1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry's mom clearly hates 'I Kissed A Girl'.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brighteyes52, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Katy Perry is not being herself because as Lex and Disney said she has been in the music bizz for some time now but never made it. Now she makes gay themes part of her song and shes soo popular...She in Gym Class Heroes- Cupids Chokehold vid at the end

2. abyssx3

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :eusa_clap
    I personally hate that song. Not because it's a chick kissing another chick but thats your typical L.A girl. They are straight go to parties and start making out. Not to mention all the air play it's getting.

3. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish the song wouldn't help perpetuate stereotypes:

But, anyway, despite what Katy's mom says, I don't think "the Bible clearly states [homosexuality] is a sin."

#23 Lava421, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. Jerr

I believe money is a factor. haha. Probably not but that is what I thought when I read it.

5. "I fear she has been led astray by the Hollywood crowd"

pssht

because we all know that everyone in hollywood is gay... :confused:

She needs to take a chillpill ...its just a song...it doesnt mean that she's actually kissed a girl does it?

-_-

6. pirateninja

:roflmao: My thoughts exactly

7. MusicIsLife

Shes straight, shes dating Travis McCoy from Gym Class Heroes.

8. ...wait

Katy Perry is straight? So why is her mum making a big deal?

*facepalm* people like that annoy me

"you're straight but you like gay people so I'm going to pray for you" WHAT. THE. HELL.

>.<

9. Amy

Amy

i happen to love katy perry, i have since simple came out with sisterhood of the traveling pants. my friend used to listen to her gospel music when she was katy hudson.

maybe she is being herself, she could be bisexual. it doesnt matter to me. she did say(a while ago) that she was still a christian, but not the typical, conservative kind.

as for her mother: read a fucking bible. yes homosexuality breaks some biblical laws, but so does: making permanent artwork of birds, fish, moles, or anything else in water, air, or under ground; insulting people; women not screaming loud enough if they are; men wearing skiny jeans; raped in a city; wearing mixed fabrics; women speaking in church; women wearing mens clothing, such as pants or diamonds; women teaching men...there are thousands more. also, this is your daughter, you are told by the bible to love your children, and help them. im pretty sure praying for her soul isnt.

meh, im in a really pissy mood today.

10. Defraction

Wow, a heated discussion over fake headlines. :wink:

Let's hear it from Katy Perry herself, shall we? http://www.vimeo.com/1563500

Skip to 4:26ish. (The video takes a while to show up, well it did for me)

11. *had a brainwave* hang on ..her mum said that the song 'promotes homoseuality'?

how? It can't if a lyric is "It's not what, good girls do not how they should behave'

saying if you're good you won't be a lesbian...now unless she's a big fan of reverse psychology I don't see how she's promoting homosexuality.

12. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

Exactly! Thank you for posting this, I was just about to post it as well..

I was hearing it EVERYWHERE on tv, and even on Perez which is usually pretty reliable. So, sorry for jumping the gun and but it seemed pretty legit.

13. Absentminded

I don't really think it promotes homosexuality, but there are parts of the song that do, so it kind of contradicts itself, making it almost at a neutral point.
    If her mum really did say that however, I think that she should pull her head out of the clouds and just deal with it. As a woman in a store I was at said to me the other day "It's all just a joke, and a song to dance and have a good time to, nothing more, and people take it WAY too seriously these days. People just need to chill."

14. Let's not forget something here: before we begin to point fingers and insult her mother, we should know that everyone has their own opinions and views of life. Whether they agree with ours or not is not crucial. Before we demand respect for our opinions, we should seek respect for other's opinions, no matter how harsh they might be. That's what makes the world an interesting place!

I'm not so sure the song promotes being gay, I mean, the lines go:

'It's not what good girls do'
    'It felt so right, it felt so wrong'

Those are just little bits of the song that remind me that perhaps Katy:
    -Is saying anyone can be bi-curious
    -It's not right
    -It's wrong but it feels right (hence, we should do what makes us happy and not care what society says)

But I'm sure there are other parts of the song that could favor being gay in some way.

15. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Katy admitted in an interview that she had never even kissed a girl before she released that stupid song. She's not gay or bi, she's just cashing in on the hype...

16. Jebs

Katy Perry is no better then Soulja Boy. Just awful.

17. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

That's a HUGE slap in the face to Katy Perry first of all. Katy is actually a good singer, and her songs are for the most part thought out and well composed.

Soulja Boy is the biggest joke to the music industry, and while there are some comparisons to be made.. Katy is no where near as god awful and pathetic as him.