1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few reminders

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Steam Giant

I like that EC is equally welcoming to persons under 18 and as old as 50+. This place is really like one big family to me ^^ and I like how we can get support by, and help to support, those older than us and those younger than us. I am very happy with the way EC is now, and I wouldn't trade it for the world ^^

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

To clarify:

This site is for all ages, but because that includes people under 18 and maybe as young as about 12, we have to try to keep to discussions that are acceptable to this age-range.

There are more under-18s here than in the population generally, because an 18+ forum (###) refers under-18s here when they are banned from there. Also people aged 18+ probably have more forums to choose from.

With sexual discussions the distinction really is "erotic". If the wording is intended or likely to cause sexual arousal, or is just unnecessarily graphic for the discussion then it's unacceptable. Most of the discussions here have been fine. We have had the odd one or two that have needed editing or removing my moderators, however there seems to be a few posts recently that are boarderline.

I think the lack of erotic and graphic stuff is one of the attractions of this place to some of our members who would be old enough to sign up at 18+ sites that do allow and encourage this.

Generally with problem postings etc one of us mods/admins will remove or edit the post and contact the member about it. There are also occasions where we will contact members if we feel that several of their posts, although not actually removed, are close to the limit.

Occasionally if a post is out of character (perhaps posted when someone is upset or angry) and serves no useful purpose we will just remove it without making contact specifically about it.

A couple of people mentioned moderators. TriBi and I have been doing this since the site started, and we invited Dave to join us a couple of years ago. At the moment the three of us are managing fine so there is no need to take on anyone else. If/when we do need extra mods we will look at members who have been active for some time, and shown consistent good sense and understanding of what the place is about.

3. Micah

And of course, Someone who knows how to press that big red "BAN ALL MEMBERS" button.

4. TriBi

^ Bugger....I don't think it works on other Mods...:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :badgrin:

Seriously tho', I was going to chime in on this thread earlier - but basically Paul and Dave said what I was going to say anyway. I think all three of us would agree that we're really happy at the "community" that EC has become...and as Paul said - we really don't have to do very much Moderating - the people here pretty much set the boundaries and stay within them anyway. :slight_smile:

5. Kimi

Phew...Glad to hear that you guys(mods and admin) think that way:slight_smile:
    I was watching how this thread would go...

It's really good to know you guys like how this site going now(!) (!) (!)

EC ROCKS!!​

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The naughty boy (that is, me) will try to behave properly...

Seriously, I have never seen something on EC I considered inappropriate. Probably because Paul usually logs in earlier than I do... lol. I have seen some threads I didn't like at all (cut vs. uncut, for example) but they weren't really inappropriate, I just didn't like what people said in them.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If you ever see anything posted in the forum which you think is unacceptable or are unsure about, please use the post report system. Click on the [​IMG] icon at the bottom left corner of the post, fill in your comments and send it. That will alert all the moderators and admins, then whoever is around can come and take a look at it.

Don't worry about whether it is serious enough or not. There is no problem with reporting posts that we decide don't need any attention. We would rather have too many post reports than too few. :slight_smile:

8. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Because I'm not finding at least one of my posts, I think I need to apologize. I thought the post was fine at the time, but apparently my standards aren't as strict as the moderators'. Sorry. I'll be more careful now that I'm aware.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I can't see any deleted posts by you (other than two you deleted in 2006) and definitely have not seen any problems with anything you have posted, so you have nothing to worry about.

I don't know about the disappearance of that post you are looking for though.

10. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ooo I didn't even know it was for under 18, i need to watch what i say a bit more from now on! Thx for the reminder and by the way thx for the new chat room, it's great :slight_smile:

11. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2. Please don't post images or messages that could be insulting, whether to other members of the forum or to groups of people generally.

3. Please keep calm. If you disagree with someone, explain your reasons calmly. Accept that there will be some things you disagree on, so once you have both explained your positions there is really no point in going over it again and again. Do not attack the person stating the opinion - making it personal doesn't help and generally makes it worse.

I think that remembering those two points Paul cited a while ago would be good for some of us today.

12. careandrespect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a new member to EC I am very greatful to see that there is a site such as this. It is what I have been looking for. A place to go for true support and advice. Thank you.
    It is also good that we don't discriminate people by their age because I am sure that regardless of a person's age he or she is able to give those who are just starting out sound advice which they have gained by personal experience.
    careandrespect