1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did people start bathing regularly before having sex?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mnguy, Feb 3, 2023.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seems like it would be pretty stinky and gross in the sex zone if bathing weekly or less. Hetero mission style maybe not so bad. Did they wash or rinse well before oral and anal sex though? That would apply regardless of gender or Kinsey number bc everybody has to go and people of all types do all the sex stuff.

It seems obvious disease would be spread with sex knowing about the various pathogens and what a nice petri dish our bodies are. We still say to wash hands after going which I agree, but are rectum borne illness/parasites not a problem anymore for some reason? I've been confused by what I read from people having anal sex. The bottom can eat well, be regular and should be ready for sex after going. Some people also do a water enema for that extra clean feeling or maybe the top insists. How is either like washing your hands with soap and water? The top might use fingers with spit or lube to loosen up the partner. Once they're ready, does the top wash hands or just grab on wherever and go at it? Does the top take off the condom, toss it, and keep fooling around with the same hands? It sounds like the norm as well as rimming. They say they don't get sick, it's just normal, sex is messy so don't worry about it.

What's scientific truth?

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess no one understands it either so it remains a physical and sexual health mystery...

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure how factually accurate it was, but I came across a video (that I guess was supposed to be funny?) of somebody trying to explain the concept of oral to their grandma, and they were DISGUSTED. If that's accurate, that makes me feel like non penis-in-vagina sex only got "popular" in the last ~70ish years. Probably has a bit to do with social norms, a bit to do with with better hygiene?

And something tells me that if people whipped their turds out the window into the streets for a good chunk of history, the sexually adventurous wouldn't really think much of un-hygienic sex lol.

All just speculation :slight_smile:

#3 HM03, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly have no idea.But I'd be surprised if this has not been covered somewhere in a history of sex text.

5. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I nearly always have a shower with body shampoo for my partner. He is feminine so I try to smell nice for him. And if I make my lover feel good it makes me feel good, that's how a relationship works.

Traffic Cop and Contented like this.