1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worrying over nothing.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DaR94, Feb 27, 2021.

1. DaR94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so like 6-8 years ago. I use to visit an older guy for "fun". Ill try not to go into too many details, but we just use to do oral stuff and it was a lot of fun. But every now and again i worry about whether or not i might of caught something off him and today that worry returns.

one memory that sticks out is once he was about to... er... finish. and he run into the bathroom. saying that his "stuff" is "bad" and "not very nice". he never use to do it in front of me.

I remember asking him if he had something wrong with him, if he is ill and maybe if that was why he wouldnt do it in front of me. but he just said that "it doesnt taste nice" or something like that... i remember feeling a bit wierd about the whole situation. i felt like maybe he wasnt telling me something.

other things that make me worry are that he had a history of drug use (i think maybe even as far as heroin, so maybe he injected) and he went to the doctors often to get "his jabs" (upon googling, i think HIV medication is a pill, so maybe his jabs were something entirely unrelated)

We only had oral which i think HIV transmission is rare for. But i worry that maybe one of those days mabe i had a cut in my mouth or something horrible like that.

It all took place between like 2011-2016 most likely, thoug its hard to properly remember.

I think the fact he never use to "finish" in front of me, makes me seriousl worry he had something wrong with him. As well as the fact he visited the doctors often. But i seem to remember him saying the jabs were for depression or something like that..

I am thinking of getting HIV test done. just so i can put it all behind me. but yeah, right now. im just working my self up and worrying :S :S :S

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Getting tested is easy. With the exposure being so many years ago you will only need one test (though if you have been having sex with other people since then there is still a chance of exposure which if less than 6 months ago would mean multiple tests). Once you get a negative test result those worries can melt away. I think you should just go get tested, I have never even had to pay to get tested. Also, HIV is not the only thing that you can catch, with testing you can find out if you have anything else and if you do and it is treatable you can be treated.

I do have some bad news though
    Intravenous drug use is a way of getting HIV, so that could be a worry rather than just thinking of what he might have been taking in order to treat being positive.

Rare still means possible. Also, "precum" can pass the virus as easily as ejaculate.

All of this adds up to, go get tested. Once tested you will know for sure.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both pre-ejaculation fluid and semen can carry HIV. However, oral transmission is exceptionally rare, as in almost undocumented. So it's very, very unlikely you're HIV+ from oral sex, especially if this activity occurred a limited number of times. If you were taking a bunch of people's loads a dozen times a day, over months, then I'd start to be concerned about the possibility of transmission.

Likewise, had you gotten HIV from him 6-8 years ago, you'd know it by now, because it would likely be showing up as other health issues.

However, from what you describe, the odds are strongly in your favor here.

Get tested. Not because you likely have it, but because it will ease your mind and stop you from obsessing about it.