1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you get the Covid-19 vaccine?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It went fine. The next day I developed fever with chills, headache, body ache, flu symptoms. Lasted about a day. Bad enough to take a day off work. I was initially worried as I had an anaphylactic reaction to a medication in my teens. I had Covid (work in hospital) last year and I really had no option but to take the vaccine!

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I will have the vaccine as soon as it's offered to me, even if I have to attend a vaccination centre or clinic in the middle of the night. It may be a few months yet for me because the UK is vaccinating the elderly and most vulnerable first to bring the mortality rate down.

Be careful what you read online about the Covid19 vaccines. The internet is awash with misinformation and conspiracy theories. Don't allow cranks and crackpots to compromise your health and wellbeing.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely. It's well worth the side effects I've been hearing about. Getting the vaccine is the first step in defeating this horrid virus.

#23 Randy, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not right away. I want to gauge the risk versus effectiveness ratio. I'm not anti-vaxx by any means, but I'm also not going to let them just pump something into me without first knowing what issues it might cause.

5. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. I am glad that I was vaccinated against smallpox and polio

But I will avoid the Covid-19 one if I possibly can, vaccines are not vegan and I am vegan. I will however get it if it is required, though it will be at least a year before even 3/4 of the country I am in gets it so I am sure that I can avoid it for quite a while.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. Yes! I've not had a bad reaction to any vaccination. Yet. I keep looking to see how they'll phase it. When my group finally comes up, I want to have it. I feel as though my independence has been dialed back and I worry about cabin fever.

Glad you are okay. This seems weird ... how it turned for the better so quickly. But good!

Report back on how it goes!

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ll wait until the FDA gives it normal approval or I’m forced to take it. I’m not averse enough to taking it that I’ll put up a huge fight but I’m willing to give my spot up to someone else who needs it more. Right now, the FDA doesn’t even claim that it prevents the spread of the virus and doesn’t know exactly how long immunity will last. With my 3 in 1,000,000 chance of dying of COVID, I’ll pass, especially if they cannot claim that my getting vaccinated helps anyone else. However, if you’re high risk, it’s your decision to get it, as it might be worth it for you. In addition, I had very high risk exposures but never got tested since it was early in the pandemic (I only quarantined). My dad also has antibodies and essentially lives with me. I feel like I had it, but I don’t have antibodies. Not sure if they went away as they say they can. But if I never got it, then apparently my masking, social distancing, and hand sanitizing is working and there’s, again, no need.

And as an aside, I’m for most other vaccines and a person of science. But don’t ask me to blindly believe in “science;” that’s an oxymoron.

#27 Austin, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  8. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, I'd have it tomorrow if it were available.

I cannot understand anyone who wouldn't have it. By all accounts catching Covid is an utterly horrible and, of course, potentially fatal.

9. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very much on the same page. I do wonder if I caught it early on as well (I had what I thought was severe allergies and a cold at the time, and the symptoms lasted longer than usual) but never got tested due to certain constraints. I refuse to blindly trust in the vaccine, despite the number of people shaming others for not doing so. People are awful quick to assume someone is anti-vax just for being critical, but this extends to so many other facets of life, lately (and is a conversation for another time).

If others wanna get it right away? Cool. But I'll personally be keeping a sharp eye on that risk vs. reward ratio before doing so myself.

10. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Their only idea was that it might've been vasovagal syncope, which is essentially your body getting scared for no real reason and overloading its own systems. When people pass out from the sight of blood or stage fright, that's what it is. There's no actual reason for it to happen, but the body randomly decides to go "oh no! bad thing! bad thing!" and scares itself into dropped blood pressure, which causes passing out.

#30 Destin, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally understand. I have had about two or three vasovagal responses - all of them because of more difficult medical encounters.

12. RD Spencer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I going to wait this one out. I am low risk health wise. While most vaccines work well this one is rushed and there hasn’t been enough time to truly see what kind of long-term side effects there could be.

For people in a higher risk category should definitely weigh the risk of not getting the vaccine.

Before the lock down I was sick with something and had a low-grade fever and mild headaches for almost two weeks, felt good for a few days then the headaches returned for another week. I have never had headaches like that before and it felt very different than any cold or flu I have had before as well. My wife had a dry cough for two weeks at the same time but no cough for me.

Was sick again for a couple of days two months ago with what felt just like a mild flu with no covid symptoms so I didn’t concern myself with it. Now I am reading that there is no flu going around, but I suspect that this is not entirely true.

I will still assume that I am at risk of getting covid and use precaution.

13. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I want to get it eventually. TBH, I'm kinda confused about when I'll be able to get it since they have so many rules about who is getting it first. I'll just be happy once the majority of the population has it and we can stop wearing masks and social distancing

#33 BothWaysSecret, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  14. BreezyB

Ig I'll be the outlier and say no. Not an anti vaxxer but I do prefer not to take vaccines when I feel like it's not really necessar and this is one of those situations to me

15. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my first one earlier this week. It went fine. :slight_smile:

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Natives and blacks have a long history of distrust towards the federal government due to past medical experiments

I'll wait

17. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll get it just because I know people who are high risk. But being a truck driver I'm not essential enough to be in the essential group so no idea when I could get it.

18. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    After the supreme loser banned the 3 WHO-approved vaccines, they bought the non-approved Russian vaccine for prople. I'm sure they had already got one of those vaccines they deprive the people of.

19. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm definitely down to get it, just patiently waiting my time... I'm healthy and currently unemployed so there's others who need it worse than me. Meanwhile I'll keep wearing my mask, distancing, and sanitizing. Haha

20. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I'll get it as soon as I can. I feel the benefits outweigh the risks.