1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Merchandise - Shop Open For Business! - See post #129

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Grof142007, Mar 17, 2008.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well no one ever said Canada wasn't far superior to the US. :lol:

I know we have Interac and they don't but doesn't Plus function for them like Interac does for us? For instance, I can make an ATM withdrawal from any bank in the States because all banks seem to part of Plus. I can't imagine not actually knowing for sure if you can use your debit card somewhere... maybe that's why they have the credit card branding, to avoid that kind of thing.

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We're really derailing this thread.

Anywho, Plus is associated with Visa associated banks (Eg: RBC) and Cirrus is assosiated with Mastercard assosiated banks (eg: BMO) and allow access to the accounts at ATMs internationally, and there's ATMs for them practically everywhere, and are pretty much the lowest common denominator internationally.

In the US, while banks will issue cards compatible with PLUS or Cirrus, and ATMs there will accept them, networks used for EFTPOS (debit) usually do not include Plus or Cirrus, but there is Visa related Interlink and Mastercard related Maestro, however Canadian cards will not work on those networks. There are other networks for debit use in the US including NYCE and Pulse.

To add further confusion, according to http://www.interac.ca/consumers/productsandservices_merch.php some Canadian bank cards can be used at American point of sale terminals accepting NYCE cards.

In an attempt to rerail this thread: I'd buy some threads but I'm not out.

3. SamAlex728

it might take me a bit longer

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You certainly are. Please get back on track now.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I received my order today. I ordered a large mug, a mouse mat and a teddy bear.

The mug and mouse mat are excellent. The logo is clear and sharp, and they look just like any mass-produced ones would. The mouse mat is fabric on rubber, not the cheaper cardboard on rubber. The mug is good heavy ceramic so should last well.

[​IMG]

The logo on the teddy bear's top is a bit uneven, probably because the fabric was stretched unevenly when it was printed. It is not bad but it is not quite right. I have filled out the returns request on the website for an exchange, but I don't know that I could be bothered to post him back etc.

[​IMG]

It arrived in the regular mail, well packed in a good solid box.

Sorry about the dark grainy photos. My phone camera doesn't work that well in dim lighting and my proper camera is at work.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was going to order the mouse pad and the mug too. I'm glad to know you're happy with them.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Now this is what I call good customer service!

8. biisme

wow...so..if u take the shirt off, you'll have a free teddy bear!!!

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's not that bad anyway.

I'll keep him as he is, with his shirt on, and he can wait for his boyfriend to arrive. :slight_smile:

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We'll need pics of the new couple!

11. SamAlex728

Being gay is cool, even the teddy bears are doing it! :icon_bigg

#211 SamAlex728, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

ooo nice :thumbsup: but wont shipping cost alot for the the EC peeps who lives far?

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

My order cost $15 for shipping to the UK, which is about £7.50. That's reasonable, I think.

14. EthanS

EthanS Guest

No i mean for people who lives far like in the US, coz when i ordered something from the US it costed alooot! more than the thing purchases -.-'

15. EthanS

EthanS Guest

mayb I'll buy the bear when I moved out ^_^

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hopefully when people order they can say what the shipping costs for them. Australia and most of Europe will probably be about the same cost as the UK.

17. EthanS

EthanS Guest

When i ordered my thing it costed like £40 to ship to the uk :[ and i had to pay the delivery guy :/

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I assume that wasn't from CafePress though. Different companies do things different ways. It would also depend a lot on the weight and value of the item. If it's over £35 you may have to pay duty (tax) on it when they deliver it.

I paid for shipping to CafePress when I ordered and paid for the items. I did not have to pay the delivery driver anything.

19. Jerr

Haven't been on in a while and decided to check the merchandise out...

A thong? Really?

Like I needed you tempting me with that. It is my only way to support in front of the parents without them knowing.

So getting one.

Even though it is against my better judgment.

20. Grof142007

thinking im going to get a teddy next week if igot the $$ im lonely at night and need someone to keep me company

"Paul's Cat is my homeboy" Hmmm maybe i can put this on my shirt if i get one (Edit: Im def doing this when i get the $$$)

Ok so i was looking over cafepress and if we was to finsh that video prodction we started we could put that up=)

Man I really want something that Scream Hey Im Gay Get over it. but i already got a hoody hat and bag .. i guess maybe a shirt and teddy and of course duke hmm sigh maybe ill dye an EC rainbow lol

#220 Grof142007, May 12, 2008
    Last edited: May 12, 2008