1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Choucho, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Choucho

Alright, so I had an idea that's got me really excited. It came to me in a dream, actually.
    The idea would be to have members of EC record themselves (picture & audio, option of blurring out faces is available to closeted members who wish to participate). The recordings will then be put together to form a single video with a single message, but many voices. I have talked to the mods about this, and they approve of the idea. So what we need now are volunteers.
    I would also like to add that members with video editing skills they can lend to the cause would be greatly appreciated.
    The message is as follows;

When I walk down the street
    Will they know?
    What will they say?
    Why me?
    What will the world be like for my
    Parents/Sibling/Aunt/Uncle/Son/Daughter
    I'm scared
    Of letting people know
    Who I really am
    [Love lies within]
    [Hatred is the real threat]

The stuff in brackets will not be spoken, but will be presented as white text on a black background. The slashes are breaks, so in total there are 13 lines.
    I'd really like to see this get off the ground, so if you're willing to help, let us know here. ^_^
    I think that's all for now, if there's anything else one of the mods or I will let you know. Thanks everyone!

2. Grof142007

so would you want us to make a vidoe of us say what u wrote?

3. SkyTears

I'd do it but there is still stuff that needs to be known, like where to we send it?

4. Choucho

Yes, once we get the right amount of people we can decide on who should say which lines. or we could just have you all say the whole thing and cut&paste... it might make it easier, but it would mean more work for the video editor.

As for where to send it, that will probably be decided after we get enough people as well. Sorry I don't have more definite answers for you right now, but I will later on I promise!

5. Alabastair

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've got video editing skills that I can contribute and I can film myself saying that. I'ld be happy to do it.

6. Choucho

Yay! ^_^
    I claim credit for your first post. >.< It belongs to me.
    I own you now.
    (kidding)
    Welcome to the forums! ^_^

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to clarify, the mods have discussed this and are pushing for the idea. :grin:

All you will need to do is record yourself saying a particular line(s). As mentioned in the first post, if you wish to have anonymity then your face can be blurred. All this will be sorted out before the video is made. :slight_smile:

For now we're just getting a list of people who would be interested. The video will be used as a promotion for EC, so this is your chance for EC stardom. :grin: Details on where to send the video will be sorted out once there is an idea of how many people are willing to participate.

If you're interested then let us know on here and we'll hopefully get back to you. :grin:

Alabastair: I will PM you some time in the future to talk about the video editing. Thanks. :slight_smile:

If anybody else has video editing skills then feel free to still let us know. The more we have the quicker we will be able to progress with it. :slight_smile:

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm willing to do one of the videos... however my accent sucks. Hope that doesn't prevent me from contributing.

9. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course not. The more mix of people the better, imo. :grin:

10. pirateninja

Willing to participate :grin: Plus I have windows movie maker, so would be glad to do some editing if required.

11. Choucho

Whoo. ^_^ *wiggles arms in a happy-istic manor*
    Thank you everyone. ^_^ So we have
    Grof142007
    SkyTears
    Miaplacidus
    PirateNinja
    That's four for recording so far.
    PirateNinja
    Alabastair
    That's two for video editing so far.
    Methinks it would probably be best to try for a minimum of 6 or 7 for the recording. But it's going excellent so far. ^_^
    Thanks again everyone!

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Oh I'd love to join in! :grin: Just give me a PM if Im allowed ^_^

Btw, im for recording :slight_smile: I suck at video editing.

13. KatoKumi

I'm so in for a video, but this isn't gonna be like...a HUGELY public video right?

Because I mean, I'm out to my parents and all; I just try not to bring up the subject or anything. Drives them crazy, which in turn drives me crazy.

Andandand I have editing software.
    &I'm a fast learner; so I can take a shot, haha.

14. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are no final decisions on what the video will be used for yet. It will most probably be used here on EC, and possibly on youtube. As always though, if anybody is concerned about anonymity then they can request to be blurred in the video. It will hopefully be used to promote EC around the internet, but it's not going to be a video that will be in your face and publicised at every corner.

If anybody has any questions or problems then you can either post them here, or if you feel more comfortable PM'ing then feel free to PM either Choucho or myself. I think between us we should be able to cover both the project side of it and the moderation and forum side of it. :grin: If you do feel uncomfortable about it but are interested in joining then i'm happy to talk you through what is planned in an uber amount of detail that will make your head explode. If it makes you feel more relaxed about it then so be it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Any changes will be told to you all straight away. You won't wake up one morning and see EC advertised on your televisions and radios and whatever other gadgets you peeps have. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nothing has been finalised yet, and all people involved will be PM'ed all the details and will be asked to clarify they still wish to participate before we get started. :slight_smile:

15. Choucho

As of right now, we are thinking of leaving this open for about a week, to see how many people are interested. If we get more than thirteen people, I will do my best to write some more lines so that everyone who wants to participate can.
    So don't be shy! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    (And remember, there's no age limit :wink: )

16. CelebrityHead

I'm in for recording a line! Oh and I reckon it'd be so cool if Becky said the 'son' bit!

And to maintain anonymity, instead of blurring the faces, you could wear a paper bag over your head :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. KatoKumi

Uh, could I ask for a sample video before I do it :x?

I don't...completely understand just yet, lol.

18. Choucho

I was hoping someone would say that so I didn't have to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And for Kato, I'd record one to show you, but I've been sick for over a month now and can barely speak. D:

19. Grof142007

if no one does it by tommorow ill post a sample then:grin:

cant wait th is is going ot be soo much fun

P.S

Could we get a copy of the video? Cause i would love to Have it as my main video on my youtube channel somone contact Behing im sure he would love 2

20. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest