1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ronnie92, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Ronnie92

My freind sent me this through e-mail but I think Ive seen it before. Tell me what do you guys think about it.I like it though.

Gay marriage:
    1) Being gay is not natural. People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Briteny Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

#1 Ronnie92, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. Étoile

Re: Gay marrige

Yeah, I've seen this plently of times but it always makes me chuckle. I'm gonna send this to my sister and her co-workers and see what they say.

3. ausdtc

I've also seen this somewhere before, can't place where.. Good to read again though, thanks for posting it :grin:

4. Knowing Me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

My friend showed it to me. At the end of hers though, it had "repost this if you agree with gay marriage."

5. Hugo Boss

[YOUTUBE]1o4YUY4feys[/YOUTUBE]​

6. -Michael-

^^^ if only :')

and when did this section appear?

It was kinda random wasnt it?

#6 -Michael-, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  7. Fiorino

I like it- but there are some arguments that could be strengthened a bit
    I have to argue otherwise. Homosexuality is a perfectly normal variation of human
    sexuality and it's been around for as long as straight people (hence the loss of
    credibility of the whole "adam and steve" argument).
    Yet again-Now that we know homosexuality is detectable before birth, and that it
    occurs in a minority of the population, it's stupid to have such fears, you can't
    "convert" someone to be gay, they either are or they aren't (or they're bi,
    and then they're not straight).
    I'd like to connect this one to the previous argument. People aren't going to marry pets or "Turn/get gay", because we would have witnessed that in Canada, the Netherlands, and Spain where gay marriage is legal. Last time I checked most people there were still straight and the pets were not wedded with humans, but people born with an attraction to the same sex weren't discriminated against and had the same rights as "straight" people.
    Not to mention the bible denounces divorce (legal) way more than homosexuality.
    Speaking of the bible, hasn't that been used before to justify discrimination?
    Oh-that's right, they used some of the same arguments 50 years ago to denounce
    allowing interracial marriage, and the bible also condones slavey. Makes you wonder
    where these people are getting their morals from.
    The whole sanctity of marriage argument is bogus, it's just an excuse for discrimination.
    The whole defense of marriage act is unconstitutional and illegal in the first
    place.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

Just like how it would be impossible for us to adapt to sharing drinking fountains,
    swiming pools and buses among people of a different skin color. I just don't know
    how I could deal with them having the same rights as me since they're a minority
    and of course the majority is always right. Discrimination FTW!

#7 Fiorino, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  8. MeskElil

This is BRILLIANT! I have to save this somewhere...*looks on computer for a nondescript folder*

9. i just find it rib-ticklingly funny lol.

10. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

i have seen it before!
    but it is pretty funny but it also brings some perspective!!