1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will bestiality be considered normal ever?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Momosboy, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Will bestiality (sex with real animals) ever be okay?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. No

92 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Maybe

17 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. I never thought of it.

8 vote(s)
    7.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Werbinich

That is rape since it merely fulfills the desires of some which violates the freedom of others even if it were an animal.

2. BiPenguin

A very firm NO.

3. Werbinich

On an afterthought, it is not just abnormal, but immoral...if you see it from my perception.

4. Joey4

This is the best thing I've ever read on this forum. Someone knowledgeable took and unpopular stance and answered a hard question.

I don't condone bestiality, but let's get on the other side of this issue.

I think my favorite part about this is that you have a bunch of gays saying that something someone else likes is "icky." If I just read the responses alone and not the question, I would've thought some totally straight individual asked if gay sex was wrong.

5. Jessica79

ewww no its sick and disgusting :I the animal cant agree with it so its rape aswell

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    So the animals are "asking for it", eh?

7. DrkRayne

No. Animals can't consent. They act on instinct. To engaged in sex with an animal is a act of animal cruelty.
    Its rape of an animal.
    As far as some animals acting as if they "want it". Its not the same. For some animals, sex in instinct to reproduce/mate. Others its social. The only mammals to have sex for pleasure is humans and dolphins.
    When any monkey or ape or dog or any other animal gives a sexual advance, its not doing it for pleasure, as we humans do. Its trying to reproduce because its in heat, or its giving a social signal.
    Our response to sex is different. Therefor the animals CANNOT consent. Its the same as a child. Children cannot consent to sex. They don't understand it. They arent old enough to make a decision.
    Its similar to having sex with a drunk person, or a person who is on GHB. Their body may say one thing, but their mind doesn't comprehend what is going on.
    If the other person cannot make a logical decision with all the facts in a language they understand...then you can't have sex with them. Its rape
    The same goes for non-humans.

#47 DrkRayne, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  8. penguin machine

I'm merely asking if an animal can make decisions about its own sexual actions. Don't twist my words, please. Animals might not be comparatively as intelligent as humans but for the most part they are still independent agents. To a bonobo, a sexual act serves a variety of different purposes, and they certainly have boundaries. They simply react far less violently to an offence than a chimpanzee does. There's still social structure, politics, and etiquette that this highly intelligent species follows. If you were dead-set on experiencing bonobo sexual interactions you would do well to understand that just as with humans, there is a social pathway you have to follow. To be frank, A bonobo will probably defend itself against an unwelcome sexual advance with far more violence than most humans are capable of.

I never said any animal was asking for it, especially not with that tone your quotation marks imply. Let me be clear. I'm not suggesting that being open to sexual advances excuses rape, no matter the species. I'm saying that making sexual advances and being receptive to them is a pretty good indicator of a desire for some degree of sexual interaction, no matter the species. I'm merely taking the logical leap and suggesting that maybe animals can decide how they feel about sex. I'm not suggesting that pinning your dog and raping it is admissible. I'm merely suggesting that your dog might actually have some idea of when it wants sexual intercourse. And nothing more.

9. blueberrymuffin

Similar to pedophiles, I don't think it should be stigmatized because a) i doubt the stigma prevents anyone from wanting to have sex with animals and b) that only causes it to go underground where no one learns anything about it. But to make it legal is another argument entirely. Regardless how one feels about gay sex, it's clear that there are people who go their whole lives only attracted to the same sex, and it's between consenting adults.

My concern with bestiality is the real potential for either the animal or human to get hurt, and that similar to pedophiles who act on their urges, the human will ignore or misinterpret the animal's "consent." Back in middle school, i had a friend whose sibling stuck a toy in their cat's...well you know. He said the cat evidently enjoyed it because it purred. Well guess what, cats also do that when they're in pain! This is the problem with different species. We can't communicate on equal level.

10. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Children can also make decisions about their own sexual actions. But for certain reasons, we don't allow adults to have sex with humans under a certain age. Just imagine animals as being like eternal one year olds. End of story.

11. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I was hovering around thinking about what to write next, but that sums my objections up I suppose. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that animals are probably aware to some extent of what they want, and are capable of consent, but any ambiguity in communication b/w animal and human makes me uncomfortable. Not saying there isn't ambiguity in consent b/w humans, but with animals communication is so unreliable/uncertain that I find it incredibly hard to condone bestiality, since I don't see how any firm mutual consent could exist on that very subjective basis.

Also, I'm still not convinced that we can know whether or not the animal is hurt by it, whether or not it resists. Since it can't let us know it's hurt, again that's a risk that shouldn't be taken lightly. Also we don't know on what basis the animal is consenting, so we don't know if it's consenting for sound reasons (does it know what it's doing, why it's doing it, what the consequences are? It knows it wants sex, but does it know much else?), if we don't know, which we clearly don't, then I think it's better to assume for now that sex with animals could be negative than assuming it's all good.

#51 sam the man, Sep 26, 2013
  12. Phoenixaaa

^ This, exactly.

13. Joey4

I agree with all of that. The original question was, will it ever be okay? Will it ever be legal is another question entirely.

Things can become legal, and still be unpopular with at least some of the population. Gay marriage is becoming increasingly legal, yet a lot people still oppose it. Comedian Louis CK does a good bit on gay marriage, imitating a parent saying "how am I supposed to tell my child that two men are getting married?" He continues that the argument will become "well then a guy will marry his dog," to which he responds "good, I hope he blows his dog."

Seen here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eb-JZSyhWSc

In think gays are offended that bestiality and pedophilia are being discussed the way homosexuality is being discussed. People are born gay. Are people born attracted to children or animals? Will homosexuality ever be okay? The rate of progression in society says yes.

The argument now is about consenting. Penguin Machine says there are animals who can consent.

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Great topic and something I have thought about for a while, especially after reading Augustine's City of God, where he specifically mentions that bestiality is just one rung lower than homosexuality in terms of sexual deviance.

As for the claims about consent, that is a very tricky issue since obviously animals show preference when having sex between each other, and interspecies sex is not uncommon. There are even examples of animals who try to rape people, such as orangutans (not to mention horny dogs that will try to hump any human). A lot of what people posted about animals resembles speciesism.

#54 resu, Sep 26, 2013
  15. robotman

No... That's disgusting.