1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your S/O sexting

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cesar123, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Cesar123

Kinda in this weird situation. A friend of mine recently started sexting me. The thing is he has a boyfriend and claims to care a lot about him. Is he just whoring around with me or do you think there is something underneath this? How would you guys feel if your significant other was sexting and/or would you ever sext during a mutual exclusive relationship.

2. guitar

Hmmm... I can't say I would be happy to hear my bf was sexting other guys. Maybe he's in an open relationship? Not a good sign from where I stand from what little you've said...

3. Cesar123

guitar ~ good point. I'll ask him about that, it would kind of make sense. They both are in the military and they are stationed in completely ( and very distant ) locations.

4. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    NOOOOOOO. To me a monogamy means not even pointing out that you find a stranger attractive. But let me just say, everyone has their different opinions of monogamy. And I am lucky to have a boyfriend who completely understands how I feel without having to ask. So to me sexting is cheating. Cheating can be emotional or physical. So that being said I think that it is nice that you are considering the other man's feelings in this situation. If I was in his shoes, all bets would be off and I would be moving on (which I have made clear to my boyfriend). However, you are certainly in an odd situation. I would ask your friend if they are in an open relationship. If he says no, I think you need to be direct, especially if it's making you uncomfortable. I think what he is doing, if they arn't in an open relationship, is completely wrong and he shouldn't be in the relationship if that is the case.

Of course like I said this is my personal opinion.

5. juliegt6

Ooh, that is a sore subject in regards to military partners and cheating. There are many generations of military on my mom's side and several of my dad's brothers served here on the US. If you don't hear it from his partner directly that it's ok, I'd run away from this. Cheating while your significant other is away on deployment is so low and disgusting. Rather than cheat, get the guts to break things off.

If this is infidelity, distance yourself as fast as possible as nothing good will come from it. Even if you get the blessing, I'd tread super carefully.

I don't usually talk about it but one of my first girlfriends was cheating with me, I was the other woman. I didn't know and it hurt me so much and her partner. I felt awful and stupid and it was one of the darkest periods of my life in terms of depression. Her partner I imagine took it worse having been together almost ten years.

#5 juliegt6, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  6. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be worried about that.
    If my significant other was doing that I'd consider it cheating. I wouldn't sext if I was in a committed relationship.
    He could be in an open relationship.

7. Verb

If my partner were 'sexting' with someone else I'd be seriously PO'd. I have friends who I know wouldn't take that very seriously cos they'd just see it as a bit of harmless fun, but I'd feel betrayed. Likewise, I wouldn't 'sext' anyone but my partner because a) it would feel like a betrayal and b) don't think I would feel the need.

To me it sounds like the kinda situation you want to avoid getting entangled in.