imprinted orientation on your brain. Whatever you may go through in life can determine sexuality and its very different for all people because they're all wired differently. One person can have a total opposite effect of a certain situation as another person might have. I cant explain these phenomenones but they happen to everyone. If you can prove to me that all our orientations are given to us at birth and life experiance has no say whatsoever, then I'll believe you. Everyone experiances different things and everyone has a unique reaction to each experiance.

7. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Btw, Miles or anyone else for that matter, if I've gotten anything wrong, feel free to correct me.

8. Phantasma

I can't prove that anymore than you can prove that life experiences DO make a difference.No one has the definitive answer.

I think we should just move on, and let Miles get back to running the thread as was originally intended. All this debating is taking away from what is actually quite a useful and informative topic.

9. djt820

Im not saying its unnatural or insane for I am still deciding my own opinion on this and I have not been given enough evidence to support either side. Im just simply putting the possibility out there. Im saying it could be illogical mental issue. Im not saying it is for I am very open minded about this. If he was born with a sure, 100% genuine male brain and can prove that it is then I could understand COMPLETELY why he would change his sex. I just dont see that happening though. It could be a 'deformity' but having someone naturally know that from birth and having to correct that later in life is an extremely low chance.

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Im so confused. I thought Miles was a guy? So...what sex is Miles originally? I have the feeling it went from girl > boy but im so lost now!!

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

This thread has been highlighted to staff because it seems to be getting heated and argumentative in places.

Please try to keep to a civilised discussion otherwise we'll have to lock it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

12. djt820

If you were born in a differnt country, you would be naturally the same person. You'd have the same genetics but you would grow up in a different lifestyle and mentally, would be different. That difference could contribute to sexuality.

13. djt820

You are correct. He was a she.

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

15. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Oh. Lol I thought he was kinda cute for a guy. :confused:; Weird. This is the 2nd time I've found a bi/lesb woman attractive.

DAMN that Ellen Degeneras! She keeps fooling me into watching her show...

16. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What if someone said to you, "I'm not saying being gay is unnatural or insane, I'm just saying that it could be. I don't know. I don't think it's possible that your mind makes you that way, it's gotta be something else. But you know, I'm really open minded about it."

I don't think this is something that you can explain. I think it's just something you feel and if you figure it out enough to understand what's going on, you take action.

I'm gonna just stop and let Miles handle the thread from here on out though, don't want this to get locked like previous controversial threads and posts.

17. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (I said I'd stop but I needed to reply to this... Hah, sorry)
    I don't think I'd be the same. My family would sure as hell be different, and the customs would be different. I think that where I was born, and when, is a huge part of who I am today. You're born once, and I think that everything at that moment plays into who you are.
    I don't think that I would essentially be the same. I wouldn't look the same, I wouldn't talk the same, I probably wouldn't walk the same.

I'm seriously done now.

Miles, I admire you for your courage, and your ability to live life to the fullest as who you truly are. Once again.. You're one coooooooooool cat.

18. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no way to know whether or not we were born gay. Those arguing for it cannot scientifically say they were, nor can you say they were not.
    Au contraire, you could still be gay. Chances are you would have to supress it for fear of being executed or treated like a criminal. It's not a hidden secret that people have tried to live a heterosexual lifestyle, and there are older members on here who can testify to that.

Furthermore, whilst I believe you are born gay, the argument of choice doesn't really wash with me when I explore how homosexuality has appeared in numerous species of animals. These animals, as far as we know, do not have the mental processes to decide whether or not they are gay. That itself suggests to me that homosexuality is nature.

However, notice I say 'suggests'. I'm not claiming it's proof anymore than you should be claiming homosexuality is caused by choice. None of us know yet so twould be pointless for us all to say what is the cause.

19. djt820

Ok, I will stop because no one wants to civilly discuss this but I will say orientation is no excuse to call someone insane. Orientation is inevitable. Changing your sex isnt and your thinking isnt the same. Outside features, your body and the parts that were given to you are really of no importance in my opinion. If you are truely unhappy with what was given to you at birth, Im sorry you feel that way but no one is born with the opposite mind of their given gender. Its just a labeling and looks issue but it is your choice to do this and I support it fully. Im sorry if I offended anyone because that wasnt my intention. I was just trying to put this whole idea out there and maybe further my education on the topic.

20. Dazed

Dazed Guest

HE is not a lesbian.
    lesbians are females.
    Miles is a Queer man.