1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few reminders

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Just a few reminders, everyone....

1. This forum is for under 18s (we have members as young as 12 and possibly even younger) so please don't post inappropriate content here. That includes graphics descriptions of sexual activity etc as well as pictures.

2. Please don't post images or messages that could be insulting, whether to other members of the forum or to groups of people generally.

3. Please keep calm. If you disagree with someone, explain your reasons calmly. Accept that there will be some things you disagree on, so once you have both explained your positions there is really no point in going over it again and again. Do not attack the person stating the opinion - making it personal doesn't help and generally makes it worse.

4. Please try not to let disagreements or other problems with other forum members spill over into unrelated threads. They can be discussed of course, but little comments in other threads doesn't help.

I have had to close a couple of threads recently, and we also had to delete a few posts here and there.

It is very rare that we actually have to do much moderating here, as everyone usually behaves sensibly. So having to do some moderating over the last couple of weeks came as a bit of a surprise.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

2. Double Dubya

I would like to tell you that I am very impressed because I have never seen anything insulting on this website. It is a great place and everyone should be proud to have such a wonderful place to come to. Keep up the good work!:eusa_clap
    WW:icon_wink

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Theres yunger than 12 year olds??!!!!!!!!!!!....:confused:

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

From the dates of birth, everyone is 13 or older. But I know not all the dates of birth are accurate. I think one of our 13 year old members is actually 12. So there may be some other 12 year olds or younger here, though I think it is unlikely.

5. paul7836

I think 12.75 is when you sorta discover who you start likeing and who you dont. Then you admit it to yourself around 13.5 (at least for me).

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I post, I consider the fact that there are 13 year olds around, however, I admit I might be a little too "naughty" sometimes. It is not intentional, it's just the way I am. Plus, when I was 13 I wasn't innocent at all (I think I posted here about my early sexual experiences, yes, I was that young)... so it's difficult for me not to be naughty...

I'm really sorry about that.

7. xxAngelOnFirexx

maybe they should have their own site "Empty Closets for Young Teens"...

I'm not a rule lover... :dry: I'm 15 so i'm a pg-13 person. Gay issues are not for children. anyone under 13 or even 13 is still pretty young... :***:

8. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I appreciate all of your hard work. This forum has helped me tremendously in my darkest hours. But I am kind of shocked to be getting the impression the entire site is for those under 18. If it is for those under 18, should those over 18 be on this site? I guess I just need a little clarity - sorry if it is clear somewhere, I can't find it. - sorry

9. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope I'm just confused.

10. xxAngelOnFirexx

This isn't a kids site that's for sure. most of the issues being discussed are not for people like 13ish. I'm mature for my age (15).... i just don't think all that is really that nessasary...

And deleteing our posts? that's like limiting freedom! i think we should get to say what we want and anyone who doesn't agree with it can just not be in the discussion. i don't really understnad what would have been deleted. i know sum ppl have wrote sum perverted or really sexual stuff, that's not ok for 'kids' but i hope you didn't delete any of MY stuff!

11. Micah

By "for under 18 year olds", Paul meant that it is a place that is acceptable for under 18 year olds, as well as those over 18. There are some support sites the cater specifically for those over the age of 18 (and as such - under 18 year olds are not aloud on them).

While all ages are welcome here, it should be remembered that younger people are present, and that this site has to be kept appropriate for those younger people as well :slight_smile:

12. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for clarifying. There has to be understanding - hence a gay coming out site - that there will be discussions on sexual issues, sexual feelings, and the process a person goes through with that. PAUL - I would like to know if I have been inappropriate in any way. I want to know so I can learn from it. I love being here, and I want to see as many people as possible active on this site for support, advice, and just a place to go when the closet is lonely or when the closet is clean and life is hard. The specific time I was wondering about was a chat I had with someone in a private chat room. Everyone that participated in that discussion was over 18. It was not inappropriate, but it did discuss blatant sexual issues lesbians face - and those of us were facing.

13. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was inappropriate once - and Paul contacted me in like, 10 seconds I guess... Amazingly, it wasn't because of anything related to sex.

#13 Miaplacidus, Jun 12, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  14. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

question to 1:Why do I see people as old as 52 on here who are just members and not an administator or moderator of any kind?
    In my opinion it is kind of disturbing to know someone of that age is actually speaking about his/her life to children and younf adults such as myself.
    I also agree with wtinal.On a coming out forum there is going to be some talk of sexual feeling.

15. xxAngelOnFirexx

agreed:thumbsup:

16. Micah

If you have done something that's deemed inappropriate, you would know :icon_wink. We usually send a message to people acting what we deem as "inappropriate" for Empty Closets, and let them know. After all - how else can we expect them to learn/not repeat their mistake?

To answer your first question: Just because you are 52 or older doesn't make coming out any less significant. Empty Closets caters to anyone who is unsure of their sexuality or how to handle coming out. We can also learn a lot from the experiences of others as well. Some older people take joy in helping others. Afterall - if they've made a horrible mistake in their life, it's sometimes nice to learn it from them, rather than make that same mistake again.

That being said - there are some older people on the internet with less than perfect motives, and the moderators and administrators here are well aware of such people, and do all in our power to prevent them from accessing empty closets. This is why it's important to message a moderator if you get any suspicious Private Messages here.

As for the site having sexual nature: we're perfectly aware of this. In fact you'll find that there are heaps of threads centred around sex and "body parts". But these sort of threads should be kept as tasteful as possible, and mostly confined to the "health and well-being" forum. There's a difference between sexual discussion and erotic discussion.

For example, a discussion on safe sex and how to practice safe sex techniques would be acceptable discussion here (and obviously be quite graphic in describing sex). However, a vivid recap of your "weekend hook-up" with the purpose (intended or otherwise) of arousing readers isn't really appropriate.

I hope that clears a few things up (and I hope my examples were clear enough!)

Dave

17. Grof142007

After reading all that all i have to say is

Dave & othe EC Admins,Mods YOU ROCK!:thumbsup:

18. darkness

you are so funny...:roflmao: I think it was a tasteful discussion nothing to graphic....:rolleyes: and Paul or Dave would have let us know if it were...

19. darkness

Paul I wish I had figured it out by the time I was 13.5 would have saved me a lot of trouble.......

20. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well, i just wanted to be sure.....i guess i've never said much inappropriate cuz i didn't know they'd let me know........