1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Merchandise - Shop Open For Business! - See post #129

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Grof142007, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Grof142007

Re: EC Merchandise

i hope this works out. dont see why not there getting money from something that was to be free =) I hope i can be one of the 1st 5 who buys something =) hmm maybe ill buy 7 hehe i love that i have money(!)

also paul would u have ever thought of something like this? if not im glad i mention something to get the ball rolling

also what are ur thought on this actually happing? ii know i shoudlnt get my hope up but i cant help it

#41 Grof142007, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  2. step49x

I might buy something. I can't say how much I'd wear it, but I think it would be fun to have.

I have to say, this would be my first time buying website merchandise...

3. SlickyPants

I really like the logo at the top-left of the forum without the door. I think it would look good around the left-chest area.

empty closets
    w w w . e m p t y c l o s e t s . c o m

#43 SlickyPants, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. JSG

JSG Guest

^ Perfect logo for clothing.

5. biisme

I think that this is a great idea and I would DEFINITELY buy something...if not everything!

6. davo-man

I say White singlet, blue trim around the neck and arms, big EC on left breast (hehe...breast).....and emptyclosets.com on the back

Too bad I don't think I would look this good in a singlet like that hehe

Attached Files:

• ec.jpg
      ec.jpg
      File size:
      44.4 KB
      Views:
    #46 davo-man, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  7. Kimi

Actually, I thought of making a t-shirt for myself with EC on it while ago when Fred came up with the idea of making a magazine. (I thought of doing a page of "make your own EC tee")

I would love to buy one:slight_smile:

8. sexyalex

that's what i just said...and to answer Becky's question about "empty closets" or "empty closets.com" ...i wouldn't want to be wearing the shirt in jamaica and someone says "oooh cool shirt with pink and blue writing let me go see that site! :grin:" and when they see what EC is all about....

one day i am walking .....*POW POW* i am dead:dead:

no thank you, well atleast i suggested briefs so....i would personally give input into the design and modeling :grin: in fact i can scan a draft and send to Paul anytime...if he askes....

come on people? wouldn't it be sexy! not to meantion F-U-N. :lol:

9. sexyalex

this is the best idea i have seen....since the "boxer briefs" idea...excluding mine :lol:
    it's fabulous and not to meantion would totally make a fashion statement :dry:

10. mcrteenagers

EC Thong?

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Seth has given me the go-ahead to do this, and sent me a high resolution copy of the logo at the top left. So it WILL happen! :slight_smile:

The next stage is for me to speak to the boss on Tuesday and find out what he can help us do, what garments are available through the usual suppliers and what the embroidered cost would be etc. It is likely to be things like t-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies, and not underwear or wristbands etc. It will probably take a few days to sort out the pricing.

JubMedia would prefer us to sell the items at cost as they do not need the money from any profit. So if we do make a small profit out of this, it will probably go to Becky to help with her postage cost of sending PFLAG materials out to members.

So I should have more information by the end of next week.

12. SlickyPants

Ooh, does it come with the hot guy?

That's wonderful Paul. And embroidered too. Silk-screening is alright but an embroidered logo really adds a touch of class to it.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Most of the customised stuff we do is school uniform with school badges or logos, and this needs to be embroidered for durability. So it is likely that we will be able to get a good price on embroidery from one of the regular suppliers.

I don't know if we can get vests like davo-man's photo but I'll ask. We would be able to get polo shirts.

14. Sam

Sam

I'm so excited about this!

15. Urman

Urman Guest

I can't wait

16. Grof142007

loving that the profit would help her out =) im going to buy 1 of everything =) wonder how many thing there going to be i cant wait im going to be the ultimate advertise me nt for EC i can see it now wearing the t shirt while the hoodies is on ( I LOVE HOODIES) also while having the sweatshirt tie around my waist =) beat that guys

17. TeeBe

I love the idea of EC clothing/jewelry/whatever else you can attach the logo to! As a budget friendly suggestion (for the poor students like me out there :grin:)...

What about posting a pdf or similar file with logos, that people can print off themselves on iron transfer paper or rub on transfer paper? You can get it at any craft store (like Michaels for about $10 for a whole package for the NA'ers here). All you do is print it off using any (usually inkjet, but check the manufacturer) printer, and voila! You can now have EC-anything-you-can-iron-rub-or-wet! (Depending on what kind of transfer you use)

Imagine it: EC tee shirts, canvass shoes, hoodies, backpacks, mugs, mirrors, scrapbookpaper...the only limit is you imagination...and all really cheap! (And individually designed, so sizing guesswork). If the images can be used this way under the copyright, and the lack of funds generated isn't an issue, this may just be another suggestion (I hear the crafters cringing at iron-on transfers now...Really, they aren't all that bad!!)

EDIT: but I still want to buy everything!!!

18. sexyalex

no underwears!? real bommer paul! :dry:
    :lol: i hope the vests work out then...(gosh, polo shirts are soo last season. hoodies in summer? think fashion forward >.>)

19. Grof142007

just realize i had the colors wrong in my first post lol shame on me

20. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The range of products we can get through my work is quite limited unfortunately. Because we deal with suppliers of embroided schoolwear we are looking at the casual end of that range, which means they can only offer polo shorts, sweatshirts and fleeces. No hoodies, no t-shirts, no vests etc.

The size range covers 34" to 50" chest and prices are good at about £5 (US $10) for a polo shirt and £10 (US $20) for a fleece. There is a one-off setup charge of £50 (US $100) which I would have to allow for, plus their delivery charge and postage to buyers. They have a minimum order level of 12 items but they can be a mix of types, sizes, colours etc, so it would allow me to order each time we get 12 or more items ordered.

The limited range is the main problem though, so I am looking at some other suppliers to see what they can offer, either to supply everything or to fill the gaps. I am aiming for embroidered rather than printed because we want good quality merchandise for EC! Hopefully I will know more by the end of the week.