1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are gay ppl often to be smart?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neverover, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm on a scholarship at a good private school and I've been called gifted since I was about 4. My IQ is apparently in the top 1% of the population. I don't have any other talents, though - can't play sport, can't act, no musical talent at all, totally socially inept - so I think that makes up for it.

2. Trumpetplyer23

I'm purty darned smart, but there's a bi girl in my grade who failed all of her classes.

It just depends, some people want to get good grades, some people don't care.

Alot of the straight people get awards for academic acheivement at my school. One of 'em might be gay, but if they are, they're not out of the closet yet.

3. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know if you're joking or not, but that makes a lot of sense to me! I'm going to think this over for weeks now.

4. -Michael-

i think my IQ was 136 or something about a year ago.

But theres been plenty of night outs since then :slight_smile:.

Im top in my classes and i have an excellent social life. :slight_smile:

(just running it in now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

5. BreakingGlass

I think I am pretty smart. Just never liked to do my homework.

When I took the SAT it was the old one before the scoring system was revised, and got 1280, which is the equivalent of about 1920 now, I believe.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do well on tests.
    But walk into doors a lot.

Things even out.

Lex

7. -Michael-

I have this particular problem with doors made of glass...

...:slight_smile:

8. Bevo

Bevo Guest

Not meaning to sound pretensious, but i would consider myself smart and i can draw parallels with the theory that Gays think and contemplate more as a result of their situation.

But yeah i do tend to concentrate more on academic and extra-curricular studies: Debating, public speaking, top classes, bands etc. etc. etc

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In elementary school, I always had the "nerdy" reputation for my glasses. It's part of why I ditched them for contacts last year, but anyway, I was always the kid people would ask for answers when they couldn't do it themselves. Or didn't want to, it was easy to tell when. I never bother studying, I can remember what I learn well enough when I first learn it to pass tests. I only occasionally do my homework, I'm more forgetful when it comes to doing that, but I still manage through all my classes with above-C grades.

I don't really think my sexuality has a direct effect on my intelligence, but I do feel that it's helped open me up and see what's going on in the world. I look at things much more seriously than I did before I came out to myself, and I notice things that are out-of-place faster than most people I know since then. I do feel that it's made me more tolerant and understanding, but I'm not quite seeing how it "made me smart".

10. blpate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hate the way this sounds but I am pretty much good at most things I do, so there hate me for it. lol

11. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Most of your common sense and knowledge capacity comes from your mother. At least that's what I heard. It's true for me.

12. Jace

ahhhh well before i moved (and came out)
    i did really well in school
    my average never went below 85 (except one time in home ec, that class sucked)

but when i moved and came out i made like a ton of friends and got way popular-er (waay) and way happier, but my grades did drop, i now have an average of like 80

part of the reason is that here they're pre ap classes are waay more advanced then what they were in odessa (english was soo easy then now its my worst subject)

but yeah i'm happier
    an next year i'm not taking as many advanced courses
    i'll start in second yr algebra instead of first like freshmen usually doo, but other then that all my classes will be regular

13. Trumpetplyer23

Thought I'd add this to my post...I was in a class for gifted students (it ended when I got into high school :frowning2: ). I was in all of the honors classes offered at my school (there's like, 3), but I'm not anymore because I dropped Algebra 2 honors for a Journalism class. The Journalism teacher was insistent that I join and I'm pretty sure she did cartwheels when the schedule guy told her I joined. I'm easily persuaded by women, kidding, I wanted to do the class in the first place but my schedule would have screwed it up, so at first I didn't. I went to a competion to display my foreign language skills...

However. I'm a klutz and I have a very short attention span and I do some pretty stupid things. Plus, I've never been in the top ten for my grade, but I don't care. I do my best and that's what matters.

Honestly, not to sound concieted, which I probably do, but I have been told various times that I think faster and smarter than most of my classmates and I'm more mature. But I don't let that get in the way of me being a quirky, funny, weird kid.

Oh, and I suck at math. Completely...

I don't think my sexuality has anything to do with it, I just like to think and concentrate on things.

I think my writing skill comes from my mom, because she is the God of all writers :slight_smile: