1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your feelings toward men?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheStormInside, Jun 17, 2014.

1. TheStormInside

I think it's most likely I'm gay... I think I'm just having a really hard time accepting it. I have a lot of mental health issues getting in the way on top of the usual fears. You make some valid points, though, and I may reach a point where I just come out as bi or questioning if I can't feel totally secure or certain I'm a lesbian without further experience. I just feel like I've been lying to myself and to others for so long that I don't want to come out with what ends up being a new lie. I think that's why I'm obsessing so much.

Thanks for taking the time to give thoughtful feedback. I'm probably wearing thin on people's patience at this point, heh. I know I wear thin even on my own, at times.

2. Teslahemian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Yeah, I guess that's a common theme here on this forum, all trying to learn more about ourselves. I totally understand your frustration. I see you've labeled yourself gay here, did you decide the attraction to women is negligible enough to identify that way, or are you just kind of trying it out?"

I guess I look at myself and while the Kinsey Scale is somewhat outdated, I peg myself as at least a 4-5 on it (mostly homosexual). Labels aren't everything, but if I were to look at my past 10 years or so, I'd say my attraction definitely runs closer to homosexuality than to heterosexuality. In the end, I think (and hope) that I'll have the confidence to find and accept love regardless of gender or labels, but, for now, I think gay is a fairly accurate label.

Best wishes with your reflection! I think the common piece of advice that most people seem to be echoing here - "don't think too much about it" - is true. Thinking too much often gets in the way of action, and missing out on taking action in life closes doors you may not want closed.

#22 Teslahemian, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014