1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your first (sexual) experience w/a member of the same sex? Awkward?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by caliwoman, May 11, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Was your first sexual experience, awkward?

I'm a 33 yo female and only been with men, however, I just recently identified as bi and really enjoy the thoughts of being with a woman.

The idea of that, scares me. Where do I put my hands? Who leads? Do I know what to do, I mean I know I own the same lady parts, but...I digress.

With men, I'm very aggressive and prefer rough sex. With women, I'm completely passive (I mean in every way, other than physical, as I've never been with a woman besides in my thoughts).

So, was your first same-sex experience awkward? All you thought it would be? Did you feel more alive than you had before? Was it a complete catastrophe? Etc.

2. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't say awkward for me. My first penetration sex was same sex. It was amazing but I exploded quickly. Before that was curiosity and sharing and learning each other. My first opposite sex was the same. Learning and other acts long before penetration. Both have been wonderful. When the subject of your first time come up I wish I could say and share that my first time was same sex and mind blowing. Quick and innocent but very special!

3. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, it felt extremely natural. With guys I had felt like I was just playing the part. I had never really felt like I was myself in bed. With women, that changed completely. With women, instinct took over. With women, I was extremely turned on. I wanted her. I really wanted her.

Who takes the lead? Depends on... Everything. You could, she could, you could switch back and forth. Just go with what feels natural and good to you. Communicate with your partner.

For your first time, though, I really recommend telling your partner it's your first time. That way she knows that you want her to take the lead.

Until the time when you're actually making out and things are getting hot, try to show interest in ways that feel natural to you. Ask yourself how you like someone to show you interest and then try to do some of those things. If a woman remains completely passive during the flirting and build up phases, or if she plays hard to get, or ignores me, I'm likely to interpret such behavior as disinterest and attempts at letting me down easy. In such cases I tend to disengage.

#3 PlaidGlove, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  4. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you, Feel & Plaid for your responses. I've been married to a man for over a decade and feel like I want to rush into a sexual experience w/a woman, but I'm nervous.

Plaid, this is what I want w/a woman. That burning desire. I believe that has been missing with the men (and my husband) in my life.

---------- Post added 12th May 2016 at 07:32 AM ----------

I've talked to a couple of women in a friendly way, online. They seem very interested in having sex with a first-timer who is still married. I'm not into that :frowning2:

5. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't ruin your first experience with a woman by having a cheap hook up. With the right person the experience it will be so much more passionate and intense because you will have the build up of desire due to thd time that it takes to develop a relationship. Don't make it simply about the physical act. Sex with a loving partner can be so much more than that. I went through four months of sexual tension before I ever had my first same sex experience. But when I did it was absolutely incredible. It was the mind blowing lost in the moment sex I was looking for. As far as being nervous my first time....I wasnt because I wanted it so bad by the point. I also had the benefit of an entire weekend versus just one night. She was much more experienced. So my first night was slow and thoughtful. But by the second day we were much more wild and crazy....rough, kinky...yes I went there on my first weekend. :slight_smile: The lead switched from her to me and back again.... several times. This is not your first sexual experience and instincts will kick in. Your first time probably won't be as awkward as you think if you find the right person and wait until you have developed the relationship to the point of emotional intimacy then it can take you where you ultimately want to be. But had I just rushed into a sexual encounter with a woman my experience may have been totally different.

6. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have not been with a lady yet, but I feel very empowered by sex ed from the website omgyes. Totally worth $29, frankly worth more.

7. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    …and you can have it all! All that burning desire can be a natural part of your sex life if you dare to take one step at a time. It takes a lot of courage to do that though. :slight_smile:

8. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well, interesting....

It was a simple hook up from the internet many years ago. It was strange as in it was sex only, no kissing, touching, or much talking. Add to the fact that i was incredibly nervous, and, well you get the picture.

9. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm ready to throw in the dang towel and just continue to repress my same sex attraction to women I emotionally connect with.

I tried to get a "feel" for a woman I have as friends on Facebook and that sucked. She thought I was spying on her on behalf of her ex, was very apprehensive of me, mentioned a boyfriend very quickly (not sure if this was because of the ex spying issue or if I was coming on too strong) and well, yeah. It didn't get anywhere.

I don't think this is ever going to happen.

10. guitar

If your partner has experience, I would let them lead the first time. My first time with both sexes was awkward: it's new territory.