books

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ALieToDieFor, Sep 29, 2007.

1. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    So I keep hearing about this book called "Running with scissors"
    and its suppose to be this "omg wtf? holy shizzle!!! ka-pow! shoom shoom! am i faded?!"
    book lol
    I dont know what it is about but supposedly there is homosexuality involved which makes me want to read it...
    If you have read then we can reminisce about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Level N Human

I've seen the movie. It's an autobiographical of a gay man and his very strange life. I hear he was sued though for overexaggerations. I haven't read the book though, just seen the movie. It was certainly entertaining, but I found it sort of pretentious. ^^ Hehe.. That' s just me though, maybe you should give it a look and you'll like it.

3. I've read the book before and like Level N Human, I found the writing style to be a bit pretentious. The story was pretty interesting, even if Augusten Burroughs did get sued for defamation of character and invasion of privacy. Definitely give it a look in spite of that.

If it's any help, I believe that wikisummaries has a chapter-by-chapter synopsis of the memoir.

4. Jerr

That is possibly the best "type" of book I've ever seen... now if only Books-A-Million would have a section labeled that... My life would be complete.

5. Bryan

I saw the movie and loved it, I cant wait to read the book, now I just need some free time!