1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When and how did you figure out you were not straight?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Foxfeather, May 4, 2015.

1. Lynx19

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I kiss a girl back when I was first year highschool :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:......

Yaaayyyytttsssss

2. ms24601

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Up until my teenage years I was sure I was straight, it never occured to me that I could be something other than that. But in my late teens when I had my first kiss (with a guy) I felt nothing, at first I thought it was just because I didn't know him that well, but then I started to wonder if the reason why I didn't like it was because he was a guy so I started to question and eventually I realized I was attracted to women as well, and since then I've felt that my attraction to women has only increased and my attraction to men decreased, although it is still somewhat present.

3. annabeth chase

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It was the summer when I was 14. I kept looking at pretty girls on the street and my eyes would linger accidentally. When I noticed myself doing it, I'd tell myself I just admired them, or thought their outfits were nice. It happened more and more.
    Then when I was walking the streets of Dublin late one night, I realised I was in love with my best friend. Two months later, after a lot of confusion I decided I was a lesbian.

4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

There was never a specific time and place.. But I do remember seing this really cute/sexy girl and my eyes were literally glued to her ass for more then a minute.. I kept glancing! I was like 10-11. I also remember Looking at her boobs a few times :wink: Then I was like ''FUCK ME'' literally in my head I wanted her in that moment :lol: I crushed on her a bit after that when I saw her and I thought of her.. in my alone time :wink: It was so good! I was such a perve! ♥

5. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

I'm that person! :slight_smile:
    - In response to the OP: I just knew, it's hard to explain but I always knew guys weren't who I liked.

6. Bearsona

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of first knew I like girls when I was still in elementary school. Though I can't really state that as a when or how because I had no idea of what being 'straight' and 'gay' meant. For me it felt natural, and I had never seen two people of the same gender share affections up to that point.

I guess the moment I became fully conscious of what it was was when I was around 14, and I developed a huge crush on a female classmate. It felt natural again but I had more of an idea of what sexual and romantic orientations were... As well as the instinct to actually keep it hidden for the first time.

Sad days...

7. twister692

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had interest in other guys as well as some girls (I lean a bit more towards guys on the bi teeter totter) since I was super young, long before I learned what gay vs. Straight vs. Bi was. It took until recently that I've slowly came out of denial and came to turns with my sexuality, but I've known deep down forever.

8. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was 14. I had been attracted to men since I was 11, but it never hit me that what I felt for men was sexual attraction and the thought that maybe I was gay or that maybe this thing I felt for men had something to so with my sexual orientation never even crossed my mind. Everyone had been telling me, since I was a kid, that I would eventually develop an interest in women and I was still waiting for and anticipating that.

Well, when I was 14, I was having a conversation with my friend and I don't remember what brought this up, but he explicitly stated that in order for masturbation to work, you need to think about something you find sexually attractive. And, well, I always thought about men when I masturbated, so that's when I realized that this thing I felt for men was sexual attraction.

At first I thought there was something wrong with me, because everyone was telling me that I would eventually develop those kinds of feelings for women, not for men, so I didn't understand why I felt this way. But then I connected the dots and realized that having these feelings for men rather than women made me gay. I thought I was a complete fucking idiot for not figuring it out on my own...

9. woahthatsboring

I think I already knew when I was younger since I was always the one to stare a second longer, I just never faced it to recently. So I was probably 12 when the idea came in my head and 17 when I started to question what it all meant.

10. ApexxShadow

when I was little I would get these 'special' feelings towards girls. I just thought I wanted to be good friends with them..then once I saw this girl and I was like 'DAYYYM.' and that's how I figured out I was gay